PDA

View Full Version : Which Star Wars world would you rather live on?

Buttercup
2011-Jun-14, 01:50 PM
And why?? :)

I live on Coruscant because it's beautiful, endlessly interesting and busy. The clouds at sunrise and sunset are spectacular! We have nice amounts of rain and coolness. Occasionally it gets a bit *too* dramatic and dangerous around here, but I deal with it.

Naboo would be my 2nd choice of SW worlds; it's very beautiful too. I'd like to have a vacation home there; to "get away from it all" and enjoy its lush and green hills and countryside.

danscope
2011-Jun-14, 03:34 PM
That's a beautifull picture of Coruscant . Looks like a really nice place for a party. :)

emmylou
2011-Jun-14, 06:49 PM
Naboo sounds like my perfect place to live, can imagine spending hours in the countryside laying on the grass staring at the sky not a care in the world :)

Swift
2011-Jun-14, 07:25 PM
Hey, even if you only count planets actually seen in any of the movies, there were a lot more. Alderaan seemed lovely until it was blown-up. My avatar would really like Dagobah. Hoth is good for those of us who like cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The second moon of Endor reminded me of the Pacific Northwest of the US (well... except for the Stormtroopers). And Tatooine is perfect for those allergic to pollen (or moisture).

Buttercup
2011-Jun-14, 07:42 PM
Alderaan seemed lovely until it was blown-up.

Yeah. :(

The second moon of Endor reminded me of the Pacific Northwest of the US (well... except for the Stormtroopers).

You don't like Stormtroopers? :confused: :p

In real life I live on Tatooine. And currently it feels like we do have 2 suns! :(

Noclevername
2011-Jun-14, 08:00 PM
Coruscant is too crowded for my tastes. Tatooine is too hot and dusty, not to mention the Sandpeople attacking. Hoth is too cold. Naboo is just right. My second choice would be Endor, as long as the Ewoks have stopped cooking people.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jun-14, 08:04 PM
My second choice would be Endor, as long as the Ewoks have stopped cooking people.
I expect they taste very nice with some garlic.

ciderman
2011-Jun-14, 10:01 PM
Would garlic cooked Ewok be refered to as short pig?

Corusant definately too busy for my likeing.

Endor (apparently 2nd moon of, seems a widely used reference to habital 2nd moon) appears most pleasant, but I'm not sure about the locals.

Nabor looks nice I agree, but the possibility of actually meeting Jar Jar, plus the decidely dodgy tectonics which seem inherent there, put me off.

Dagobah really interests me because of the richness of biological diversity, but living in it could be difficult, with critters and molds and roots and mycelium and stuff pushing in all the time.

Tatooine has great landscapes, and two suns, which shouldn't be too disruptive if they are a close binary to the day/night cycle, but would give some great lighting. The Sand people are of course easily startled... quite liking desert landscapes I'd enjoy zipping about one in a landspeeder.
There's always Mos Eisley if you feel the need for letting off steam.

Garrison
2011-Jun-14, 10:28 PM
Any of them except Alderaan...

KaiYeves
2011-Jun-15, 12:52 AM
Alderaan looked very nice before it was destroyed, but out of currently-existing worlds, I'd go with Naboo.

Coruscant is exciting, I'll admit, I was there on business a while ago, but the traffic was heck.

Chuck
2011-Jun-15, 01:22 AM
The planet that the Death Star has to maneuver around before targeting the rebel base. Obviously they have no interest in blowing it up.

ravens_cry
2011-Jun-15, 01:22 AM
Corsucant sounds exciting, but I have little experience living in big cities, let alone ones that literally cover planets, so I probably would die to some alien mugger within a week. Naboo may have Bigger Fish, but it has a lovely architecture and climate.

Bean Counter
2011-Jun-15, 08:02 PM
I think you are all forgetting Yavin 4. Nice, lush, moon obiting a beautiful gas giant. Ancient temples refit with all the amenities: water, electric, sewer, guard towers and starship hanger. Recently vacated and ready to move in. It would be your 'get away from it all' locale.

Buttercup
2011-Jun-15, 08:05 PM
I think you are all forgetting Yavin 4. Nice, lush, moon obiting a beautiful gas giant. Ancient temples refit with all the amenities: water, electric, sewer, guard towers and starship hanger. Recently vacated and ready to move in. It would be your 'get away from it all' locale.

Mmmmm! :) I'll have to check into a timeshare apartment there.

captain swoop
2011-Jun-17, 08:33 AM
As we are talkin about complete worlds why not just live on any and move to the bit with the climate you like?

Van Rijn
2011-Jun-17, 08:48 AM
I think there's a rule in the Star Wars universe that there is one climate per planet. Of course, it isn't the only SF universe like that.

jokergirl
2011-Jun-17, 10:18 AM
Well... I have to vote Naboo for the main reason that I would be terribly bored of single-climate (or cityscape) planets.
Not sure I'd be interested in the politics of the natives, though, of either race.

;)

Delvo
2011-Jun-18, 02:50 AM
As we are talkin about complete worlds why not just live on any and move to the bit with the climate you like?A lot of them wouldn't have one... and not just because of the "single-environment" idea, but because even if a planet has a variety of environments, it still doesn't include the right one.

novaderrik
2011-Jun-19, 06:51 AM
i'll take the forest moon of Endor after the death star debris wiped out all the walking teddy bears.

vonmazur
2011-Jun-19, 06:36 PM
Alderan? I thought is was called "Maxfield Parrish"....

Dale

ravens_cry
2011-Jun-19, 06:50 PM
i'll take the forest moon of Endor after the death star debris wiped out all the walking teddy bears.
Trouble is ,that would also wipe out the forests in the process. If you want deserts, Tatooine has them in abundance.

George
2011-Jun-19, 07:01 PM
The fishin' is best on Naboo.

Paul Wally
2011-Jun-19, 07:07 PM
For those who like to stay indoors and surf the web without any distractions I suggest Bespin (Cloud City) and that ocean world with the long necked aliens with the cloning technology.

KaiYeves
2011-Jun-20, 12:49 AM
and that ocean world with the long necked aliens with the cloning technology.

Kamino.

Van Rijn
2011-Jun-20, 01:17 AM
The fishin' is best on Naboo.

Gungan fillet with a bit of lemon?

Buttercup
2011-Jun-20, 01:49 AM
...and that ocean world with the long necked aliens with the cloning technology.

I'd love to be there right now, standing out on a landing paddock in the POURING RAIN! :D Watching the fantastic lightning displays, listening to the peals of thunder, relishing the cool wet wind through my hair. *sigh of pleasure*

George
2011-Jun-20, 03:49 PM
Gungan fillet with a bit of lemon? Interesting, I had not considered eating the bait.

KaiYeves
2011-Jun-20, 11:00 PM
I'd love to be there right now, standing out on a landing paddock in the POURING RAIN! :D Watching the fantastic lightning displays, listening to the peals of thunder, relishing the cool wet wind through my hair. *sigh of pleasure*
There are so many lovely places in this Galaxy of ours, aren't there?

ravens_cry
2011-Jun-20, 11:53 PM
There are so many lovely places in this Galaxy of ours, aren't there?

Yes, yes there is, but that one is far, far, away.

KaiYeves
2011-Jun-22, 01:07 AM
Yes, yes there is, but that one is far, far, away.
I was writing from an "in-universe" perspective.

Romanus
2011-Jun-26, 04:11 PM
The one without either Jedi or Sith. No offense.

marsbug
2011-Jun-26, 05:41 PM
One where force use has been subjected to detailed scientific analysis, and its benefits and limitations are well known to the general population. And has two moons and mild weather spring to autumn but at least a foot of snow during winter.

Githyanki
2011-Jul-04, 10:06 PM
Dagobah reminds me of Cabonfibberous-Earth, 300MYA. Tattoine could have been Permian-Earth 250MYA and Hoth could have been snow-ball-Earth 600MYA.

If I lived anywhere, it would have to be Endor. I have found memories of it from the TV spin shows about it. Though, Death-Star wreckage would be a problem. About half of a space-station the size of Ceres raining down on the moon; Endor is probably experiencing something like the KT-impact with massive fires and the sky blocked out from the sun from all the ash; I bet the Rebel Alliance didn't take the environmental effects of that when they planned that attack!!!

novaderrik
2011-Jul-05, 10:51 PM
Dagobah reminds me of Cabonfibberous-Earth, 300MYA. Tattoine could have been Permian-Earth 250MYA and Hoth could have been snow-ball-Earth 600MYA.

If I lived anywhere, it would have to be Endor. I have found memories of it from the TV spin shows about it. Though, Death-Star wreckage would be a problem. About half of a space-station the size of Ceres raining down on the moon; Endor is probably experiencing something like the KT-impact with massive fires and the sky blocked out from the sun from all the ash; I bet the Rebel Alliance didn't take the environmental effects of that when they planned that attack!!!

in a galaxy with billions of inhabited worlds, the loss of a single inhabited moon would barely make the news. even if the local wildlife did help destroy the Death Star..