PDA

View Full Version : anyone else see the new Family Guy episode?

novaderrik
2011-May-23, 06:03 AM
it was called "Episode 6: IT'S A TRAP".. yes, it was Peter's telling of Return of the Jedi and had characters from all three of Seth Macfarland's series (Family Guy, American Dad, the Cleveland Show).. definitely the best of the three Star Wars specials.. it's worth watching just for the Endor moon speeder scene..
you can see a preview on Hulu.com -

Spoons
2011-May-23, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw that one a month or two back. Yeah, I liked that one most of all... is that the one with the Jabba scene with the sandworm? That had me and my mate in stitches.

Fazor
2011-May-26, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw that one a month or two back. Yeah, I liked that one most of all... is that the one with the Jabba scene with the sandworm? That had me and my mate in stitches.

I think it was new on Sunday (in the States), but I had thought I had seen that sandworm scene before as well. Now that I think about it, I think they showed like the first 5 or 10 minutes of the show as a teaser some time ago.

It was a pretty great episode, but I loved all three of them. It's fun because despite being slapstick parodies, they also are close enough to make you feel like you're watching the movies in condensed time.

captain swoop
2011-May-26, 05:56 PM
Stan from American Dad has been in Family Guy episodes a few times, Cleveland Show is a 'spin off' from Family Guy.

I have seen the other two Star Wars episodes but not the last one yet.

novaderrik
2011-May-27, 03:58 AM
Stan from American Dad has been in Family Guy episodes a few times, Cleveland Show is a 'spin off' from Family Guy.

I have seen the other two Star Wars episodes but not the last one yet.

Klause the fish from American Dad plays General Akbar in this one.. every line he says starts off with "IT'S A TRAP!"..

Glom
2011-May-27, 06:22 AM
It was definitely the best of the three. I thought the first one was good, the second one was mediocre, but this was very good.

It was helped by the hilarious bit when Luke tries to take Vader's mask off. I didn't get what was so funny about the speeder chase. Maybe the bikes were a reference to something. There was less of the movie buff guy, which is good because I never liked his character and was lamed out when they made him Yoda. There was also far less dependence on simply referencing something to make the joke like they do in Seltzerberg films.

novaderrik
2011-May-27, 06:56 AM
It was definitely the best of the three. I thought the first one was good, the second one was mediocre, but this was very good.

It was helped by the hilarious bit when Luke tries to take Vader's mask off. I didn't get what was so funny about the speeder chase. Maybe the bikes were a reference to something. There was less of the movie buff guy, which is good because I never liked his character and was lamed out when they made him Yoda. There was also far less dependence on simply referencing something to make the joke like they do in Seltzerberg films.

you don't get the speeder chase? come on- (spoiler) they were on old style 10 speed bikes, and they exploded when they crashed. it's so over the top stupid that it's just pure comedy gold..

Glom
2011-May-27, 10:07 PM
you don't get the speeder chase? come on- (spoiler) they were on old style 10 speed bikes, and they exploded when they crashed. it's so over the top stupid that it's just pure comedy gold..

Erm, nope not gettin' it. :confused: