PDA

View Full Version : quantum repeaters

trinitree88
2011-Jul-19, 06:19 PM
Hope looms for a practical application of phase locked photons (quantum entanglement)...a reference beam for quantum repeaters capable of increasing the baselines of interferometers to arbitray lengths. SEE:http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1107/1107.2939v1.pdf

PaulLogan
2011-Jul-20, 06:44 AM
hi trinitree88,

i just wanted to let you know that your effort of posting the latest findings with links to the corresponding paper is very much appreciated.

please keep them coming!

trinitree88
2011-Jul-20, 04:19 PM
hi trinitree88,

i just wanted to let you know that your effort of posting the latest findings with links to the corresponding paper is very much appreciated.

please keep them coming!

Hi Paul. I recall your previous thanks and you're welcome. I do it partially out of curiosity, partially out of a sense of public service (as many pros at MIT helped me for gratis...), and partially out of a personal search for answers to some questions I work on intermittently. Several others have thanked me, too, and, to be fair to the forum and it's moderators, it allows my blogging to have accessible files I can back search, and receive technical pointers from lots of other people. So I extend your thanks to them, also. pete