PDA

View Full Version : Astronauts Cannot Keep Their Stories Straight

MaryB
2011-May-11, 05:46 PM
My friends and I recently learned that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin claimed to not be able to see stars from the surface of the moon. A few days later, my friend Patrick brought me a copy of the Apollo 17 debriefing report in which Gene Cernan claimed one could see stars from the lunar surface, even in the light when he was outside of the shadow and even with his visor down. This whole bloody thing is so incredibly fake and phony. How can we believe any of this if one astronaut says one thing and another says something completely different. JOKE!

Swift
2011-May-11, 05:56 PM
MaryB,

One of the pieces of advice to CT advocates is not to try to answer multiple topics at the same time, you will quickly get overwhelmed. But that is only a suggestion, not a rule. If you want to try to deal with two threads at the same time, have fun, but your responsibilities are not lessened by doing so.

LaurelHS
2011-May-11, 06:00 PM
Gene Cernan spent a much longer time on the Moon than Armstrong. Armstrong and Aldrin spent about two and a half hours walking on the Moon. Cernan and Schmitt had over 20 hours of EVA time. Maybe Cernan just had more time to notice things like stars. You should learn more about the individual Apollo missions; the astronauts may have all flown to the Moon, but that doesn't mean they all had identical experiences doing so.

Swift
2011-May-11, 06:01 PM
Now I'll ask you some questions as a participant...

Exactly how much of the US Space Program do you think is fake? Everything? Do you believe that no American ever went into space? How about the Russians or the Chinese? Are the Shuttle launches fake? Or are are only the moon landings fake? Or do you think that some people went to the moon, but not certain people like Alan Bean?

MaryB
2011-May-11, 06:38 PM
Swift, Apollo is fake with regard to the landings. Other Apollo stuff i do not know. With regard to the other programs, those preceding Apollo, most was real. The present US program mostly real. Russian programs I do not know. Chinese programs i do not know.

MaryB
2011-May-11, 06:40 PM
I am firm, Armstron was on the moon over 2 hours, Cernan much longer. If Cernan could see stars, Armstrong could too in those 2 hours. It is long enough. Both Armstrong and Cernan must be lying in the sense that neither has actually walked on the moon.

PetersCreek
2011-May-11, 06:41 PM
Swift, Apollo is fake with regard to the landings. Other Apollo stuff i do not know. With regard to the other programs, those preceding Apollo, most was real. The present US program mostly real. Russian programs I do not know. Chinese programs i do not know.

How do you reconcile your beliefs with the massive body of evidence that support the landings and other missions that you doubt?

LaurelHS
The purpose of Gemini was to develop and practice techniques that would be needed for Apollo (rendezvous, docking, long-duration flight, EVA and so on). If Apollo was faked, why did they need to have this program in the first place? Please explain.

BertL
I am firm, Armstron was on the moon over 2 hours, Cernan much longer. If Cernan could see stars, Armstrong could too in those 2 hours. It is long enough. Both Armstrong and Cernan must be lying in the sense that neither has actually walked on the moon.
Either that, or they had different experiences of a similar event. Ockham's razor tells me to go for the latter option.

Van Rijn
2011-May-11, 07:00 PM
I am firm, Armstron was on the moon over 2 hours, Cernan much longer.

And doesn't that suggest that Cernan had more time to look for stars? Cernan undoubtedly had more time than Armstrong, so could take time to actually look.

Seeing stars on the moon in the daytime is possible, but presents difficulties. The key issue is light adaptation, like you probably have had when walking into a darkened theater from bright daylight. If you are or have been looking at bright objects, it is hard to see dim ones. So, it doesn't surprise me at all that Armstrong, who had a very tight EVA schedule, didn't have time for trivial things like standing around looking for stars.

Garrison
2011-May-11, 07:01 PM
My friends and I recently learned that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin claimed to not be able to see stars from the surface of the moon. A few days later, my friend Patrick brought me a copy of the Apollo 17 debriefing report in which Gene Cernan claimed one could see stars from the lunar surface, even in the light when he was outside of the shadow and even with his visor down. This whole bloody thing is so incredibly fake and phony. How can we believe any of this if one astronaut says one thing and another says something completely different. JOKE!

Because they were in different missions, at different locations, at different times of the Lunar day? Oh and of course Apollo 17 was a longer duration mission than Apollo 11 so Gene Cernan had more time to experiment with viewing conditions. And of course neither of the Apollo 11 astronaut said it was impossible just that they didn't see any so there's no actual contradiction there.

Jason Thompson
2011-May-11, 07:14 PM
I went to London not long ago for a couple of hours and I did not see the Houses of Parliament. My friend went to London a week later for the day and did see them. Am I lying about going there, or did it just happen that i didn't look for the Houses of Parliament while I was there because I had other things to be doing in my short visit?

moog
2011-May-11, 07:52 PM

I fail to see the problem.
The very bright sunlit lunar surface would make seeing stars very difficult, if one astronaut made the effort to block as much light as possible and allowed his eyes to adapt to the dark he would have been able to see stars. If he had not made that effort then he would not have seen any stars.
Please explain why you think they 'must' have seen stars.

Swift
2011-May-11, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the answers.

More questions:

If the Apollo moon landings are fake, and the other programs are real (or, as you say "most was real"), why? Why were the landings faked, when you yourself say Mercury and Gemini are real and tested the types of system required to go to the moon?

How do you explain the overwhelming physical evidence that the landings happened, including such things as the laser reflectors left on the moon, the hundreds of pounds of rocks and other samples returned that have characteristics unlike samples from Earth (and have been tested by hundreds of scientists from around the world), the still and motion pictures from all the missions, and the physical tracking of the spacecraft as they traveled to and from the moon?

How many people do you think would be required to fake all of this? I assume that would be a large number (I'd like your estimate). Why, in over 40 years have none of them ever revealed this secret, for example, in a deathbed confession?

Yes, those are direct questions and I would like answers to all of them.

PetersCreek
2011-May-11, 11:25 PM
Lacking an OP (due to banishment) this thread is closed. If anyone wishes to take up the mantle of advocacy, report this post.