PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Bloke-Dr. Gartrell

bmpbmp
2004-Jun-02, 12:13 PM
Anyone know anything about this guy. He is supposed to be some astronomer from Australia claiming that starting June 8th till the end of June there will be 3 asteroid impacts.

Here is one of the many links about him and his posts he is all over godlike and many other boards.

What do you all think about this.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?page=1&topic=3&message=333243&mpage=1& showdate=6/2/04&PHPSESSID=4bb2864d274ad3269b8e45883b79a5ff

bmpbmp
2004-Jun-02, 12:20 PM
Here is his so called impact map

http://www.svgblocks.com/3-imp.html

Essan
2004-Jun-02, 12:37 PM
Here is his so called impact map

http://www.svgblocks.com/3-imp.html

Ah yes, that's where the 3 mysterious asteroids, hidden by a dust cloud, and approaching from the "S Pole", are going to impact: in 2 cases in the N hemisphere.....

rigel
2004-Jun-02, 01:28 PM
And of course there is precise impact site data with a impact time of plus or minus a day or two.

Drakheim
2004-Jun-02, 01:35 PM
Anyone know anything about this guy. He is supposed to be some astronomer from Australia claiming that starting June 8th till the end of June there will be 3 asteroid impacts.

Here is one of the many links about him and his posts he is all over godlike and many other boards.

What do you all think about this.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/bbs/message.php?page=1&topic=3&message=333243&mpage=1& showdate=6/2/04&PHPSESSID=4bb2864d274ad3269b8e45883b79a5ff

Though it cannot be confirmed, there is a strong feeling that this person who refers to himself as Aussie Bloke is in fact, Nancy.

He follows her same pattern of writing, and posting. (The original one that is)

He showed up, stated a bunch of unconfirmed and unverifiable information then, refused to answer any questions and eventually vanished without a trace.

BAroxMysox
2004-Jun-02, 08:30 PM
That actually wouldn't surprise me to find out it was Nancy, as AB also claims his objects are shrouded in magic invisibility dust just as Planet X is.

ToSeek
2004-Jun-02, 08:33 PM
Does this mean Nancy has a new hobby (or a new version of an old one)? Hard to believe she'd shift message after going with the PX one for so long.

crux
2004-Jun-02, 09:28 PM
oh come on guys - you are supposed to be a more "scientific" forum...
:o

Can you please explain what it is that causes you to disregard this information? Relying on old Nancy in cases like this is just not going to cut it forever... besides - Zetatalk is/was a BlackOps project anyway- IMHO.

Has anyone here seriously looked into any of these claims yet? Has anyone with a telescope tried to see these incoming objects? That is what I would like to know... that is why I read and post here from time to time - to get more info on a subject - not for people to dismiss it out right and just expect me to believe that it is all **.... Help me out here scientists. I am sure that there are many readers who would be interested in learning that the end of the world as we know it is not this month!

I don't have a t'scope and my astronomy education is woefully lacking - ending in the 6th grade earth science I think... Give this girl a break - I would like (no love) to see some investigation that proves this is bogus.

thanks

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 09:43 PM
:roll:

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 09:48 PM
Take a telescope and look for what? He hasn't given coordinates. The "map" he drew covers an area that's 1h wide by 10 degrees tall. Sure, someone down below could spend (a lot) of time looking for this, but it'll be hard to find much of anything in that spot.

By the way, the little "blowup" in the graphic looks more like an open cluster than a comet, and the stars in it don't match anything in the area he's cited. There's also nothing in my minor planet/comet db for that area. Simply put, looking for a presumably dim object in such a vast area is not feasible.

Besides, as mentioned above, how can 2/3 of these things hit the northern hemisphere? Do they zoom past earth, put on the brakes, pull a u-turn and then smash into the eastern seaboard?

If he wants to claim something's going to smash into the earth in a week, that's fine. But he needs to back it up with more than giant chunks of the sky as coordinates. Proper RA/Dec, please, and someone will look.

Drakheim
2004-Jun-02, 09:51 PM
Has anyone here seriously looked into any of these claims yet? Has anyone with a telescope tried to see these incoming objects?

Well for one it is kind of hard to see an asteroid unless you know right where to look and usually it involves a rather powerful telescope.

The science of three asteroids on a course towards the Earth's south pole impacting the northern hemisphere is also... Well, laughable.

The odds of that happening are extremely slim.

Not to mention that according to the original AB poster on GLP, you cannot see the asteroids because a dust cloud shrouds them. (Do not get me started on that one.) :evil:

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 09:54 PM
Not to mention that according to the original AB poster on GLP, you cannot see the asteroids because a dust cloud shrouds them. (Do not get me started on that one.) :evil:

But it's true! Take comets, for instance. You can't see the comet because the dust and gas shroud it completely.

The visibility of the dust and gas itself, however, is another story :D

crux
2004-Jun-02, 09:57 PM
Well for one it is kind of hard to see an asteroid unless you know right where to look and usually it involves a rather powerful telescope.

The science of three asteroids on a course towards the Earth's south pole impacting the northern hemisphere is also... Well, laughable.

The odds of that happening are extremely slim.

So Drakheim, the deal is that no one can see asteroids unless they have a powerful scope (as apparently this guy if he is who they think) does.

No one, without equal access to such telescopes, can say this is true or not? and because it never happened before in recorded history means that the odds are slim? Do I have this situation correct?

I really just want to understand...

Wolverine
2004-Jun-02, 09:59 PM
How many threads do we need about this non-event??

This is at least the fifth or sixth on the subject...

crux: Yes, I have looked into these claims thoroughly. They're ridiculous because whoever has presented them has painfully little, if any understanding of astronomy.

This person claimed that the Crab Nebula's shockwave/debris cloud (back when the star went supernova) has "stirred up the Oort Cloud" and as a result has sent "lots of debris" toward the inner solar system.

This is not possible -- for several reasons -- but the easiest way to understand it is due to the distance involved. We have all the observational evidence to realize it would take over two million years for any such debris to reach our neighborhood it even could (IIRC, our relative positions in the galaxy negate this anyway). The supernova was observed some 950 years ago here on Earth, and is at least 6,300 LY away from us. It's a bogus claim, and one which I've already elaborated upon both here and elsewhere.

This person's claims also rely upon government conspiracy theories, and "end times" religious spiel to sway the reader, instead of providing evidence of the alleged objects' existence.

There is no evidence of any such "dark dust cloud" anywhere near us (especially since the alleged arrival dates for these objects are within this month). Even if there were some such thing, it could not conceal huge objects coming to impact the Earth -- visible light comprises a mere fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum, we'd be able to see through such a "cloud" using a variety of other wavelengths and spectra.

This person has provided no co-ordinates to be able to observe any such objects -- how are we supposed to look for them? What we've been provided with is the equivalent to "oh, they're over there somewhere".

How were the objects ever observed to begin with if they're obscured in some form of alleged cloud, let alone long enough for this person to allegedly calculate their trajectories and/or impact sites?

It's preposterous on a number of levels, engineered to be specifically vague, plugs the gaping holes in the story with cries of conspiracy and/or "plans for salvation", and the list goes on and on.

In a nutshell, there is simply no evidence demonstrating any of these claims correct. I have no idea who's behind these ridiculous claims, and quite frankly I don't care. They do not withstand the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Drakheim
2004-Jun-02, 10:00 PM
But it's true! Take comets, for instance. You can't see the comet because the dust and gas shroud it completely.

The visibility of the dust and gas itself, however, is another story :D

MY POINT EXACTLY!! =D> =D>

Anything that is of doomsworthy size near Earth would be visible. Nothing has been found.

Nothing can be seen.

It is nothing more than the newest in a long line of old and tired dooms day theories.

The ONLY known potential impacter has less than .01% chance of impacting Earth on its current orbit.

There is nothing else on the NEO threat chart that is anything other than gray.

Wolverine
2004-Jun-02, 10:06 PM
Forgot to add:

If this person had PhD level (or better) credentials, they never would have made such a ridiculous sequence of errors to begin with, regardless of the fact that I'd be extremely skeptical of them authoring some sort of doomsday theory anyway.

If there were any such observation by a legitimate astronomer, the findings would be shared with the community, as William Bradfield did just back in April -- and oddly enough, from the Southern Hemisphere, with a home-made telescope, observing a small comet.

It's all silly. Let it go.

crux
2004-Jun-02, 10:08 PM
Drakheim thank you for taking the time to explain some of this to me.

Is it really so simple though? Someone close to me really believes this and in my gut I do not feel that this is what is going to happen. I think something is going to happen soon -- this summer but it is not going to be this... (not a "natural" physical catastrophe - maybe alien disclosure or something that changes the way people think globally)... i don't know maybe it will just be Bush + buddies will get busted for their evil deeds...

It's all silly. Let it go.

Might one speculate that the "community" might be under orders not to tell the common folk? What would the world do in the face of such a horror... certainly not go to work like their future dreams depend upon them being a "success".

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 10:14 PM
No insult intended to you are bmp, but gut feelings? Comeon! :roll:

Ut
2004-Jun-02, 10:14 PM
Drakheim thank you for taking the time to explain some of this to me.

Is it really so simple though? Someone close to me really believes this and in my gut I do not feel that this is what is going to happen. I think something is going to happen soon -- this summer but it is not going to be this.

Simple as what? Simple as "We can't see what's not there."? Or simple as "If it was shrouded in dust, it would light up the night sky."? Because both are essentially, and simply, true.

If there were three comets heading for Earth, from the south or not, people would be able to see them. And if we can't see them, then how do the doomcriers know about them? What's their source?

Their carpet?

You've peaked my interest though. Why does your gut say this isn't going to happen? And what does it say will happen?

Might one speculate that the "community" might be under orders not to tell the common folk? What would the world do in the face of such a horror... certainly not go to work like their future dreams depend upon them being a "success".

If we're all going to die anyway, why bother with work? Live life a little.

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 10:15 PM
Zetatalk is a blackops program? Is there really anything that one can say about that hypothesis? No, not really, it is pretty absurd.

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 10:17 PM
Yup. Astronomy is an open field of professionals and amateurs. Data is shared and peer evaluated. It's how it works.

If you're worried about Very Bad Things (tm) happening to you, you can forget about comets and asteroids. Imagine the odds of winning the lottery every day for a week to get the idea of how unlikely dieing by asteroid impact is. If I were you I'd worry about a car crash, which is much, much, much more likely.

That feeling in your stomach is probably caused by worrying too much. ESP premonition just plain old doesn't work.

crux
2004-Jun-02, 10:26 PM
you do not get it guys - I am saying that my gut DOESN'T feel like this is going to happen. (sorry if listening to my intuition is not scientific - That is why I am here asking about this Aussie Bloke stuff!)

and yes i think Zetatalk is/was a very clever PsyOps... but hey, that is just me.

ps, I am not worried about very bad things (VBTs)happening to me - I am ready to go right now. It is living with someone who is worried about these VBTs (TM) that is making me nuts!

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 10:28 PM
I am saying that my gut DOESN'T feel like this is going to happen.

Saw that, but I was responding to your premonition that something was going to happen this summer.

Ut
2004-Jun-02, 10:28 PM
I'm not really sure what's so clever about 9 years worth of mindless jibberish and pictures of beach balls, kites, and lens flares. Have you actually read it? It's the leading cause of migranes world wide...

Wolverine
2004-Jun-02, 10:30 PM

crux: under orders from whom?

The variety of projects which exist to detect and monitor asteroids, comets, etc, are all available to the public -- you can look at all the collected data, orbital diagrams, everything pertinent to every object that's in the database, at sites like NASA's NEO project page (http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/).

Further, if there were some huge objects headed for Earth, which would arrive in a matter of days or weeks, they wouldn't only be visible to pros, they'd be visible to amateurs. There would be no hiding it.

There is no secret governmental cabal pulling the strings of astronomers, as The BA himself has mentioned numerous times. Astronomers cannot be silenced, and the very thought of attempting to do so is silly.

When William Bradfield discovered his most recent comet back in April, he receives not only the noteriety of the comet bearing his namesake, but he's also in the running for a share of money from the Edgar Wilson award, which pays cash prize(s) to amateur comet hunters for discoveries.

There is simply no evidence of any sort of "cover-up" throughout this and other conspiracy theories. It's a lame excuse for not presenting data to support the claim(s).

crux
2004-Jun-02, 10:30 PM
JustAGuy, the more I think about it (the FEELING -lol) - the more I think it will just be the Bush Admin going down in a media feeding frenzy...

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 10:32 PM
JustAGuy, the more I think about it (the FEELING -lol) - the more I think it will just be the Bush Admin going down in a media feeding frenzy...

Well, it doesn't take ESP to predict the US going a bit nuts in an election year. :)

crux
2004-Jun-02, 10:36 PM
Astronomers cannot be silenced, and the very thought of attempting to do so is silly.

didn't a gondola of them (Astronomers) die in a terrible accident a few years back - in the Alps or somewhere? trying to remember...

JustAGuy, Lotusland = Vancouver?

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 10:38 PM
I am saying that my gut DOESN'T feel like this is going to happen.

Saw that, but I was responding to your premonition that something was going to happen this summer.

ditto

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 10:39 PM
Astronomers cannot be silenced, and the very thought of attempting to do so is silly.

didn't a gondola of them (Astronomers) die in a terrible accident a few years back - in the Alps or somewhere? trying to remember...

Let us know when you remember... :roll:

crux
2004-Jun-02, 10:42 PM
Musashi

You are kind-of fun, ya know?

maybe it was Microbiologists! LOL

Wolverine
2004-Jun-02, 10:42 PM

There are 200,000 to 300,000 amateur astronomers in the United States alone. That's a lot of gondola accidents.

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 10:46 PM
Musashi

You are kind-of fun, ya know?

maybe it was Microbiologists! LOL

Human being, is that you?

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 10:48 PM
JustAGuy, Lotusland = Vancouver?

Did my long/lat give it away?

crux
2004-Jun-02, 10:49 PM
:wink:
HumanBeing... nope.

A Human Being though....

JustAGuy - naw - was reading up on BC the the other day.... would like to visit... thinking of taking a vacation when the world does not end this month... maybe in August.

Musashi
2004-Jun-02, 10:50 PM
Thank God. We have had enough sock puppets recently to last us a while. And, Human Being was particularly trollish, which you do not seem to be. It was a long shot, and one I am glad missed.

JustAGuy
2004-Jun-02, 10:56 PM
JustAGuy - naw - was reading up on BC the the other day.... would like to visit... thinking of taking a vacation when the world does not end this month... maybe in August.

Well, if I were to visit here, I'd pick August, too. The weather is at its best, and there's lots to do.

[Edit: Or, rather, if I had to pick just one month here, it'd be August. But I couldn't pick just one ;) ]

xmechna
2004-Jun-03, 10:09 AM
hi im new to this wonderfull place. a week orso back i saw somthing on this aussie bloke guy. im thinking his dates have changed or somthin anyways i found some more linkage

http://www.bushcountry.org/news/may_news_pages/g_051604_assiebloke_end_world.htm

on his favorite pastime of trying to cause panic as i read over this topic i agree with the other poster about it being hard living with a person who thinks the end of the world is this month on this link he claims it will be june 18-30th

ps :this msg was cross posted with another on the planet x forum
i thaught there was only one thread on this charicter turns out theres 2

disclamer i know i have bad spelling and poor grammer dont bother commenting on it

WolfKC
2004-Jun-03, 01:43 PM
I think I found a picture of Aussi Bloke.

http://www.chipman.org/starhoax/ab.jpg

Drakheim
2004-Jun-03, 01:53 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/zarflat/24.gif

QuagmaPhage
2004-Jun-03, 06:26 PM

Cable car crash kills 20 (http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9907/01/france.cable.car.04/).

xmechna
2004-Jun-04, 07:05 AM
Introducing the Debunk.
-----------------
You are all to be commended for your exemplary performance these past several weeks. Your unwitting participation in BLIND SKIES has proven most informative, and quite frankly entertaining to many project members. To say that it got out of hand would be an exercise in understatement. We picked GLP precisely because it was out of the way, off the beaten path of usual internet surfers. It suited our needs perfectly. Unmoderated. Anonymous posting. We couldn´t have asked for a better testbed unless we had built it ourselves.

Rest assured, Elaine is in no way part of this. She is/was as unaware of the true nature of our experiment as the rest of you.

Our initial hypothesis was straightforward enough: Given the barest minimum of verifiable evidence, ordinary citizens of average to above-average intelligence could be duped into wholesale belief in a catastrophe scenario, provided there was ample corroboration from equally ambiguous, non-credible sources.

We never anticipated the myth spreading beyond the confines of GLP. When the conservative website, Bushcountry, picked up the story, we realized that our initial models had failed miserably to account for the ´word-of-mouth´ potential inherent in the internet. At most, we thought perhaps a few other fringe sites might get on board, but it´s obvious to us now that it´s only a matter of time before a mainstream media outlet syndicates this content, at which point the story will explode into something far beyond our ability to control.

In fact, it may already be there.

We should have spoken up sooner. This all moved so quickly, we just weren´t prepared to adapt to the monster we had unleashed.

For our own protection, because it´s becoming abundantly clear that civil/criminal litigation may result from this experiment, we cannot and will not identify ourselves, nor will we reveal any details that might readily be traced to us. We´re confident that using IP logs will prove frustrating for you, at best.

Because of the overwhelming success of this project, we will not be apologizing. You all behaved exactly as we had predicted, falling into 2 camps on either side of the issue. The believers held fast to every scrap of datum, whether it was credible or not. The non-believers grew frustrated and angry as their attempts to apply logic and reason were ignored. Anger and dissent grew and grew, and ultimately the entire story devolved into an unintelligible mass of contradictory assertions and accusations. We are acutely aware that even our own admission in this forum will be viewed as yet more hoax material, albeit more cleverly crafted and well-thought out than standard fare for these pages.

BLIND SKIES began with an idea. The now-legendary SNOWBALL INTERCEPT provided the impetus we had been looking for, the final piece of a puzzle that had been confounding us for the past 14 months. It was the perfect backstory for a disaster scenario that would be easily accepted. Few people have any real knowledge of astronomy. Fewer still know much about the socio-political environment that modern astronomers operate within, and when one of our members suggested using an invented Australian astronomer to further muddy the waters, we knew it was time to release.

To be honest, we have no knowledge of the validity and/or credibility of the so-called SNOWBALL INTERCEPT. We have no affiliation with it whatsoever. We only used its existence to further our agenda. That current world events have proceeded in such a way as to lend perceived credibility to our fiction is by no means our fault. Many of you fail to appreciate the power of coincidence. While we had anticipated that at least some activity in current events would affect the outcome of the project, we never expected nor modelled the possibility of so many "dots", as some of you have called them, coming together around our story.

We planted the seeds with NOTED & WARNED. Just enough credibility to whet your appetites. We did hire an astronomer to assist us with the final stages of BLIND SKIES, so that we could craft messages containing sufficient truth to warrant further investigation. Following up with AUSSIE BLOKE, we added fuel to the fire in the form of a fictional, curmudgeonly astronomer whose conscience had finally moved him to reveal the details of an impending catastrophe to a select group of forum visitors on an obscure website.

Some of you saw through the veil. Some of you, even after reading this, will continue to insist upon the reality of ´AB´. While we predicted that some people would continue to believe even beyond the scope of the project, we did not anticipate the enormous numbers involved. Because so many people remain convinced (and will continue to remain convinced, even after reading this), we elected to release this message as a means of covering our collective behinds from whatever legal fallout remains ahead of us.

We´ve told you it´s not real. We´ve provided you a credible, logical explanation as to why it isn´t real and given you some insight as to what its true purpose was. In our eyes, we have absolved ourselves of at least some of the guilt that is surely to be laid at our feet in the coming days and weeks.

AUSSIE BLOKE has taken on a life of his own here. Our last use of him was the ´vacation´ message. Similarly, NOTED & WARNED has not been used by us for several weeks, and yet forum messages continue to appear, ostensibly implying that they are from these purely fictional characters.

Many of you picked up on the PLANET X elements in our story, and that was intended, as well. There are already many believers in this (we are not among them), and they provided a reliable base group that we could reasonably expect to buy into our story relatively early on.

BLIND SKIES is not, as many have claimed, a ´PSY OP´. Although we have an affiliation with the government, our mandate was not intended to be any sort of disinformation campaign, mass brainwashing, or subliminal manipulation. We conducted a serious experiment to study the panic reflexes of a virtual community, and quite frankly the experiment ran away from us. AUSSIE BLOKE has now become our Frankenstein´s Monster.

We applaud the efforts of so many of you to find the ´facts´ behind the fiction. We were impressed by the fact that many people realized their lack of astronomical knowledge, and sought to follow AB´s advice and LOOK TO THE SKIES, and INVESTIGATE FOR YOURSELVES! We cannot say that we aren´t pleased with our role in inspiring a new renaissance in the field of astronomy.

Near Earth Objects are a threat to our planet, and someday perhaps there will be a scenario that closely matches what we created for BLIND SKIES. However, that day is not today.

We will continue to monitor these forums, along with many others, and we will continue to collect the data regarding your responses. Even the release of this message was factored into the experiment, however as we have already stated, we never anticipated releasing it to such a broad audience.

One interesting result that we had not considered was the various religous and prophetic threads that have spawned as a result of our experiment. One project member commented that it was encouraging to see that faith is not dead in the world.

And so, to you believers, I say be careful in what, and in whom, you place your faith and your trust. And, to you non-believers I say, continue to keep up the fight for truth and reason, because you are logic´s last line of defense.

With regards,

The Monitors

http://www.tazoon.com/releaseForums/tm.asp?m=283819&mpage=6

Wolverine
2004-Jun-04, 07:28 AM
Oh boy. Another unverifiable, vague post claiming all sorts of things, namely all this was "an experiment".

Riiiiiight. :roll:

That's no different from the doomsday claims. [-(

IIRC it had been posted on GLP first but got deleted.

Maksutov
2004-Jun-04, 08:39 AM
oh come on guys - you are supposed to be a more "scientific" forum...

Can you please explain what it is that causes you to disregard this information? Relying on old Nancy in cases like this is just not going to cut it forever... besides - Zetatalk is/was a BlackOps project anyway- IMHO.

Has anyone here seriously looked into any of these claims yet? Has anyone with a telescope tried to see these incoming objects? That is what I would like to know... that is why I read and post here from time to time - to get more info on a subject - not for people to dismiss it out right and just expect me to believe that it is all **.... Help me out here scientists. I am sure that there are many readers who would be interested in learning that the end of the world as we know it is not this month!

I don't have a t'scope and my astronomy education is woefully lacking - ending in the 6th grade earth science I think... Give this girl a break - I would like (no love) to see some investigation that proves this is bogus.

thanks

crux,

Relax.

Based on my career (I've held every security clearance there is to be held, etc., and that's all I'm going to say about that), you might say I'm a member of the "community" and am in a position to say re what the conspiracy folks claim, there is no "community" or "ZetaTalk BlackOps project" per se.

There are no Earth-destroying "in comings".

In addition to professional astronomers, amateur astronomers can see asteroids too. Amateur astronomers are responsible for most comet discoveries. There's no "V-Chip" censoring the night skies.

If there were three cases of "incomings" that could already be determined per their orbital tracks to pose a threat to Earth and were days away, they'd have already been sighted. They could be seen by you if you decided to spend about $1000 on an average piece of amateur telescopic equipment.

Think about this: from the southern countries of South America, Africa, and all of Australia and New Zealand, it is possible to see all of the southern celestial sky. There is no need to go to the South Pole to do so. Therefore any report claiming astronomers are going to the South Pole to see something they can't see from somewhere else, are bogus, and indicate a basic lack of knowledge of observational astronomy by the story's authors.

Then translate that bogus characterization to their general assertions about astronomical events.

None are correct.

Feel free to mention this to your friend.

:)

xmechna
2004-Jun-04, 10:04 AM
this just became my favorite forum

on the internet its hard to find sain people

most the time i find people pretending to be sain

any ways 1 cool place

on topic what gives aussie more merit than the moniters?

personaly i think none of this bull will come true about the asteroids

if it where realy true about the people who call them selfs the moniters
i think i would want to hunt them down tie them to trees and beat them with a 20lb mace.

trying to cause panic could lead to loss of lives im thinking as i type this howmany people where sucked into this howmany may have put a gun to there head an pull the trigger thinking that the world was going to end
and didnt want to live to see it?

moreso homany panic an turn a gun or knife and tried to put famly members out of there misery thinking it may have ben mercifulll to do so?

i would hope non if this stuff hapens but take a look at planetx loonytoons
and see how easy it is to get a person to suscribe to a arguement that is plane **

disclamer: i know my grammer is bad and my spelling is poor no need to comment

jt-3d
2004-Jun-04, 10:05 AM
Amazing 'experiment' revealed...zzz

Uh, so? I uh don't get it. You found out that some people will believe anything? You found out that a sucker is born every minute? These things are hardly news but your attempt at demonstrating your great intellect has failed on this board. Perhaps you have this one mixed up with some other board you troll...uh, read. Those bookmarks can get confusing. SO um, anyway, thanks for stopping by and uh whatever.

xmechna
2004-Jun-04, 10:16 AM
Amazing 'experiment' revealed...zzz

Uh, so? I uh don't get it. You found out that some people will believe anything? You found out that a sucker is born every minute? These things are hardly news but your attempt at demonstrating your great intellect has failed on this board. Perhaps you have this one mixed up with some other board you troll...uh, read. Those bookmarks can get confusing. SO um, anyway, thanks for stopping by and uh whatever.

some people are borne to flame
some people respond too quick

anyways hello to you too

jt-3d
2004-Jun-04, 10:23 AM
FYI, I was typing up my eloquent prose whilst you were getting that other thing ready. I'd hardly call it a flame at any rate. Assuming you are on the up and up, where do you get off pulling any of this hoax garbage anyway? Just who do you think you are? You play with people like they are hampsters and get all mad when you aren't loved for it? You need something else to do.

This is all rhetorical since I'm off for some gaming but I do look forward to the responces from others in this thread. Well, no, no I don't. It's all so sad. *poof* Die, virtual Nazis!

xmechna
2004-Jun-04, 10:43 AM
it wasent me who did the whole hoax

i didnt write it
the debunk thing was a cut and paste fome the place i usualy venture
and i was only posting the debunk to present it for arguement im sorry
that i did fail to say so :oops:

Perhaps you have this one mixed up with some other board you troll

also calling names ect is flameing it dosnt take high iq to figure that out =D>

Morrolan
2004-Jun-04, 10:51 AM
jt-3d, i'm afraid that you may have been a bit too quick on the draw here. [-X

jt-3d
2004-Jun-04, 12:11 PM
OK, um oops and such. I didn't notice the ------------ which I take to denote a copy and paste. I myself would have used the quote tag, even and empty quote tag, to denote a paste from somewhere else. Maybe even an attribution. Ok, fine, I'm wrong again. Not exactly a shocker.

Honestly though, some of you really need to learn how to use PHPBB boards. Apologies where applicable and desired. No offence intended where undeserved.

P.S. I did finally find the post copied from. It's two thirds down the page thoughand you can't link to the post, only the page much the same as xmechna did. Sorry, I thought 'twas the hoaxster himself what posted that. But somewhere out there is a troll, darn it.

xmechna
2004-Jun-04, 02:19 PM
no problem man
heres somthing in the spirit of this thread

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/endofworld.html

mind you its comic releife

crux
2004-Jun-05, 07:16 PM
Personally I think "the monitors" post is more of a mindf**k , someone who likes to take credit for being clever (there are many out there you know esp on GLP)- to me does not effect the credibility of the Aussie Bloke story one way or another...

Some interesting things have happened since my last post (which do not help to calm the fears around the house...) I am hoping there might be some stimulating feedback here on this forum....

On the radio this morning, the dj suggested we all keep our windows and screens closed due to the unusually high amount of dust in the atmosphere. (we have had a lot of rain this last weekend and monday too, so it is not from the soil being dry... Also reported were these asteroid impacts: one hitting near the Arctic Circle (so they speculate due to the seismic info) and then there is the Washington State event.... might this be due to an approaching dust cloud?

Ut
2004-Jun-05, 07:28 PM
You had a lot of rain last weekend (and Monday, too!), so you theorize that the ground could in no way have dried out in four days? Has it been sunny for one of those days? More importantly, do you have a lot of grass or woodland nearby? Because it shouldn't be dusty even if it were sunny for two weeks straight if there's an abundance of plantlife in the area.

Some things can be taken at face value, though. And some DJs can be spazes, though this individual may have simply had some fears of "evil space dust" from the meteors. Some people will pass on concerns whether there's anything to be concerned about or not, "just in case". It's best not to take everything you hear to heart.

A "dust cloud" from Beyond the Moon most likely isn't going to hurt you, anyway. I admit that I honestly don't understand what you're worried about, but the fear of dust is comical to me, even as I try to be helpful and understanding. Interstellar dust is largely just hydrogen and carbon-monoxide. Driving behind a diesel powered vehicle is probably more of a health risk.

Now, I'd honestly love to hear some of your concerns. I don't think there's any reason for anyone to panic. I've said this twice now, but once more won't hurt: If we're all going to die, we're all going ot die. Worrying about it does nothing but make you worried. If anyone's worried about not having their personal godly affairs in order, then perhaps they should start praying now, and never stop. You never know when you're going to kick the can.

crux
2004-Jun-05, 09:26 PM
Ut - I am not afraid of dust clouds...

I am merely pointing out some weirdness that I have heard about since my last posts. these are from mainstream media sources and non were being alarmist in the least. My thought is that these events could follow the line of there being a dust cloud that includes larger objects than dust as Aussie Bloke mentioned - that is all.
:D

If we're all going to die, we're all going ot die.

I agree but I what is wronge with asking questions about what you see and hear - even if it may have a negative (unthinkable) outcome. I am here talking about this because I do not want to believe it.... but things keep cropping up, bringing it to my attention.

Ut
2004-Jun-05, 09:38 PM
But nothing keeps coming to my attention, which is why I've asked... From my porch, there is nothing unusual. For miles around, there is nothing unusual. The lake is normal, the ocean is normal, the forests, the fields, and the sky all seem to be normal where I'm sitting. So, I'm curious to know what's unusual elsewhere that's causing someone to panic. Out here in the boonies, I hear very little...

Archer17
2004-Jun-06, 12:47 AM
..what is wronge with asking questions about what you see and hear - even if it may have a negative (unthinkable) outcome. I am here talking about this because I do not want to believe it.... but things keep cropping up, bringing it to my attention.There's nothing wrong with asking questions crux. What "things" are you talking about?

ness012345
2004-Jun-06, 01:58 AM
Wouldn't the dust particles burn up in the atmopshere and not actualy reach earth's surface, instead creating a stellar Meteor Shower?

Or are dust particles small enough to somehow not burn up in the atmosphere?

BAroxMysox
2004-Jun-06, 02:59 AM
To: prophecykeepers@mchsi.com
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 8:34 AM
Will Anderson,

I received your phone message when I returned home from a week away caving, to find my email inbox bursting at the seams and my telephone answering machine overflowing. I have prepared the following response to a situation I knew nothing about until I heard your message a few hours ago. I appreciate the call.

?Several people have recently contacted me, and thus have drawn my attention to claims being made in my name concerning the prediction of imminent cataclysmic cometary impacts.

Please be advised that I have no knowledge of the identity of the person ?Aussie Bloke? who claims to be me.

I am very displeased to be caught up in a hoax in this way, and while I do not regard myself as a vindictive person, I do not think that I would be too upset at this moment if a small ?personal sized? heavenly body fell out of the sky and flattened ?Aussie Bloke?, or at least knocked some integrity into him.
I am one of the authors of an article on meteors which appeared in the Australian Journal of Physics in 1975, but, although still interested in it, have not worked actively in that field much since that time. I am currently a berry grower with a serious interest in cave exploration, cave science and cave tourism development and management, as well as the landcare movement and the promotion of sustainable agriculture and horticulture.

There are a number of claims made by ?Aussie Bloke? in his hi-jacking of my persona that are plainly incorrect and make it quite clear that he does not know me as well as he would like others to believe.

I would like to state categorically that while I have no doubt that over geologically significant periods of time there have been significant impacts on earth by space debris, and that there is no reason to suppose that similar events will not occur from time to time in the future, I have no knowledge whatsoever of any such immediate or imminent threat, or any related conspiracy. I have never even met Chicken Little, and I have already started planning travel arrangements for conferences I expect to attend in several years time.?

Kind regards,

Grant Gartrell

What's the opinion on this? This shoots it down quite a few notches for me personally.

ness012345
2004-Jun-06, 03:07 AM
Providing it's true, AussieBloke has just:
A) Been prooven wrong BIG TIME
B) Is in legal trouble for impersonation
C) Is also in legal trouble for stolen identity.

I really did doubt that someone who has a Dr. in their name would go about ranting about the end of the world like a 13 year old AOLer. So I beleave this is true, it may not be, but i'm putting my money on it.

deadpan_burke
2004-Jun-06, 07:50 AM
Uh.... Hi.

Nice to know some actual astronomy-minded people are discussing this.

Um..... you might have a problem in a little bit, I posted the link to here on F'd Company, which eating the Snowball thing from a trough.

You might want to block new registrations, like, five minutes ago.

Toutatis
2004-Jun-06, 02:38 PM
Truth will neither move nor assuage the ignorance who’s wont it is to insist upon proof of negatives! – Nor will reason answer the death wish that bides as lust for 'change'!

Crux? Who do you think you're fooling? Your mode and manner of (literary) expression belie your (feigned) ignorance! I'll grant you it's a performance - but one better suited to the Improv, dontcha’ think?

BmpBmp (Sammy?) what can I say? – In the words of Amanda McBroom "It's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live" --- I promise you - Life is good! - Very good! – One only hopes you see yourself clear of your morbid obsession[s] in time to get 'round to it! --- BTW I owe you an overdue apology Re: my erroneous alignment of you with the 'Lieder camp' - I was very wrong...
/////

Well folks, as stated, the bylaws of these fora call for civility and (by tacit implication) patience (undisputed virtues indeed) --- Inasmuch as I no longer find it possible to extend civility to disingenuous Jerks (e.g. Crux, Resmut, et al.) nor patience to folks like BmpBmp (whom refuse to grow) and as the 'apocalyptic' spew is now pervasive (i.e. lacking forum specificity) -- a development I find annoying owing to the subject's (all too frequent) dearth of candor, privation of anything approaching science and, (excepting appearance on the PX sub-forum) off topic nature --- I feel I must take my 'bow'.

To Phil and the vast majority of participants, I wish to offer my sincere congratulations on a job well done! Moreover I salute your superhuman patience in dealing with each poster as if their concerns are absolutely genuine! - Indeed 'granting the benefit of the doubt' is worth the effort even should honest inquires dwindle to a mere 1% --- It is *I* who am no longer ‘up to the 'job' – I offer no denial of the fact!

With utmost Sincerely and well wishes

Adieu
Dan Sarandon