PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Lewis

LunarOrbit
2002-May-01, 04:00 AM
Hi Phil,

I just thought I would let you know that Clyde Lewis mentioned you on his radio show on Friday night. I'm sure you couldn't care less about what Clyde says about you to his six listeners but I thought I should mention it.

He was talking about Bart Sibrel's "never before seen secret footage" from Apollo 11 and how he invited you to respond to the moon hoax theory last year but you declined. It was nothing really insulting, but it did sound like "Phil Plait is scared to talk about the moon hoax because he knows the landings were faked!".

I spent a lot of time in Clyde's forum (under the name KJJ1975) debunking the crap he talks about... until he banned me a few weeks ago. I suspect he only started talking about the moon hoax again to taunt me ("I'm going to talk about the moon hoax and there's nothing you can do about it! HAHA!")

BTW... I saw you on Tech TV the other day. It was a good show.

Kel Jones
http://www.thespacerace.com

Moonman
2002-May-01, 08:44 AM
-----------------------
Quote:
Bart Sibrel's "never before seen secret footage"
-----------------------

I'm new to this, what's this supposed to be?

Johnno
2002-May-01, 09:44 AM
Hey kelly, tried to mail ya, but got a unable to deliver message back...

Anyway, the 'unseen footage' is from A11 while theyre setting up for a live tv transmission, they wanted to make everything right so they discussed how things should be. Bart of course translated it into 'this is how theyre setting up to fake a transmissio'... etc.

LunarOrbit
2002-May-01, 03:27 PM
Hi Johnno,

My email address changed when @Home went bankrupt... I'll send you my new address.

Moonman:

Bart's secret footage is actually publicly available to anyone who asks NASA for it. Like Johnno said, it's just the astronauts preparing for a live TV transmission, setting up camera positions etc. Bart thinks this is proof that they were faking the mission when in reality they were just rehearsing for a TV broadcast that millions of people were going to see... I think I would want to rehearse too in that situation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LunarOrbit on 2002-05-01 11:33 ]</font>

Johnno
2002-May-01, 04:51 PM
If Clyde Lewis is bad, then what is Jack White?

LunarOrbit
2002-May-01, 05:09 PM
I should also point out that Bart's A11 footage has been edited (by him) and the narrator in his movie speaks over the entire footage. You can only hear what the astronauts are saying once or twice (whenever Bart thinks it will support his beliefs).

I love the fact that his initials are "**".

The Bad Astronomer
2002-May-01, 05:10 PM
Funny, I just mentioned Clyde in another thread here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif In essense I was scared to debate him, but not in the sense he means. I figured that I would not get a fair hearing, and to this day I still believe it. I listened to the program that evening when he had Sibrel on, and Lewis was biting that stuff off whole. I honestly think he wouldn't have supported me one bit, and would have actually attacked me. That's my opinion, but it's based on reading a good portion of his site and his own posts on his forum.

LunarOrbit
2002-May-01, 05:25 PM
I'm surprised that he even invited you in the first place. I have listened to his show (I don't know why) off and on for about a year now and I have never heard him provide both sides of an argument.

I'm not sure if he would have attacked you, but I think you made the right choice by not taking part in his show. Even though "Ground Zero" is three hours long I doubt he would have given you the time to express your opinion.

I obviously wasted my time debunking the moon hoax on his site because despite all the work I put into it he's STILL claiming the moon landings were faked.