PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a female Doctor Who?

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2011-Apr-26, 06:35 PM
Has there ever been a female Doctor Who? Has there ever been an American Dr. Who? Michelle Forbes would make a great Doctor (or maybe not- maybe too serious for the roll???).

HenrikOlsen
2011-Apr-26, 07:03 PM
Has there ever been a female Doctor Who? Has there ever been an American Dr. Who? Michelle Forbes would make a great Doctor (or maybe not- maybe too serious for the roll???).
Female, in the 2009 Comic Relief Special (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM), yes.

With The Doctor played in successive incarnations by Rowan Atkinson, Richard E. Grant, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Grant and Joanna Lumley.

ToSeek
2011-Apr-26, 08:51 PM
There were also a series of fan videos (http://www.eskimo.com/~rkj/doctor.html) made in the eighties by a very talented guy in Washington state who cast a local actress named Barbara Benedetti as the Doctor.

Lastly, there's a Big Finish audio in their "Unbound" series called Exile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_%28audio_drama%29) where the Doctor regenerates as female and is played by British comedian Arabella Weir.

Solfe
2011-Apr-27, 03:38 AM
An American Doctor? Get out! I mean don't do it. The series barely survived having Doctor Who visit LA. Imagine if they tried to replace the hosts of Top Gear with Americans? Oh, I know they thought about for History Channel, but I have successfully blocked out the line of reasoning and the results. :)

A female Doctor Who would be much more credible.

jokergirl
2011-Apr-27, 08:06 AM
Female, in the 2009 Comic Relief Special (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM), yes.

With The Doctor played in successive incarnations by Rowan Atkinson, Richard E. Grant, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Grant and Joanna Lumley.

Awesome video :D

And they do have Top Gear Australia! ;)

NickW
2011-Apr-28, 04:01 PM
And they do have Top Gear Australia!

Which I heard wasn't all that good compared to the UK. And, no thanks, I wouldn't want to see an American version of Top Gear.

tusenfem
2011-Apr-28, 09:18 PM
Of course there is "the Doctor Donna" not quite a female Dr. Who, but still ....

Middenrat
2011-May-01, 12:41 AM
no, but Tom Baker is cute in ringlets.

Paul Beardsley
2011-May-01, 07:41 AM
He went around with a Time Lady for a while - Romana, played by Mary Tamm and (following a regeneration) Lalla Ward. She could fly the TARDIS and did Doctorish things.

ravens_cry
2011-May-03, 01:08 AM
no, but Tom Baker is cute in ringlets.
Tom Baker also played Puddleglum in the BBC adaptation of 'Silver Chair.' Thanks for that mental image.:doh:

Certassar
2011-May-03, 05:49 PM
Not a female doctor, but Jenny, the genetic female "clone" of the 10th doctor (The Doctor's Daughter), is out there somewhere.

The Backroad Astronomer
2011-May-06, 07:09 PM
Not a female doctor, but Jenny, the genetic female "clone" of the 10th doctor (The Doctor's Daughter), is out there somewhere.

The actress who played her is also the daughter of Peter Davidson who was right after Tom Baker.

Paul Beardsley
2011-May-06, 11:07 PM
Davison, not Davidson.

Stug III
2011-May-09, 10:38 AM
Surely the correct answer is "Yes there was, but it hasn't happened yet."

Middenrat
2011-May-10, 12:06 AM
Surely the correct answer is "Yes there was, but it hasn't happened yet."

Just repeating that in my head is twisting my melon.

ToSeek
2011-May-10, 02:06 PM
The actress who played her is also the daughter of Peter Davison who was right after Tom Baker.

And she's now engaged to David Tennant, and they've had a child together. Time Lord blood on both sides!

The Backroad Astronomer
2011-May-10, 03:23 PM
Davison, not Davidson.

Sorry, did it out of memory did not double check.

The Backroad Astronomer
2011-May-10, 03:57 PM
And she's now engaged to David Tennant, and they've had a child together. Time Lord blood on both sides!

That probably is the cutest baby in all of GB or at least will grow to have the best hair, the BA will be real jealous then.

Certassar
2011-May-10, 04:36 PM

Is that even legal according to the shadow proclamation?