PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? (If you saw an alien/ufo)

Slamoid
2004-May-30, 06:44 AM
My friend was walking at about 2:00 AM local time a while back and said he saw an alien in a window. He stopped and looked again, and he said it walked away. Thus, this thread is spawned.

Situation: About 1:00 AM you feel really lonely so, to pick your spirits and make you tired, you decide to go for a quick walk. Noone's awake on your block, it's all completely dead, and as you pass an alley, you see a small beer-can-shaped UFO on the ground with steam coming out vents on it's underside, with a tall, slim generic-looking 'green man' (Ya'know the type, long head, football-size/shaped eyes, black suit, small mouth, ect) just outside the door. It stops and looks right into your eyes, and you're scared stiff. I mean completely racked with fear. What would you do?

PS: Please be realistic... No "I'd run past him and jack his ride, then go take over a small 3rd world county" or "I'd ask him to give me an anal probe" or "do you know elvis?"... I mean, c'mon, have some dignity. :lol:

Candy
2004-May-30, 06:57 AM
I'd join the aliens (neither one of us feeling threatened toward one another). After having a few alien shaped tincan drinks, we would eventually walk back to a metal 'trailer' shaped UFO. While in the vessle, we would watch a program called 'Harry Stringer' on a square shaped tube. :lol: Sorry, my mind is a little fuzzy for some reason. :o

[edit for spelling]

ZappBrannigan
2004-May-30, 07:49 AM
None of these poll options really suit me. I'd like to say, "Welcome to Earth!" But unless this scenario is supposed to take place after I'm, say, 90, I would like to think I wouldn't involuntarilly urinate.

Unless, of course, through a human-alien psychic mind-meld, I instantly became aware that urination was a form of greeting in their culture. :oops:

PhantomWolf
2004-May-30, 09:17 AM
No, run the other way as fast as possible? That's my option. I guess afterwards I get laughed at by the kids and their halloween trick, but.....

glen chapman
2004-May-30, 10:39 AM
Is talking them to death an option.

If they are cool enough to fly interstella space...must have some really good astronomy programs to play with.

Then I'd need to know about their science fiction movies, then the books, then the TV series. Then the sport, how they get drunk. Hey all the really important stuff right.

Then I'd find out if they'd read Harry Potter...No? make a killing on the alien publishing rights

"Earthman we come in peace", is more likely to be. "Hey we are new in town, are the chicks easy?"

One Day More
2004-May-31, 07:24 AM
I would do one of the following:

1. Check the time-is it really so late my eyes are decieving me? :-?
2. Ring the local observatory club: "Hello, Dunedin Observatory? I have an enquiry about a meteroite that landed in my backyard. Yes, please come and see it!" 8-[
3. Say "Welcome to Earth! I hope you have reached the correct destination, we come in peace!" :lol:

paulie jay
2004-Jun-01, 04:13 AM
I had to say "other" - I just can't see it happening to me so I'll have to be facetious.

"Buy a lottery ticket - what's two miracles in one day?"

:)

kenneth rodman
2004-Jun-01, 05:29 AM
say hello and go from there. basically try to communicate. IF e was hostile i would be a goner im sure for id be betting on the fact that hes friendly.

StarStuff
2004-Jun-01, 05:48 AM
say hello and go from there. basically try to communicate. IF e was hostile i would be a goner im sure for id be betting on the fact that hes friendly.

Well, in a sense, we might as well assume - or hope, anyway - that he's (she's? it's?) friendly, since if it were hostile, we'd have no way of guessing what form that hostility would be expressed in, anyway - and very little chance of rebuttal, unless we were very lucky....

Though I get the feeling that if I were to run into an alien like that, I would probably run for dear life. :o

xbck1
2004-Jun-01, 06:25 AM
For me it would depend on what the alien looked like. If it was one of those pale stick-figure aliens with the huge black eyes, then I'd probably need a change of pants. If it was something that looked soft and squishy, I'd probably stand there and try to not anger it. If it was an Alien type of thing, I think I'd run. Barring all those, I'd try to communicate.

StarStuff
2004-Jun-01, 01:06 PM
a tall, slim generic-looking 'green man' (Ya'know the type, long head, football-size/shaped eyes, black suit, small mouth, ect) just outside the door. It stops and looks right into your eyes, and you're scared stiff.

For me it would depend on what the alien looked like. If it was one of those pale stick-figure aliens with the huge black eyes, then I'd probably need a change of pants. If it was something that looked soft and squishy, I'd probably stand there and try to not anger it. If it was an Alien type of thing, I think I'd run. Barring all those, I'd try to communicate.

I was imagining it looking like the description above (from the original post), hence my turn-and-run response. :o Considering that seems to fit the first of your examples, I imagine you'd be far from happy to see such an alien, too. :P

gethen
2004-Jun-01, 01:52 PM
You left out "Hide behind a tree and observe." I wouldn't do anything until I had a feeling for what the alien was up to.

Captain Kidd
2004-Jun-01, 02:20 PM
Yeah similar to what others have said. If I saw it and it didn't (appear) to see me, observe for a bit to assess the situation. Then run or attempt contact maybe. Barring that, say we both turned a corner and did a classic face first into each other, lose a bit of ballast and high tail it out of there.

As for what would I do afterwards, not a thing. Unless I just happened to be taking a walk with a CNN camera crew, a dozen of the most respected and reputable scientists/people or a combination of the two, there's no way I'd breath a word of it (and even with that line up I'd probably still keep my trap shut). If I had taken pictures, I'd keep them just for myself and not release them. Had he/she/it given me some sort of souvenir; then maybe I'd consider talked depending on how provably alien it is.

Iím not cynical, just prudent. ;)

logicboy
2004-Jun-01, 03:03 PM
I would probably wait and observe in plain sight until I got shot at by a ray gun hoping Aliens always miss on the first shot like they do in the movies.

If you did meet an Alien face to face and if he, she, or it appeared to be friendly and you had a urge to try and communicate.

What you say? Do?

Jpax2003
2004-Jun-02, 08:36 AM
I'd be all like, whassup man? What brings you all the way to earth? You got, like, a breakdown or sumptin? Need a lift, I got a car around back. I can take ya to the gas station, but I ain't got no cash, an' I don't think they take Galactic Express. And the mechanic, he ain't there 'til mornin'... So yo, whatchu doin? Ya peepin in windows? Hey man, that ain't cool, she's my cousin. Hey no, not that window, neither, that's my other cousin. I know I got broke cars on my property, but they's mine, I got no need for some broke down ol'e POS spaceship on my backdoor. Jus' tip it up an' roll it on down that road. Go on, git, before I git ol'e Bessie Two Barrel. Now scram!