PDA

View Full Version : Comet Elenin Is Of Intelligent Design

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 03:08 PM
Read This Full Post, There Is New Information Included.

There's almost no debate anymore... I was becoming a total skeptic of "Elenin" until this latest news. Nothing could produce these numbers and story if not by intelligent design.

Perihelion - September 11, 2011. Ten years after......................

Grand Alignment, Venus-Mercury-Earth-Elenin, November 11, 2011. That's 11-11-11... And I don't want to get in to power numbers of the secret societies.

Last alignment for Elenin, December 21, 2012... Really?

Oh, and if all that wasn't great enough, now NASA must completely think that we're idiots... Or SEVERELY messing with our heads in a very evil way!

JPL Orbit Diagram for Elenin shows "Producer: Otto Matic".

Now a lot of you may not know Otto Matic, but back on September, 11, 2001 the day of the attacks a software company called "Pangea Software" launched their new game called "Otto Matic".

http://i.imgur.com/xRShp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/eLnjg.jpg

Here is what the game was about:

"Otto Matic follows the character of Otto Matic Proto in his campaign against the Giant Brain. The story begins on the Bentley Farm on Planet Earth. Here, he has to defeat brain aliens, vegetables, and a tractor. After returning to the escape rocket, he travels to Planet Snoth at the area J-3110. Here he must survive from dangerous slime, ride bubbles, and ride on platforms. Then he must go to the core and defeat a slime machine. Then he travels to Planet Knarr.

To break the ice, he must get a hammer-bot to crack it. Then he uses the saucer on Planet Shebanek to save many humans in POW camps. Then he travels to Planet Xallamarphamorphous (Planet X for short) to defeat the giant brain. After this, many humans have been saved and the story is over."

This was pulled from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OttoMatic

And yes, in the game they actually did refer to the planet as Planet X for short. I didn't think twice about this until I saw that name on the NASA JPL site.

J-3110 ring a bell? Think back to 3/11/2010, devastating Chile Earthquake.

And should I even mention Leonid Elenin?
ELE out of the constellation LEO?
NINe ELEven

The list goes on... and on...

I've sure you've heard the Deep Impact movie comparisons too? In the movie there was an ELE comet discovered by an astronomer called LEO. In addition, there was a black president... Now, the only time in our nation's history we have a black president a inbound "comet" with the name ELEnin discovered by astronomer LEOnid.

This is not a normal comet. Never in the history of man have this many "coincidences" happened at once time for an inbound space object.

Now I know BAUT, and the FIRST thing is "What is your claim?". Well, I cannot see the future, all I can say is that this is obviously of intelligent design or a staged event. Take your pick.

NASA Directly tells us with the Otto Matic comment

Ladies and gentlemen, Good luck in times ahead.

P.S. One more thing...
# Obs. Used (total) - 2181
Data-arc span - 202 days

NASA has viewed this orbit more than ANY other comet in this time span. All others I viewed that were anywhere close to that number were from 5+ years of Data, this is only 202 days.

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 03:32 PM
Read This Full Post, There Is New Information Included.

There's almost no debate anymore... I was becoming a total skeptic of "Elenin" until this latest news. Nothing could produce these numbers and story if not by intelligent design.

Perihelion - September 11, 2011. Ten years after 9/11 attacks?

Um, no perihelion is September 10, not 11.

Grand Alignment, Venus-Mercury-Earth-Elenin, November 11, 2011. That's 11-11-11... And I don't want to get in to power numbers of the secret societies.

Venus-Mercury-Earth align often. Why should such a small object as Elenin make a difference to something which is already not uncommon?

Last alignment for Elenin, December 21, 2012... Really?

There is no December 2012 alignment, I checked the charts. No alignment with anything. How do you decide what IS an alignment? And how do you decide if it is significant?

Oh, and if all that wasn't great enough, now NASA must completely think that we're idiots... Or SEVERELY messing with our heads in a very evil way!

Sure, NASA is not allowed to have a sense of humour.

Now a lot of you may not know Otto Matic, but back on September, 11, 2001 the day of the attacks a software company called "Pangea Software" launched their new game called "Otto Matic".

http://i.imgur.com/xRShp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/eLnjg.jpg

Here is what the game was about:

"Otto Matic follows the character of Otto Matic Proto in his campaign against the Giant Brain. The story begins on the Bentley Farm on Planet Earth. Here, he has to defeat brain aliens, vegetables, and a tractor. After returning to the escape rocket, he travels to Planet Snoth at the area J-3110. Here he must survive from dangerous slime, ride bubbles, and ride on platforms. Then he must go to the core and defeat a slime machine. Then he travels to Planet Knarr.

To break the ice, he must get a hammer-bot to crack it. Then he uses the saucer on Planet Shebanek to save many humans in POW camps. Then he travels to Planet Xallamarphamorphous (Planet X for short) to defeat the giant brain. After this, many humans have been saved and the story is over."

This was pulled from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OttoMatic

And yes, in the game they actually did refer to the planet as Planet X for short. I didn't think twice about this until I saw that name on the NASA JPL site.

J-3110 ring a bell? Think back to 3/11/2010, devastating Chile Earthquake.

And should I even mention Leonid Elenin?
ELE out of the constellation LEO?
NINe ELEven

The list goes on... and on...

I've sure you've heard the Deep Impact movie comparisons too? In the movie there was an ELE comet discovered by an astronomer called LEO. In addition, there was a black president... Now, the only time in our nation's history we have a black president a inbound "comet" with the name ELEnin discovered by astronomer LEOnid.

This is not a normal comet. Never in the history of man have this many "coincidences" happened at once time for an inbound space object.

Now I know BAUT, and the FIRST thing is "What is your claim?". Well, I cannot see the future, all I can say is that this is obviously of intelligent design or a staged event. Take your pick.

NASA Directly tells us with the Otto Matic comment

Ladies and gentlemen, Good luck in times ahead.

P.S. One more thing...
# Obs. Used (total) - 2181
Data-arc span - 202 days

NASA has viewed this orbit more than ANY other comet in this time span. All others I viewed that were anywhere close to that number were from 5+ years of Data, this is only 202 days.

Now video games and movies are evidence?

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-08, 03:44 PM
Now I know BAUT, and the FIRST thing is "What is your claim?".
Actually, in the case of numerological coincidences like the ones you posted the first thing is "You really should read about pareidolia" these are numerical pareidolia, i.e. they are proof of the human ability to spot patterns in anything, rather than an indication that those patterns have meaning.

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 03:49 PM
Perihelion - September 11, 2011. Ten years after 9/11 attacks?

Do not go there. Discussions about 9/11 are explicitly forbidden on BAUT, even if you think it relates to this comet. If you even mention the 9/11 attacks again you will be severely infracted.

bassguy61
2011-Jul-08, 03:51 PM

Deep Impact came out in 1998... So somehow someone knew in 1998 (earlier, actually, given production time) that in 2010 a Russian astronomer would discover an inbound comet AND was able to forsee the out come of the 2008 Presidential election? Is this your claim?

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 03:55 PM
vasotech,

Since you have time to start a new thread, you must have time to finish your obligations in your last thread (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/117670-Is-It-CW-Leonis-or-Not). There is at least an entire page (page 3) of unanswered questions. You need to answer them, or at least address them, or you will be infracted.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 03:58 PM
Um, no perihelion is September 10, not 11.

Venus-Mercury-Earth align often. Why should such a small object as Elenin make a difference to something which is already not uncommon?

There is no December 2012 alignment, I checked the charts. No alignment with anything. How do you decide what IS an alignment? And how do you decide if it is significant?

Now video games and movies are evidence?

Really?

Perihelion is on September 11, 2011. As proven by the NASA JPL Orbital Diagram

http://i.imgur.com/1yjmm.jpg

No alignment on Dec 21, 2012? Yes there is.

http://i.imgur.com/K8iPz.jpg

Shaula
2011-Jul-08, 04:07 PM
What statistical basis do you have for these claims? Please show me why you think that these numbers are so significant? For example how many days of the years correspond to a major quake? How many to significant events like wars starting? What are the odds of any random day being more significant by your criteria than Elenin related days? How does your the different perihelion day affect your analysis?

All you are doing is pattern matching right down in the noise. Examine anything closely enough and you see 'connections' - you inflate tenuous links and then over ascribe them significance because they back up your initial hypothesis. Sorry but I have seen literally dozens of similar 'patterns' made of of similar 'clues' and they have all turned out to be rubbish. Things like the Bible Code, numerology of significant events - all sorts. There is nothing convincing in what you have presented that would justify such an extraordinary claim.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:22 PM
vasotech,

Since you have time to start a new thread, you must have time to finish your obligations in your last thread (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/117670-Is-It-CW-Leonis-or-Not). There is at least an entire page (page 3) of unanswered questions. You need to answer them, or at least address them, or you will be infracted.

Ugh, okay then let me answer these questions... But still, this new data is fascinating.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 04:22 PM
My best guess is that producer "Otto Matic" is a specialized operating system.

If you were to click on the links to the orbit diagrams of the more than twelve-hundred potentially hazardous asteroids listed on JPL's "Orbit Diagrams (http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/orbits/)" page, the producer is also listed as "Otto Matic."

The JPL Small-Body Database Browser page for the main belt asteroid 1780 Kippes (A906 RA) (http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=A906+RA&orb=1), named after Otto Kippes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Kippes) (1905–1994), an asteroid orbit expert, lists the producer for the Orbit Determination Parameters as MPCLINUX.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:27 PM
Deep Impact came out in 1998... So somehow someone knew in 1998 (earlier, actually, given production time) that in 2010 a Russian astronomer would discover an inbound comet AND was able to forsee the out come of the 2008 Presidential election? Is this your claim?

My claim is that all the "coincidences" are astounding.

I'm actually more impressed by the "Otto Matic" connection than I am by the Deep Impact one.

captain swoop
2011-Jul-08, 04:28 PM
Ugh, okay then let me answer these questions... But still, this new data is fascinating.

Wild speculation, cherry picking and numerology aren't 'data' in my book.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:29 PM
My best guess is that producer "Otto Matic" is a specialized operating system.

If you were to click on any number of links to the orbit diagrams of the more than twelve-hundred potentially hazardous asteroids listed on JPL's "Orbit Diagrams (http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/orbits/)" page, the producer is also listed as "Otto Matic."

The JPL Small-Body Database Browser page for the main belt asteroid 1780 Kippes (A906 RA) (http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=A906+RA&orb=1), named after Otto Kippes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Kippes) (1905–1994), an asteroid orbit expert, lists the producer for the Orbit Determination Parameters as MPCLINUX.

Negative, Producer means the Producer of the current orbital diagram.

Look at other comets and you will see it's mostly a persons name.

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C%2F1995+O1&orb=1

"Nick Mastrodemos"

However I do note that on the NEO page most are done with "Otto Matic"

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:38 PM
What statistical basis do you have for these claims? Please show me why you think that these numbers are so significant? For example how many days of the years correspond to a major quake? How many to significant events like wars starting? What are the odds of any random day being more significant by your criteria than Elenin related days? How does your the different perihelion day affect your analysis?

All you are doing is pattern matching right down in the noise. Examine anything closely enough and you see 'connections' - you inflate tenuous links and then over ascribe them significance because they back up your initial hypothesis. Sorry but I have seen literally dozens of similar 'patterns' made of of similar 'clues' and they have all turned out to be rubbish. Things like the Bible Code, numerology of significant events - all sorts. There is nothing convincing in what you have presented that would justify such an extraordinary claim.

Um... I have seen all this junk in the past too and never believed it.

But come on, this is just outrageous. I had laid Elenin to rest and then all a sudden I notice Otto Matic on the Producer and my mind was BLOWN...

Otto Matic goes to Planet X... and the game released on 9/11/2001 ???

Perihelion on 9/11/2011???

Come on, that's not just a coincidence. This is madness.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 04:39 PM
Negative, Producer means the Producer of the current orbital diagram.

Look at other comets and you will see it's mostly a persons name.

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C%2F1995+O1&orb=1

"Nick Mastrodemos"

However I do note that on the NEO page most are done with "Otto Matic"

Why don't you contact NASA/JPL and ask them what exactly "Otto Matic" is? Ask them if it is something like MPCLINUX.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:41 PM
Google... Define Otto Matic.

"ot·to matic
OttoMatic is a video game developed by Pangea Software and published by Aspyr Media. The game was released in 2001"

Is it was an operating system I'm sure it would be documented.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 04:43 PM
Google... Define Otto Matic.

"ot·to matic
OttoMatic is a video game developed by Pangea Software and published by Aspyr Media. The game was released in 2001"

Is it was an operating system I'm sure it would be documented.

If if is some specialized in-house software, probably not.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:44 PM
Wild speculation, cherry picking and numerology aren't 'data' in my book.

I "cherry picked" data... How so?

Maybe you can say Dr. Mensur Omerbashich Cherry Picked Data by saying Earthquakes were being caused by Elenin...

But how can you say that numbers and dates that DIRECTLY match up is my fault?

The comet and NASA produced the numbers, not me.

NEOWatcher
2011-Jul-08, 04:48 PM
Otto Matic goes to Planet X...
You've never played that game where you convert words, titles or phrases to names?

Otto Matic is a common one for those who are technical oriented. If it's an automatic process that generated the parameters, then how can you use someones name?

Planet X? That's an extremely common way to call something a mysterious planet. I've heard it countless times in science fiction (and spoofs).
Neither are considered coincidences in my book, based on how often they are used.

Gillianren
2011-Jul-08, 04:54 PM
But come on, this is just outrageous. I had laid Elenin to rest and then all a sudden I notice Otto Matic on the Producer and my mind was BLOWN...

It doesn't take much to blow your mind, does it? It's not even as though it's a particularly new joke--not even as though it was when that game came out. Check out the movie Airplane!

Shaula
2011-Jul-08, 04:54 PM

Show me the justification for this statement. Statistics are there so that seemingly significant correlations can be shown to be significant. Otherwise all you have is that you have identified a very, very tenuous pattern in a very, very noisy data set.

Just repeating that you cannot believe it is a coincidence is not an argument. I cannot believe it is not butter. Doesn't make it butter.

Shaula
2011-Jul-08, 04:57 PM
PS The all knowing internet says Dec 2001 was the release date for Otto Matic on the Mac. March 2002 on the PC. 2009 for the iPad. How does this affect your analysis?

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 04:57 PM
It doesn't take much to blow your mind, does it? It's not even as though it's a particularly new joke--not even as though it was when that game came out. Check out the movie Airplane!

Saw Airplane when I was a kid, although Airplane didn't include 9/11 , 11/11 , or 12/21/2012 "power" dates.

Shaula
2011-Jul-08, 05:00 PM
Ah - significance contagion. You take something you see every day and add it to another thing you see every day and it become significant. Why is the Tehran quake not significant? Why not Fukushima? Why is Chile so important? Or is it, perhaps, that you think there is something there and are looking for evidence. And you look so hard that amazingly you find things to back you up. But they are sub-noise.

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 05:01 PM
Really?

Perihelion is on September 11, 2011. As proven by the NASA JPL Orbital Diagram

http://i.imgur.com/1yjmm.jpg

Clearly you did not look at it by the hour as I did. Perihelion occurs late on the 10th. You are simply trying to shoehorn in your odd ideas. Analyse it by the hour, then get back to me.

No visible alignments in that image, care to identify what you think is aligned with what?

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:05 PM
PS The all knowing internet says Dec 2001 was the release date for Otto Matic on the Mac. March 2002 on the PC. 2009 for the iPad. How does this affect your analysis?

You are correct from what I can tell. The game actually was released on Dec 2001...

Still doesn't change the coincidental power dates from the comet.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:08 PM
Clearly you did not look at it by the hour as I did. Perihelion occurs late on the 10th. You are simply trying to shoehorn in your odd ideas. Analyse it by the hour, then get back to me.

No visible alignments in that image, care to identify what you think is aligned with what?

Lol you're joking right?

So you're telling me that it's NOT odd that JPL shows Perihelion on 9/11/2011?

And you're also saying that There's not a Elenin-Earth-Sun alignment on 12/21/2012?

Get real... it's so close that it's impossible that this is just a natural comet.

9/11/2011? Ok maybe that's believable...

11/11/2011?

12/21/2012? Really?

captain swoop
2011-Jul-08, 05:08 PM

Maybe you can say Dr. Mensur Omerbashich Cherry Picked Data by saying Earthquakes were being caused by Elenin...

But you had the result you wanted in mind before you started to loof for numbers that fitted. How do you think Numerology works.
As already pointed out by other posters your Computer game has a number of release dates none of which are the one you claim and
the NASA JPL Orbital Diagram also shows a different date to the one you claimed.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:11 PM
You've never played that game where you convert words, titles or phrases to names?

Otto Matic is a common one for those who are technical oriented. If it's an automatic process that generated the parameters, then how can you use someones name?

Planet X? That's an extremely common way to call something a mysterious planet. I've heard it countless times in science fiction (and spoofs).
Neither are considered coincidences in my book, based on how often they are used.

Hm, that's interesting because I've been working with computers in IT since I was 8 years old... Worked at Best Buy Geek Squad for 4 years.... And now Own a rather large, $6+ Figure/year Internet Marketing company.

I've never heard the term Otto Matic except when I was a kid and played the game.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:12 PM
But you had the result you wanted in mind before you started to loof for numbers that fitted. How do you think Numerology works.
As already pointed out by other posters your Computer game has a number of release dates none of which are the one you claim and
the NASA JPL Orbital Diagram also shows a different date to the one you claimed.

How does the JPL show different figures then what I claimed? I took screenshots and have reviewed all of the dates multiple times... They match up.

Please explain.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:15 PM
I'm speculating here but... The Mayans predicted 12/21/2012 was the "End"... But they never said the "End" of what...

People automatically assume that the date means the end of the world.

But what if in fact the Mayans were telling us that 12/21/2012 would be the "End" of the Disturbances in our solar system? The "Last alignment that will affect Earth" if you will.

Makes a lot more sense to me then all the 12/21/2012 Rubbish out there. This is the ONLY thing I've seen that matches the 2012 date with any significance.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:17 PM
Hey what do you know, another piece to the puzzle.

News of the World shut downs...

The "World's End" ?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3683988/News-of-the-World-UKs-biggest-selling-Sunday-newspaper-will-close-after-failing-to-hold-itself-to-account-in-the-phone-hacking-scandal.html

This is disgusting. Subliminal messages everywhere.

Makes me sick... Might have to throw up.

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 05:18 PM
Lol you're joking right?
No he isn't and what you posted is not even close to an answer to his question.

11/11/2011? WTF?
We all know what that abbreviation stands for at that is not acceptable language around here.

Luckmeister
2011-Jul-08, 05:20 PM
How does the JPL show different figures then what I claimed? I took screenshots and have reviewed all of the dates multiple times... They match up.

Please explain.

No, you explain in what way those number matchups mean anything definitive.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:21 PM
No he isn't and what you posted is not even close to an answer to his question.

We all know what that abbreviation stands for at that is not acceptable language around here.

Seems like you are looking for a reason to ban me instead of reviewing the data. I removed the foul language and apologize.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:22 PM
No, you explain in what way those number matchups mean anything definitive.

So should I give you a background of the world's secret societies and their power numbers?

I really don't think this is an appropriate place to have that conversation.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 05:28 PM

Otto Matic was released on December 14, 2001.

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 05:30 PM
Seems like you are looking for a reason to ban me instead of reviewing the data. I removed the foul language and apologize.
If I was, you would be gone.

Thank you for the edit, but please don't further debate moderation in thread.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:32 PM
Otto Matic was released on December 14, 2001.

Yes as stated previously... I do see that to be correct.

But you are basing that Amazon or another website.

It's unknown when the pre-launch for this game was.

Regardless, we still have very odd things happening besides that.

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 05:34 PM
Lol you're joking right?

So you're telling me that it's NOT odd that JPL shows Perihelion on 9/11/2011?

Yup. As JPL shows the perihelion at approximately 4pm on the 10th.

And you're also saying that There's not a Elenin-Earth-Sun alignment on 12/21/2012?

Get real... it's so close that it's impossible that this is just a natural comet.

9/11/2011? Ok maybe that's believable...

11/11/2011?

12/21/2012? Really?

There is NO alignment in that pic you posted, unless one extends the margins of error to ridiculous proportions.

And what will you do with time zones?

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 05:35 PM

Are you seeking a badge of honour?

Luckmeister
2011-Jul-08, 05:36 PM
So should I give you a background of the world's secret societies and their power numbers?

I really don't think this is an appropriate place to have that conversation.

So you don't think it's appropriate to explain your numerology conclusions? Then why are you even posting any of this? You are totally wasting our time.

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 05:36 PM

What odd things?

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 05:39 PM
I'm speculating here but... The Mayans predicted 12/21/2012 was the "End"... But they never said the "End" of what...

People automatically assume that the date means the end of the world.

But what if in fact the Mayans were telling us that 12/21/2012 would be the "End" of the Disturbances in our solar system? The "Last alignment that will affect Earth" if you will.

Makes a lot more sense to me then all the 12/21/2012 Rubbish out there. This is the ONLY thing I've seen that matches the 2012 date with any significance.

This is a Comet Elenin thread. What is the connection to the Maya?

Van Rijn
2011-Jul-08, 05:45 PM

"Otto Matic" isn't new. In 2008, we had someone that was very worried about a little asteroid. Here's one post mentioning it:

2007 TU24 MOID just changed from 0.0037 to 0.0012 computed from last observation 2008-01-13 computed by Otto Matic on 2008-Jan-14 00:50:07.
This means that it is inside lunar orbit.
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi#top

(That person didn't understand MOID very well, but that's another subject.) Anyway, if you look at these small body predictions, you're going to see "Otto Matic" come up. It's a geek joke.

Now, when are you going to answer the questions in the other thread?

Hal37214
2011-Jul-08, 05:46 PM
I've used the label "otto matic" many times throughout my career, and I'd never heard of the game until it was mentioned in this thread. For instance, if I am developing an application to automate a data entry function, and the client interface requires entry of the operator's name, I have my app plug in "Otto Matic," to differentiate these entries from others. At least, I may use that name as a placeholder while the app is in development. I have never imagined that I'm the first person to ever string those syllables together in that arrangement, nor that I'm the first programmer to use them in this manner, because it's a fairly obvious pun.

Of course, it's possible that subliminal messages are being broadcast through our tooth fillings and imprinting these key phrases into our collective subconscious memories. Come to think of it, how else could I have thought of this? I guess that proves it!!

ZappBrannigan
2011-Jul-08, 05:46 PM
Hm, that's interesting because I've been working with computers in IT since I was 8 years old... Worked at Best Buy Geek Squad for 4 years.... And now Own a rather large, $6+ Figure/year Internet Marketing company.

I've never heard the term Otto Matic except when I was a kid and played the game.

What's the name of your company? I want to make sure my 6-figure internet consultancy avoids it.

Van Rijn
2011-Jul-08, 05:47 PM
By the way, that little asteroid faded away into obscurity.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 05:49 PM
You know, most of you people are the same as my old business partner. Even when stuff is staring you in the face, you refuse to believe it.

Put The "Otto Matic" aside.... And Let me ask you something, how can a COMET decide that it wants to align (Even if NOT exact) on 9/11/2011, 11/11/11, and 12/21/2012? Honestly if you think that is a natural occurrence then something is wrong with your head.

This is a pointless debate because you cannot see how this all adds up. Of course, It's hard for me to believe the "poo is about to hit the fan" too... But it certainly appears that way.

Science has apparently been transformed into a Cult by the mainstream just like Christianity. Believe that everything is "exactly the way it seems" or become a "scientific outcast".

Mainstream Science has officially killed free thinking minds. Einstein would be ashamed.

Only time will tell, but I'm done with this. Ban me if you like and delete this thread.

I'd rather present this to more Out of the Box scientific minds like James Mccanney who at least doesn't immediately brush the data aside is rubbish.

Good luck and good riddance.

Regards

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by vasotech
Are you seeking a badge of honour?
Please leave such things to the moderators. And if you have such concerns, please report the post

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 05:56 PM
Only time will tell, but I'm done with this. Ban me if you like and delete this thread.

I'd rather present this to more Out of the Box scientific minds like James Mccanney who at least doesn't immediately brush the data aside is rubbish.

Regards
In spite of that grand exit, I am not going to close this thread, in case anyone wants to dispute this material further. And you may leave questions for vasotech, but I wouldn't count on an answer.

vasotech - If you return (currently that is your choice), you will be expect to address open questions in both of your threads.

Gillianren
2011-Jul-08, 05:58 PM

So let's review. The "Otto" joke dates to at least 1980 and probably earlier. But that doesn't change your point. Your claim about the release date is in error, but since we don't know when the pre-launch was, you could still be right. So that doesn't change your point. Perihelion happens on the tenth, not the eleventh. But that doesn't change your point. The Maya didn't actually predict any end; that's a misinterpretation by people looking to be scared of something. I'm sure that doesn't change your point either.

In direct questions, what will?

Shaula
2011-Jul-08, 06:02 PM
You have presented NO evidence. All you done is the numerological equivalent of free association. Whenever you have been proven wrong you immediately say "But that doesn't matter" ... Yes it does. You claimed a link. Link was proven false. That should affect your overall belief score for the pattern you think you have seen.

Seriously, science is a cult because people are sceptical of an amorphous, unconvincing mass of unproven, unjustified and unvalidated links that changes every time someone pokes a hole in it but, miraculously, the conclusion doesn't? Can you not see the flaws in this? You believe something bad is going to happen, for all your protestations that you do not. That is so blatantly obvious in all your posts here that it is not even up for debate. You are looking ONLY for evidence to validate this belief and forcing random data into shapes that do this. You have presented no validated evidence, you have not taken the time and effort to do a simple statistical validation of your guesses. You are not looking for evidence to disprove your hypothesis which is what you would be doing if you were doing this scientifically.

So after Otto Matic is proven wrong, the perihelion is proven wrong, the alignments turn out to not be exact what the heck is left? Are you intending to answer my previous questions about other significant dates?

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 06:02 PM

Who is Dr. Mensur Omerbashich? And what is the European Royal Society?

arXiv: "Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity (http://lanl.arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1104/1104.2036.pdf)" (PDF), by Mensur Omerbashich.

From lanl.arxiv.org (http://lanl.arxiv.org/):

arXiv is an e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance and statistics. Submissions to arXiv must conform to Cornell University academic standards. arXiv is owned and operated by Cornell University, a private not-for-profit educational institution. arXiv is funded by Cornell University Library and by supporting user institutions. The National Science Foundation funds research and development by Cornell Information Science.

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 06:03 PM
You know, most of you people are the same as my old business partner. Even when stuff is staring you in the face, you refuse to believe it.

Put The "Otto Matic" aside.... And Let me ask you something, how can a COMET decide that it wants to align (Even if NOT exact) on 9/11/2011, 11/11/11, and 12/21/2012? Honestly if you think that is a natural occurrence then something is wrong with your head.

How do you know the comet was making intelligent decisions?
How do you know those dates were NOT coincidental?
How do you know those numbers are in any way significant?
How do you know which particular numbers ARE significant?

This is a pointless debate because you cannot see how this all adds up. Of course, It's hard for me to believe the "poo is about to hit the fan" too... But it certainly appears that way.

And the evidence for this is.........?

Science has apparently been transformed into a Cult by the mainstream just like Christianity. Believe that everything is "exactly the way it seems" or become a "scientific outcast".

Mainstream Science has officially killed free thinking minds. Einstein would be ashamed.

Regards

Yet, in spite of that wee rant, you present no evidence. What's up with that?

ZappBrannigan
2011-Jul-08, 06:07 PM

Since the world as we know it is about to end, I'm guessing you'll need some cash to get some survival gear together and find an appropriate place in the wilderness to ride out whatever you think is coming. I'm willing to buy out your 6-figure a year internet marketing company - at a very reduced rate - for cash so you can go and prepare.

I see the strength of your convictions, at least on this forum. How convinced are you in real life?

Hal37214
2011-Jul-08, 06:16 PM
... how can a COMET decide that it wants to align (Even if NOT exact) on 9/11/2011, 11/11/11, and 12/21/2012? Honestly if you think that is a natural occurrence then something is wrong with your head.

One of the fundamental problems, for you, is that while members of the Cult of Mainstream Science do, in fact, seek out real relationships between phenomena in the universe, they are also required (by charter) to ask, "How is the data that suggests this relationship significantly different from the data that does not?"

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-08, 06:19 PM
Seems like you are looking for a reason to ban me instead of reviewing the data.
You have yet to provide any data, all you have do far are a couple of dates that happen to look the same in one of the calendars used here on Earth.
H1: What's so special about this calendar that makes coincidences in it significant for anything other than showing that people are good at spotting patterns in random data? Please consider this a direct question under rule 13.

Abaddon
2011-Jul-08, 06:27 PM
You have yet to provide any data, all you have do far are a couple of dates that happen to look the same in one of the calendars used here on Earth.
H1: What's so special about this calendar that makes coincidences in it significant for anything other than showing that people are good at spotting patterns in random data? Please consider this a direct question under rule 13.

Well, that is one of the things I wonder about. It seems to pass by folks that calendars are by and large arbitrary.

Garrison
2011-Jul-08, 06:30 PM
Um... I have seen all this junk in the past too and never believed it.

Perihelion on 9/11/2011???

Or it's someone at NASA with a wacky sense of humour, why do you find that so hard to accept? The rest is just you randomly matching up numbers.

Hal37214
2011-Jul-08, 06:32 PM
Well, that is one of the things I wonder about. It seems to pass by folks that calendars are by and large arbitrary.

I've never had any interest in numerology whatsoever, but I'm sure that those who do would have little trouble finding cosmic significance in the date October 15, 1582.

NEOWatcher
2011-Jul-08, 06:33 PM
No, you explain in what way those number matchups mean anything definitive.So should I give you a background of the world's secret societies and their power numbers?
It's precisely those "secret" societies and the way they play numerology games that lets us see how this numerology game is used.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 06:39 PM

I appear to be in error regarding the actual release date for Otto Matic. The release date, according to Inside Mac Games, is Dec. 4, 2001, not Dec. 14, 2001. See Inside Mac Games sneak preview, "Otto Matic (http://www.insidemacgames.com/previews/view.php?ID=36)," by Michael Eilers, October 8, 2001.

Inside Mac Games: News: Friday, Dec. 14, 2001: "Otto Matic, Cro-Mag Rally Updates Released (http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=4470)":

Pangea Software this morning released updates to Otto Matic (just published by Aspyr Media) and to their previous hit title, Cro-Mag Rally.

The release date given by Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Otto-Matic-Mac/dp/B00005TSKN) may be referring to the updated version of the game, a bug fix that was released on Dec. 14, 2001.

"Pangea announces new game: Otto Matic (http://www.macworld.com/article/21439/2001/02/ottomatic.html)," by Peter Cohen, Feb. 26, 2001:

Pangea expects the new game to be completed in December 2001. Since the game is still in development, it's a crap shoot about what the final system requirements will be, but Pangea says that the current system requirements will call for a minimum of Mac OS 9, 333MHz processor, ATI RAGE 128 accelerator, and 96MB RAM.

Otto Matic was originally developed for the Mac platform, then later ported to Windows and the iPhone OS.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-08, 07:03 PM
I've never had any interest in numerology whatsoever, but I'm sure that those who do would have little trouble finding cosmic significance in the date October 15, 1582.
I would apply greater significance to March 1, 1700. But that's just because I'm Danish.

captain swoop
2011-Jul-08, 07:13 PM

And there's the problem with your Numerology.
Even if NOT exact

How 'not exact' are you willing to be to make the numbers fit??

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 07:15 PM
Inside Mac Games: News: Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2001: "Otto Matic Ships, Demo Out (http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=4395)," by Andy Largent.

The Pangea Software web site has been updated with great news about their latest project, Otto Matic. Apparently the final game boxes are now in the hands of the good folk at Aspyr Media and should be shipping out today.

Here's the official word from Pangea:
Otto Matic will start shipping today, and the Otto Matic demo should be available later tonight!

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-08, 07:28 PM
Otto Matic goes to Planet Xallamarphamorphous, which is shortened to Planet X.
Now if Planet X conspiracies had been completely unheard of in 2001, and no one had used that designation before, then you might have had a tiny glimmer of a claim, but as it is, it's obviously the game programmers poking fun at the woo's.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 07:57 PM
Six snapshots (http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010701000000*/http://www.pangeasoft.net/otto/) of Pangea Software's Otto Matic home page for the year 2001 has been preserved by the Internet Archive.

Swift
2011-Jul-08, 08:19 PM
I'm wondering this as a particpant, not as a moderator, but what does the title "Comet Elenin is of Intelligent Design" even mean?

Is this ID as in the counter-point of Evolution? Like the comet didn't "evolve" naturally, but some supreme being designed it? Does it mean the comet is a living creature?

Or is Vasotech using Intelligent Design to mean something that was designed by intelligent beings, like ETs, and the comet is some sort of space ship?

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-08, 08:40 PM
Could "Otto Matic" be a pseudonym for an astronomer who does not want their name to be associated with a near-Earth object?

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 09:19 PM
I'm wondering this as a particpant, not as a moderator, but what does the title "Comet Elenin is of Intelligent Design" even mean?

Is this ID as in the counter-point of Evolution? Like the comet didn't "evolve" naturally, but some supreme being designed it? Does it mean the comet is a living creature?

Or is Vasotech using Intelligent Design to mean something that was designed by intelligent beings, like ETs, and the comet is some sort of space ship?

My claim is that "Elenin" is an "invention". Whether someone created it and flung it our way or if it is being guided actually on the comet is unknown.

Sorry I was so harsh earlier, anger got the best of me. I just feel like these conjunction dates should not be pushed aside. We need to monitor this comet closely.

If it is the Blue Kachina... Then you know what that means... red kachina coming shortly after.

captain swoop
2011-Jul-08, 09:24 PM
It has been shown your dates aren't what you claimed in the OP but have been 'forced' to fit.

slang
2011-Jul-08, 09:36 PM

IT dudes don't have sense of humor. A few days ago I configured an FTP server in a test environment to give responses in rap language. It was funny until it broke a script that relied on standard messages. :)

Rhaedas
2011-Jul-08, 09:37 PM
My claim is that "Elenin" is an "invention". Whether someone created it and flung it our way or if it is being guided actually on the comet is unknown.

If it was being guided then it would have a different orbit than a natural body does. And would likely get a lot more attention because of that. If it was something other that what we expect a comet to consist of, then again it would get a lot of attention.

As it is, you yourself even admit there's a lot of speculation in your arguments, and the fact that the points you admit aren't what you originally claimed are dismissed by you as unimportant now shows you're reaching for anything that makes them true in your mind.

vasotech
2011-Jul-08, 09:54 PM
If it was being guided then it would have a different orbit than a natural body does. And would likely get a lot more attention because of that. If it was something other that what we expect a comet to consist of, then again it would get a lot of attention.

As it is, you yourself even admit there's a lot of speculation in your arguments, and the fact that the points you admit aren't what you originally claimed are dismissed by you as unimportant now shows you're reaching for anything that makes them true in your mind.

I would admit defeat if we were talking days... We are talking mere hours. And they probably should change it on JPL to say 10th is the perihelion if that is the case.

Just the fact that these 3 dates are all included in this comets path makes it hard to let go.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-08, 10:02 PM
What's so special about the Gregorian calendar that superficially similar dates in it are significant?

The similarities you're so focused on are non-existent for the claimed events in other commonly used calendars.

Garrison
2011-Jul-08, 10:04 PM

Let's see it looks like a comet, follows a cometary orbit, has indeed all the characteristics of a comet. Have you any evidence it is behaving in any way unnaturally?

Sorry I was so harsh earlier, anger got the best of me. I just feel like these conjunction dates should not be pushed aside. We need to monitor this comet closely.

What conjunction? You've yet to show any significance other than some numerological coincidence that turned out to be based on incorrect numbers.

If it is the Blue Kachina... Then you know what that means... red kachina coming shortly after.

A) What are either of those things? B) What evidence do you have Elenin is either of them?

Garrison
2011-Jul-08, 10:10 PM
I would admit defeat if we were talking days... We are talking mere hours. And they probably should change it on JPL to say 10th is the perihelion if that is the case.

Just the fact that these 3 dates are all included in this comets path makes it hard to let go.

This link (http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/)is to a JPL page on potential impact risks. Look at the length of that list and then consider all the NEOs and comets that will pass close to us without ever being a threat that are excluded from it. Is it really so surprising that you can find an object that fits, rather vaguely, with a particular set of dates?

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-08, 10:17 PM
A) What are either of those things? B) What evidence do you have Elenin is either of them?
A: A bit of quick Googling indicates that Blue/Red Kachina are apparently parts of a Hopi prophesy, but that wooists normally think Comet Holmes was the Blue Kachina and that anthropologists normally think it's a reference to Sirius.
B: Nobody has any evidence of any kind for the meaning of the prophecy, it's Nostradamus all over again.

Garrison
2011-Jul-08, 10:19 PM
A: A bit of quick Googling indicates that Blue/Red Kachina are apparently parts of a Hopi prophesy, but that wooists normally think Comet Holmes was the Blue Kachina and that anthropologists normally think it's a reference to Sirius.
B: Nobody has any evidence of any kind for the meaning of the prophecy, it's Nostradamus all over again.

Hmm, should have seen that coming...:)

GreenMan
2011-Jul-08, 11:24 PM

Please forgive my rudeness for intruding into this now-extensive thread.

It seems that Vasotech is not so much suggesting that the Comet Elenin is of intelligent design as he is suggesting that the perpetrators of terrorist attacks, video game designers and probably other odds and ends of the ephemera of this particular comet somehow knew of it well in advance of it's discovery by Elenin.

If I'm mistaken about what he's suggesting, the alternative seems to be that the comet/ship or whatever is self-directed or at least sent by an intelligence that actually
cares about dates related to terrorist attacks and video game development.

It seems far more likely that it's just happenstance or blind luck that Elenin's ephemera coincide with dates or anniversaries that are important to people. I have a hard time believing that an anniversary of a terrorist attack or video game release would be of the slightest interest to an intelligence that could "send" a comet or ship disguised as one.

Tensor
2011-Jul-08, 11:55 PM

Ah, just to point it out, July 10, 2011, is also in the comets path. Just like August 10, 2011 is in its path. We even know that December 10 2010 was a in it's path. I got news for you, there are thousands of days in the comet's path.

R.A.F.
2011-Jul-09, 12:05 AM

You haven't shown any reason to think you have evaluated the evidence...the actual science, involved in comets, their orbits, et.

Why should this numerology impress us?...it in no way validates any claims you've made.

Tensor
2011-Jul-09, 12:05 AM
Who is Dr. Mensur Omerbashich? And what is the European Royal Society?

Alan,

Dr Omerbashich's claims were discussed in this (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/115663-Comet-Elenin-Confirmed-to-be-causing-Earthquakes) thread. You should find that those claims are pretty much invalid. His website is included in that thread, but you may be asking for the time back, if you go there.

Selenite
2011-Jul-09, 12:26 AM

The "World's End" ?

Is this really how you put two and two together?

You know after a 54 year run the venerable soap opera; As the World Turns ended in September of last year.

Inexplicably, the world kept on turning.

I'm still not decided whether to take you seriously or if you are just shining us on.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-09, 12:36 AM

The "World's End" ?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3683988/News-of-the-World-UKs-biggest-selling-Sunday-newspaper-will-close-after-failing-to-hold-itself-to-account-in-the-phone-hacking-scandal.html
For The Sun (the other newspaper published by News Group Newspapers Ltd. which also owned News of the World), even a hint that a newspaper might be held responsible for the despicable actions done to get its stories IS a harbinger of The End.
Not because the real world is going to end, but rather because chances are very high that they have people doing the same kinds of things and that they're going to get burned seriously if it gets out.

Funny how the article is full of phrases trying to imply how respectable that newspaper was, it would have been interesting to see how it would have looked if it had been a competitor rather than a sibling.

BTW, for the conspiracy minded, it looks like it will only shut down in name, it'll just come out as a Sunday edition of The Sun instead. Plus ça change...

Van Rijn
2011-Jul-09, 12:59 AM
Alan,

Dr Omerbashich's claims were discussed in this (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/115663-Comet-Elenin-Confirmed-to-be-causing-Earthquakes) thread. You should find that those claims are pretty much invalid. His website is included in that thread, but you may be asking for the time back, if you go there.

I would recommend AVOIDING that site unless you are confident in the security of your system. As I mentioned in my post in the other thread:

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/115663-Comet-Elenin-Confirmed-to-be-causing-Earthquakes?p=1892815#post1892815

I got a cross site scripting warning from Noscript when visiting the site. That can indicate an attempted intrusion. He seems to be very concerned about visitors to the site and writes about a claimed "Anglo-Zionist" attack. Also, the webpage is just bizarre in general. An example I quoted in my earlier post:

Some visitors to this page over the past three weeks (27 Apr-17 May). Besides showing that Masonry is embedded in all facets of society and that they are running the show, it also raises an important question: why are they assessing this page from so many different angles, over mere three weeks -- if it's all just a "coincidence" as NASA claims it to be? Shouldn't NASA's word be sufficient for them Masonry/Illuminati?!

Garrison
2011-Jul-09, 01:11 AM

The "World's End" ?

I must admit I missed this post earlier but feel compelled to respond. If you had the faintest clue what the 'News Of The World' case was all about then you might indeed feel ill. There is nothing subliminal about this. This rag that called itself a newspaper hacked the phones of murdered children, terrorist victims, and the families of soldiers killed in combat. In a desperate bid to try and stave off disaster their parent company threw them to the wolves. Your efforts to co-opt it to my mind means you are also trying to exploit the trauma suffered by the victims of the NOTW's actions for your own ends.
If you persist in claiming this is connected to your Comet Elenin nonsense then prove it or withdraw this claim.

pzkpfw
2011-Jul-09, 02:20 AM
A newspaper called "News of the World" - and named this for a very long time - is shut down due to dodgy dealings.

What should the headlines say? "End of the News"? "One newspaper is finished"? Any headline writer who didn't write "End of the World" (or similar) would raise my suspicions!

WHarris
2011-Jul-09, 02:28 AM

Darn.... I had 5000 quatloos on purple followed by green.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-09, 02:32 AM
Thank you Tensor and Van Rijn.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-09, 03:22 AM
A newspaper called "News of the World" - and named this for a very long time - is shut down due to dodgy dealings.

What should the headlines say?
"Good riddance to bad rubbish"?
"Ding! Dong! The Screws is dead!"?

In a desperate bid to try and stave off disaster their parent company threw them to the wolves.
But not before the owner had tried but failed to pressure members of the British government to make the problem go away, showing that this is a purely economic reaction.
They're not even really thrown to the wolves but will likely go on as a Sunday edition of The Sun.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-09, 03:58 AM
The material that inspired the launching of this Elenin thread: "Top US Space Expert Issues Catastrophic Warning On Comet Elenin (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1499.htm)," by "Sorcha Faal," July 7, 2011, and virally repeated across the Web.

danscope
2011-Jul-09, 04:07 AM
What a rubbish barge !!!!!!!!! :(

chrlzs
2011-Jul-09, 04:15 AM
"Sorcha Faal"? = end of discussion. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread304918/pg1 Even at conspiracy sites*, that name is recognised as being amongst the worst of the snake oil sellers.

It's a kiss of death - rather like when Jaime Maussan 'adopts' a UFO case...

* - you may wish to ensure your shields are up before following that link - it's to 'abovetopsecret.com'...

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-09, 04:47 AM
The material that inspired the launching of this Elenin thread: "Top US Space Expert Issues Catastrophic Warning On Comet Elenin (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1499.htm)," by "Sorcha Faal," July 7, 2011, and virally repeated across the Web.
Aaaarghh! The stupid! It buuurns!!! (http://www.plognark.com/Art/Sketches/Blogsketches/2008/thestupiditburns.jpg)

Tensor
2011-Jul-09, 05:01 AM

I gave you a good link and warned you about the other one, and this is the thanks I get? Boy, see if I pass anything along next time. :razz: :lol: You sure that name isn't scorching fail? Sorry about missing Van Rijn's warning in the other thread.

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-09, 06:26 AM
From Faal's "report (http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1499.htm)":

Most interesting to note about Comet Elenin [photo top left] is its being trailed by 2 distinct rows comprised of 8 smaller circular shaped “objects” that Chinese scientists had previously stated were UFO’s (http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/scientists-says-comet-elenin-has-massive-ufo-fleet-following-in-formation-in-its-tail/) belonging to an as yet unidentified “extraterrestrial civilization (http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/scientists-says-comet-elenin-has-massive-ufo-fleet-following-in-formation-in-its-tail/).”

Faal links twice to a May 5, 2011, THE TRUTH BEHIND THE SCENES story, "Scientists says Comet Elenin has massive UFO Fleet following in formation in it’s tail (http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/scientists-says-comet-elenin-has-massive-ufo-fleet-following-in-formation-in-its-tail/)." The source given for the story is something that was written on the Terra Argentina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Networks) site, "Científicos chinos dicen que detrás de cometa viene un OVNI (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnoticias.terra.com.ar%2Fcientificos-chinos-dicen-que-detras-de-cometa-viene-un-ovni%2C42ed4ad9867bf210VgnVCM4000009bf154d0RCRD.ht ml&act=url)" ("Chinese scientists say that behind the comet is a UFO"), published on May 3, 2011.

It looks like the author of the Terra Argentina piece was inspired in some way by a 2011 April Fool's joke story published by The Daily Galaxy, "Epic Discovery: China's National Radio-Astronomy Observatory Announces Monitoring of 'Dark' Satellite in Orbit Around Saturn -'Transmitting the Universal Genetic Code' (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/04/china-announces-monitoring-of-dark-satellite-in-orbit-around-saturn-transmitting-genetic-code.html)."

Shaula
2011-Jul-09, 06:40 AM
Vasotech, are you going to answer the questions I asked about the levels of statistical significance you ascribe to this and how you derived it?

Repeating "I see a pattern, it must be real" is not a scientific argument.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-09, 06:53 AM
Well, if he believes in Sorcha Faal, rational discourse might well be impossible.

Van Rijn
2011-Jul-09, 07:07 AM

Thanks for the link. That's hilarious! Hoagland is a "top US space expert" now. He's also a "noted US space expert." Well, he might be in a sense: He is noted for constantly making ridiculous unsupported space-related claims.

And, yes, the infamous Sorcha Faal, who probably even exceeds Hoagland in the quantity of nonsense claims.

moog
2011-Jul-09, 09:04 AM
Is this an advert for a computer game?

Alan G. Archer
2011-Jul-09, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the link. That's hilarious! Hoagland is a "top US space expert" now. He's also a "noted US space expert." Well, he might be in a sense: He is noted for constantly making ridiculous unsupported space-related claims.

And, yes, the infamous Sorcha Faal, who probably even exceeds Hoagland in the quantity of nonsense claims.

You are welcome.

The image of comet Elenin referenced in Faal's report was taken by Aleksei Sergeyev and Artyom Novichonok on Dec. 11, 2010, at Majdanak Observatory (http://www.astrin.uzsci.net/oldweb2/eng/maidanak/index.html) in Uzbekistan. Tracking the comet, the astronomers stacked four 300-second exposures (http://www.aerith.net/pictures/novichonok/c2010x1_20101211.jpg). This accounts for each of the stars in the field of view appearing four times.

The astronomers also imaged the comet by stacking three 300-second exposures (http://severastro.narod.ru/nabl/novichonok/ccd/comet/20/2010/c2010x1/c2010x1_20101212.jpg).

Further reading:
"C/2010 X1 (Elenin): first comet in modern Russian history (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fseverastro.narod.ru%2Fbooks%2Fbooks %2Fmycomet%2Fc2010x1%2Fc2010x1.htm&act=url)" (Google Translate)

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-09, 05:12 PM
Is this an advert for a computer game?
It's the result of the ramblings of a very strange mind.

pzkpfw
2011-Jul-09, 09:34 PM
It's the result of the ramblings of a very strange mind.

That crosses a line. No more.

AGN Fuel
2011-Jul-11, 03:19 AM

:lol: Thanks for that link. That's the funniest thing I have read for ages! I'm fascinated with the concept of a video game where you have to outwit vegetables...

I look forward to the data that proves that Pac-Man (a yellow sun analogy if ever I saw one) eating countless "planetoids" foresees a rogue star decimating the solar system when my video club membership expires in 2013.

loglo
2011-Jul-13, 07:21 PM
IT dudes don't have sense of humor. A few days ago I configured an FTP server in a test environment to give responses in rap language. It was funny until it broke a script that relied on standard messages. :)

lol

AutoBoof
2011-Sep-13, 06:05 PM
Wow...I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, but I am awestruck that re-arranging a few numbers and letters can have someone so convinced of their impending doom.

A video game? Really? You sound like the guy from "a beautiful mind"

But you can't really argue with a skitzo...no point.

I poured some cheerios today....I think a ghost is possessing my cereal as all it every spells is OOOoooOOOOooOOOoo! Very spooky. I wonder what we can learn from alphabits?

slang
2011-Sep-13, 06:09 PM
I wonder what we can learn from alphabits?

This (http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/09/12/140394807/extreme-tidying-up) (after they're sorted, of course).

antoniseb
2011-Sep-13, 07:12 PM
... You sound like the guy from "a beautiful mind" ...

Please do not respond to this. AutoBoof is being informed that ad hom attacks are forbidden/strongly discouraged.

Nowhere Man
2011-Sep-14, 03:12 AM
At any rate, vasotech hasn't been here for over a month, and seems to have lost interest in this thread. Dead horse, meet flog.

Fred

Weltraum
2011-Sep-16, 07:32 AM
Really?

Wow. I don't see an alignment there.. Just a rough lineup to Sun, Earth and Elenin, but obviously not a straight line-up. Is that what you were referring to?

$10 says it's even further from being an alignment when you take the third dimension into consideration.

kheider
2011-Sep-16, 07:40 PM
Wow. I don't see an alignment there.. Just a rough lineup to Sun, Earth and Elenin, but obviously not a straight line-up. Is that what you were referring to?

$10 says it's even further from being an alignment when you take the third dimension into consideration.

The correct alignments dates are:

2011-Sep-26 18:27 @ 1.9078° @0.384AU (Moon 12.2° away / 0.9% lit) : Elenin will be 57,400,000 km (35,700,000 mi) from the Earth in Virgo.
2011-Nov-22 23:00 @ 175.13° @0.596AU (Moon 148° / 7.8%)
2012-Dec-26 07:00 @ 178.36° @5.2AU (Moon 23.4° / 95.9%)

(I expect nothing abnormal to happen on any of these dates.)

-- Kevin Heider

HenrikOlsen
2011-Sep-17, 10:57 PM
And what are you claiming will happen on those dates?

Donnie B.
2011-Sep-18, 04:12 PM

"Something wonderful!"

-- Monolithized Dave Bowman

moog
2011-Sep-18, 04:30 PM

I will go out on a limb and claim that there will be at least a magnitude 2 earthquake on each of those days.... I will even put money on it!

legostar
2011-Sep-27, 07:28 AM
Otto Matic is much older than this game. It's taken from a Tom Slick cartoon.
Watch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfKKQ4WSqA

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-01, 09:46 AM
Without predictions before the first date happened, I'll now predict that we'll soon hear of things that happened on it that supposedly was caused by it.