PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals 2004

Brady Yoon
2004-May-17, 05:08 AM
Who do you think's gonna win the NBA finals?

I say Lakers, but then again, I'm biased, as I'm from Anaheim Hills. :)

Candy
2004-May-17, 05:14 AM
I'm a Hoosier, what can I say?

semi-sentient
2004-May-17, 05:16 AM
http://www.dolem.com/images/spurs_gone_fishing.jpg

Archer17
2004-May-17, 05:24 AM
Lakers. They went through the motions for awhile but turned it up a notch as the season went on.

AZgazer
2004-May-17, 05:39 AM
No Piston love Brady? :P I am a huge Tim Duncan fan and an avid Karl Malone hater, so I must go with anyone other than the Lakers, I did take Sac in the polls though.

Brady Yoon
2004-May-17, 05:41 AM
Oops, forgot about the pistons. #-o Did they win today?

AZgazer
2004-May-17, 05:44 AM

That series is all tied up. :( I don't know who is worse IMO Latrell Sprewell or Jason Kidd. I am not a big fan of "bad citizen" athletes.

Brady Yoon
2004-May-17, 05:49 AM
I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Kobe. :P

AZgazer
2004-May-17, 05:57 AM
I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Kobe. :P

"Innocent until proven guilty."

AGN Fuel
2004-May-17, 06:41 AM
I've been a Kings fan since the Kansas City days. There has been a lot of pain in that time! :lol: (I will never forgive Robert Horry........)

I voted the Kings, but boy, Garnett is just Quality. If the Kings don't take it out, I really hope the T-Wolves do.

AZgazer
2004-May-17, 06:50 AM
My general feelings on the West are; S.A. > Sac/Min > L.A.

AGN Fuel
2004-May-17, 07:28 AM
My general feelings on the West are; S.A. > Sac/Min > L.A.

S.A. are finished for this season. Shame - I would have liked to see them bury the Lakers. :evil:

AZgazer
2004-May-17, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I like Duncan & Parker alot. Oh well. I felt that S.A. could beat either Sac. or Min. but that either of those teams were better than L.A. So it's off to the back up plan for me, go anyone but L.A!! :wink: Malone & Shaq on the same team, what more could you need to root against the Lakers!?!?!

Kind of like the Cowboys, as a Steeler fan I root for 2 teams, the Steelers and anyone playing the Cowboys. :D

Nylex
2004-May-17, 08:24 AM
The Lakers, unfortunately.

semi-sentient
2004-May-17, 04:07 PM
Jealousy will get you people nowhere... :P

Lakers are in good shape to take in again. I can't believe people are saying that SA/Sac/Minn are better than the Lakers. That doesn't make any sense. If these teams were better, they would be winning championships, no?

Brady Yoon
2004-May-17, 11:37 PM
Well, San Antonio has won 2 championships in the last five years. (Not that I like them.) :)

Master258
2004-May-18, 12:26 AM
T-WOLVES ALL THE WAY

AGN Fuel
2004-May-18, 01:11 AM
T-WOVES ALL THE WAY

Shouldn't that be "T weaves all the way"??! :wink:

Oh, you mean T-Wolves.......sorry, my friend, but the Kings are coming to getcha!! (Well, the six of them left who aren't injured or suspended that is!) :lol:

Master258
2004-May-18, 01:16 AM
T-WOVES ALL THE WAY

Oh, you mean T-Wolves.......sorry, my friend, but the Kings are coming to getcha!! (Well, the six of them left who aren't injured or suspended that is!) :lol:

THE T-WOVES WILL CRUSH YOU.
Sorry for the captal letters but I fell strongly about Minnesota sports.

AZgazer
2004-May-18, 01:25 AM
Jealousy will get you people nowhere... :P

Lakers are in good shape to take in again. I can't believe people are saying that SA/Sac/Minn are better than the Lakers. That doesn't make any sense. If these teams were better, they would be winning championships, no?

Since I posted I feel that way, I will defend myself. The Lakers have not yet won the Championship for 04 and until then last years Champ would still be the "Current" Champion and that would be....? The Spurs, not L.A. So yeah, I will say they have been winning Championships, might not have defended this year, but L.A. hasn't won it yet either.......

hickboy
2004-May-18, 02:08 PM
Now that the Spurs are out... Anyone but the Lakers. Realistically, though I think that it will either be LA or Minnesota. If Sacramento mangages to get past Minnesota, I think the Lakers will be to much for them.

Ut
2004-May-18, 02:18 PM
Wait? There are basketball playoffs going on?

Ahh, what does it matter. CBC's showing hockey. I'm good.

Candy
2004-May-18, 02:23 PM

Ahh, what does it matter. CBC's showing hockey. I'm good. Could someone else just vote for the PACERS? 8-[

Ut
2004-May-18, 02:28 PM
Done.
Now...umm... Where are the Pacers from? :oops:

StarStuff
2004-May-18, 02:35 PM

Ahh, what does it matter. CBC's showing hockey. I'm good.

I'm right with you there. I was actually thinking of starting a separate hockey playoffs thread. Who are you cheering for? I'm going for the Flames, all the way! :)

Candy
2004-May-18, 02:35 PM
Done.
Now...umm... Where are the Pacers from? :oops: Indianapolis, Indiana =D> Google Indiana and Basketball. Indiana is mostly known for highschool and college Basketball (girls and boys). Have you ever heard of Gene Keady (Purdue) or Bobby Knight (ex-Indiana University)? I am originally from Tippecanoe County (Lafayette, IN). There are tons more famous folk known for or related to Indiana Basketball. Reggie Miller! Larry Byrd! Tons.

[edit to thank Ut]

Ut
2004-May-18, 02:46 PM
I'm right with you there. I was actually thinking of starting a separate hockey playoffs thread. Who are you cheering for? I'm going for the Flames, all the way! :)

Habs! Go Habs Go! You can do it! Just get in your little time machine and beat the good-for-nothing Lightning!

*sigh*

Calgary will have to do.

Indianapolis, Indiana Google Indiana and Basketball. Indiana is mostly known for highschool and college Basketball (girls and boys). Have you ever heard of Gene Keady (Purdue) or Bobby Knight (ex-Indiana University)? I am originally from Tippecanoe County (Lafayette, IN). There are tons more famous folk known for or related to Indiana Basketball. Reggie Miller! Larry Byrd! Tons.

Gene Keady: No
Bobby Knight: No
Reggie Miller: No
Larry Byrd: Yes

Though, I do read a tri-weekly sporting article by someone from Dayton. I hear about the Hoosiers a lot.

Candy
2004-May-18, 02:50 PM

Habs! Go Habs Go! You can do it! Just get in your little time machine and beat the good-for-nothing Lightning!

*sigh*

Calgary will have to do.

Indianapolis, Indiana Google Indiana and Basketball. Indiana is mostly known for highschool and college Basketball (girls and boys). Have you ever heard of Gene Keady (Purdue) or Bobby Knight (ex-Indiana University)? I am originally from Tippecanoe County (Lafayette, IN). There are tons more famous folk known for or related to Indiana Basketball. Reggie Miller! Larry Byrd! Tons.

Gene Keady: No
Bobby Knight: No
Reggie Miller: No
Larry Byrd: Yes

Though, I do read a tri-weekly sporting article by someone from Dayton. I hear about the Hoosiers a lot.

You have heard of Larry Byrd, but not Bobby Knight? Are you talking about Dayton, Indiana or Dayton, Ohio? I am from the Dayton, Indiana area.

Ut
2004-May-18, 02:53 PM
Are you talking about Dayton, Indiana or Dayton, Ohio?

I'd say that was a silly question, all things considered, but... Umm... It's just called "The News from Dayton", so I guess I don't actually know. The guy's a big IU fan, so I just sort of assumed...

Candy
2004-May-18, 03:02 PM
Are you talking about Dayton, Indiana or Dayton, Ohio?

I'd say that was a silly question, all things considered, but... Umm... It's just called "The News from Dayton", so I guess I don't actually know. The guy's a big IU fan, so I just sort of assumed... My guess is the person you know is from Dayton, Ohio. Because if he were from Dayton, Indiana - he would be a Purdue Fan or very mentally challenged???

AGN Fuel
2004-May-20, 03:15 AM
T-WOVES ALL THE WAY

sorry, my friend, but the Kings are coming to getcha!! (Well, the six of them left who aren't injured or suspended that is!) :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congratulations, Master258.

Now go beat LA. :evil:

AZgazer
2004-May-20, 03:25 AM
KG showed a MVP's heart and C Web didn't. When KG nailed that 3 with 1 second left on the shot clock it was over then. =D> =D> =D>

Anyone but L.A. is fine with me. :wink:

Master258
2004-May-20, 05:57 PM
T-WOVES ALL THE WAY

sorry, my friend, but the Kings are coming to getcha!! (Well, the six of them left who aren't injured or suspended that is!) :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congratulations, Master258.

Now go beat LA. :evil:

WE SHALL!!!! MINNESOTA WILL RULE

Master258
2004-May-20, 06:23 PM
T-WOVES ALL THE WAY

Oh god I just relized I wrote that wrong. Do'h

AGN Fuel
2004-May-20, 11:37 PM
WE SHALL!!!! MINNESOTA WILL RULE

Even though it hurts, I must admit that Minnesota were most worthy winners. Your team played with poise, courage and skill. =D>

Kevin Garnett is a true champion, on and off the court. You Minnesotans should be hugely proud of him!

BEAT L.A.!

Master258
2004-May-22, 03:40 PM
Kevin Garnett is a true champion, on and off the court. You Minnesotans should be hugely proud of him!

BEAT L.A.!

We are proud of KG. He has made us champions. He is a god to us. AND WE WILL KILL L.A.

semi-sentient
2004-May-22, 07:28 PM
Yep, they are killing LA so far... :P

Lakers in 5, or 4 if they don't have a let down game.

Master258
2004-May-22, 08:19 PM
Yep, they are killing LA so far... :P

Lakers in 5, or 4 if they don't have a let down game.

It's just the start my friend. All good things come to people who wait.

semi-sentient
2004-May-23, 06:49 PM
No, they don't. I've been saying that my whole life, and well... still waiting. :P

I do hope that Minnesota makes this a good series, because I really do want to see KG succeed (just not against the Lakers). I would love to see a competitive 7 game series (with LA winning, of course), but I don't think Minnesota can do that with the injuries they have. We'll see what happens tonight. If Minnesota can pull out the win, then I think the series can be stretched to 7. Keep in mind that Kobe might miss most of Game 4 because he will be in court, and the game is starting earlier than usual. This will be Minnesota's opportunity to steal back homecourt. If they lose tonight though, then I don't think they can win games 3 or 4... with or without Kobe. Their confidence seems a bit shaky right now as it is.

Master258
2004-May-23, 07:29 PM
No, they don't. I've been saying that my whole life, and well... still waiting. :P

I do hope that Minnesota makes this a good series, because I really do want to see KG succeed (just not against the Lakers). I would love to see a competitive 7 game series (with LA winning, of course), but I don't think Minnesota can do that with the injuries they have. We'll see what happens tonight. If Minnesota can pull out the win, then I think the series can be stretched to 7. Keep in mind that Kobe might miss most of Game 4 because he will be in court, and the game is starting earlier than usual. This will be Minnesota's opportunity to steal back homecourt. If they lose tonight though, then I don't think they can win games 3 or 4... with or without Kobe. Their confidence seems a bit shaky right now as it is.

Big Laker fan? Too bad. I piety you. MINNESOTA WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

semi-sentient
2004-May-23, 11:43 PM
Yep, been a Laker fan for about 20 years... although I've never even been to LA! :P

AZgazer
2004-May-24, 06:32 AM
Seems the Wolves have some life left in them after all!

Master258
2004-May-24, 03:52 PM

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!! BOUT TIME YOU SAW THE LIGHT!!!

AZgazer
2004-May-24, 04:57 PM

LoL, hey Master I am rooting for anyone but L.A. :) I'm on your side, hehe. Point that light elsewhere. :P

Master258
2004-May-24, 05:59 PM

LoL, hey Master I am rooting for anyone but L.A. :) I'm on your side, hehe. Point that light elsewhere. :P

Sorry. :oops:

Candy
2004-May-28, 03:50 AM
PACER'S STILL IN, RIGHT?

Brady Yoon
2004-May-28, 04:00 AM
Yeah, but they're down 2-1 in the series. I hope the finals are between LA and Indiana again, with LA winning of course.

semi-sentient
2004-May-28, 04:40 AM
I'm pulling for Indiana to get there again as well. I'd like for LA to be able to win it on their homecourt this year. ;)

Candy
2004-May-28, 04:43 AM
Yeah, but they're down 2-1 in the series. I hope the finals are between LA and Indiana again, with LA winning of course. PACERS! (Being a Hoosier, and having met the great Reggie some years ago, it is time.) MARK MY WORDS. IT IS TIME! PACERS WILL...

AZgazer
2004-May-28, 05:09 AM
Yeah, but they're down 2-1 in the series. I hope the finals are between LA and Indiana again, with LA winning of course. PACERS! (Being a Hoosier, and having met the great Reggie some years ago, it is time.) MARK MY WORDS. IT IS TIME! PACERS WILL...

...Lose to Detroit in 5. After Reggie got his basket spanked by Tejan Prince, there has been no life in the Pacers at all. :x I would like to see Indiana advance mainly due to Miller not having a ring, but I would be greatly shocked if they win another game.

Sorry, but he's going to go out like my all time favorite Charles, no ring and a trip to the Hall. I watched the infamous Knicks choke and Reggie's performance in the last 30 seconds of that game will go down IMO as one of the all time 5 best individual game performances in Sports History.

Candy
2004-May-28, 05:15 AM

...Lose to Detroit in 5. After Reggie got his basket spanked by Tejan Prince, there has been no life in the Pacers at all. :x I would like to see Indiana advance mainly due to Miller not having a ring, but I would be greatly shocked if they win another game.

Sorry, but he's going to go out like my all time favorite Charles, no ring and a trip to the Hall. I watched the infamous Knicks choke and Reggie's performance in the last 30 seconds of that game will go down IMO as one of the all time 5 best individual game performances in Sports History. WE WILL SEE! [Additional thought SO WRONG] I have faith in Reggie. THE MAN!

AGN Fuel
2004-Jun-02, 03:04 AM
WE WILL SEE! [Additional thought SO WRONG] I have faith in Reggie. THE MAN!

Well, what an offensive showcase of a Game 6 that was....... :roll:

134 points combined - winning a playoff game without reaching 70 - winning a game shooting <33% from the field...... :roll: :-&

The Lakers will already be preparing the post-victory speeches.

George
2004-Jun-02, 04:01 AM
This might be the place to ask. Does anyone know the necessary speed a player would have to move in order to create enough time dilation effect to fake, spin, jump and shoot within .4 seconds left on a clock set in the inertial frame of the ref.? :lol:

Master258
2004-Jun-02, 06:06 PM
:( :( :( I have to admit Lakers won. Good Job. :( :( :(

AGN Fuel
2004-Jun-02, 11:50 PM
God Job. :( :( :(

Are you suggesting that God had a covert influence on the result?? :lol:

Master258
2004-Jun-03, 10:28 PM
God Job. :( :( :(

Are you suggesting that God had a covert influence on the result?? :lol:

D'oh! I have to look over my post more.

AZgazer
2004-Jun-07, 03:46 AM
Lesser of 2 evils 1, Lakers 0. :wink:

Brady Yoon
2004-Jun-07, 04:01 AM
****. Can't believe they lost to the Pistons. Hopefully it will be like the 2001 finals vs the 76ers... :evil:

AZgazer
2004-Jun-14, 04:51 AM
I am enjoying the Finals this year very, very much!!!!!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

pumpkinpie
2004-Jun-14, 01:41 PM
ME TOO!! I grew up in Michigan. I was a huge Pistons fan back in the Bad Boys days. Even went to a finals game vs. the Lakers in the Silverdome. I think it was the second year they won it, but they lost the game I went to.
Wish I could be in Michigan again to enjoy the Pistons winning the Championship on Tuesday! :)

Candy
2004-Jun-14, 01:49 PM
Oops, forgot about the pistons. #-o Did they win today? Sorry, I just had to remind Brady. Did the Pacers lose? :evil:

Mars
2004-Jun-14, 02:47 PM
Go Pistons! The owner of the Pistons owns the Lightning! Two Championships in two weeks!!!

Detroit is Tampa's Team too!!!

AZgazer
2004-Jun-16, 03:46 AM

We getting an updated version? :wink: I love this game!!!!!!!

AZgazer
2004-Jun-16, 03:47 AM

Yeah, they kinda beat LA. :oops: I love this game!!!!!!!

bbtuna
2004-Jun-16, 03:49 AM
Yea! Go Pistons! =D> =D>

Candy
2004-Jun-16, 03:50 AM

Yeah, they kinda beat LA. :oops: I love this game!!!!!!!AZgazer, you are the shazam!

semi-sentient
2004-Jun-16, 05:20 PM

We getting an updated version? :wink: I love this game!!!!!!!

:P Yeah, I'll probably work on something this weekend... :lol: