PDA

View Full Version : The people its crazy?

lobezno
2011-Jul-12, 07:35 AM
Will the new prophet?

I found it a forum for Argentina
calls himself Master.

July 16 or quadrature 2011Hay orbital alignment will not find in the reports of the object Elenin and is dated July 16, 2011.
To this I have calculated based on a situation which I will explain:

Venus will conjunct Mercury Mars opposition, and this combination of both with Venus, the sun being always in the middle.
Earth in turn, makes a triangulation in order Elenin and Mercury, the three opposite the Sun.
Venus, and as I explained before, has an important line, turned upside down, causing its magnetic influence on the Earth are important aberrations
gravitational will be in opposition with the Earth, taking as an ally to Mars.
Completing the picture then, Elenin, Mercury, Venus and Mars almost side (Elenin slightly higher relative to the Sun) and Earth in opposition to them.
Calculation for those days, a high solar activity, towards the massive opposition, and a strong gravitational pull on Earth, caused by Elenin and the Sun, powered by the three remaining planets.
Therefore, between days 15 and July 17, 2011:
Attention to traces of Earthquakes - Magnetosphere -
Volcanoes - and climate change.

I think it is a lie
has no scientific basis
you are saying? :think:

Mellow
2011-Jul-12, 08:11 AM
Hi lobenzo, welcome to the board here :-)

Are you suggesting something major will be happening in the next 5 days?

I suspect if we look globally, we could find something minor (geologically speaking) happening every day of the year, lets see if something globally significant happens this week....

tnjrp
2011-Jul-12, 08:12 AM
Seems to me lobezno has read about this someplace on teh Interwebz? :confused:

I would say there's a very good chance this is just your standard doomsday tripe dressed up in fashionable outfit (ref: comet Elenin). As to if it's a lie or a honest yet completely delusional version of the same is another question. The upside is that we don't have to wait for years or decades until the verification either way.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-12, 08:15 AM
Going by the one bit that I think I understand.

Gravity is something we understand how works very well. When Elenin gets closest to the earth its gravity will be about a 40,000,000,000,000th of that of the Moon. Alignments doesn't matter one bit, it's simply far too small and far too far away to have any measurable gravitational effect.

tusenfem
2011-Jul-12, 10:23 AM
Venus, and as I explained before, has an important line, turned upside down, causing its magnetic influence on the Earth are important aberrations

I am saying that Venus does not have a magnetic field so ..... chirp chirp chirp

Swift
2011-Jul-12, 01:09 PM
Hi lobenzo, welcome to the board here :-)

Are you suggesting something major will be happening in the next 5 days?

I suspect if we look globally, we could find something minor (geologically speaking) happening every day of the year, lets see if something globally significant happens this week....
Let me make that official. Lobenzo, please clarify whether you are just reporting this, you are asking a question about it (like how to prove it wrong) or you think these disasters are going to happen. Thanks,

lobezno
2011-Jul-12, 02:17 PM
is a question ..... true or false?

tusenfem
2011-Jul-12, 02:27 PM
is a question ..... true or false?

What is a question? Do you mean: "Will the new prophet?
That is not a question, that is only part of a sentence that might be a question.

Or is it the last 3 lines: "I think it is a lie, has no scientific basis, you are saying?
I might guess that you mean here "what do you think" and then the answer to that question is: "it has no scientific basis, it is junk, rubbish, bunk.'

Swift
2011-Jul-12, 02:37 PM
lobezno, I suspect English is not your first language, and I can appreciate the difficulties, but it is a little hard to understand what you are saying.

Gillianren
2011-Jul-12, 04:29 PM
To me, it is obvious that Lobezno wants us to confirm his[?] suspicion that this is garbage. Which of course it is.

Swift
2011-Jul-12, 04:45 PM
To me, it is obvious that Lobezno wants us to confirm his[?] suspicion that this is garbage. Which of course it is.
If that is what you are asking Lobezno, the answer is most definitely yes, this is complete nonsense. For one thing, Elenin is a fairly small comet and its gravitational influence on Earth is probably so tiny that it is unmeasurable. The effects of the Sun or the Moon would be much greater, and other than the tides, haven't done to much to the Earth for the last 4 billion years.

AGN Fuel
2011-Jul-12, 08:36 PM
I think it is a lie
has no scientific basis

I agree with you. It is nonsense from start to finish and shows a complete lack of understanding of astronomy or basic physics.

slang
2011-Jul-12, 10:59 PM

Concur. On both.

dahlstroem
2011-Jul-13, 12:56 PM
I think Neil deGrasse Tyson expressed it well in a recent tweet (not specifically regarding Elenin, but still topical):

"You ask if a passing comet's gravity causes Earthquakes? Can the whoosh of air from a gnat topple an elephant?"

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-13, 02:49 PM
Except it's really more like "Can a mosquito topple a fully loaded supertanker?".

Bobbar
2011-Jul-13, 06:10 PM
But proponents don't believe it's a mosquito or a gnat. It's "something else".

LaurelHS
2011-Jul-13, 06:56 PM
Except it's really more like "Can a mosquito topple a fully loaded supertanker?".
Well, Canadian mosquitoes can be awfully vicious sometimes...

slang
2011-Jul-13, 09:04 PM

If it's standing perfectly balanced on its keel... ;)

captain swoop
2011-Jul-14, 09:34 PM

with a long enough lever.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-14, 09:48 PM
but not by smashing headfirst into it or by waving its wings.

Swift
2011-Jul-14, 09:51 PM
Ok, I think enough insect analogies to the comet already. If there is nothing more to say, we can just let this thread fade away.

tnjrp
2011-Jul-15, 05:56 AM
Well, the time to start paying "attention to traces of Earthquakes - Magnetosphere - Volcanoes - and climate change" has only just begun... Anyone wanna bet this "prophet" is ticked pink about news like this?
http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandreview/daily_news/Minor_Earthquake_in_Iceland%E2%80%99s_Katla_Volcan o_0_380186.news.aspx

lobezno
2011-Jul-15, 10:28 PM
I have fear, this person is doing business, will take everyone who follows him to a shelter that is ....
I'm afraid the occurrence of a mass suicide

sorry my English, my language is Italian

cjameshuff
2011-Jul-16, 06:39 PM
I have fear, this person is doing business, will take everyone who follows him to a shelter that is ....
I'm afraid the occurrence of a mass suicide

A valid concern, and not the only one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_for_the_Restoration_of_the_Ten_Commandmen ts_of_God#Apocalypse

astromark
2011-Jul-16, 08:40 PM
Welcome 'Lobezno' I understand your concerns..

but you and I and this 'forum' are powerless to inform those who chose this nonsense over reality.

We know with some science and logic that this and other passing comets are of little consequence

unless they actually collide with Earth. There is no danger of Earthquakes and Tidal waves and its the 17th of July here now...

lobezno
2011-Jul-26, 01:07 AM
I browse in internet, and found .....

The Intel Hub
By Dr. Mark Sircus, IMVA – Contributing Writer
May 6th, 2011
This is a follow up to the article, “Bad News From NASA.”
It could be that Elenin is small or big but I imagine it is safe to assume that it exists and that we can trust NASA at least that far.
Since I don’t have a space taxi to run me alongside it, we will have to wait for it to come closer to the neighborhood of earth for us all to eventually see with our own naked eyes what is going on and what is going to happen.
Since publishing my essay, “Bad News from NASA,” we have started a family discussion about these events and of course have been getting lots of reader feedback on my blog and plenty of personal emails, even some directly from NASA, which I will share today.
Someone complained about my use of the word “bad” in the title of my last post but I thought it was the opening picture that was over the top. Some castrated me for being an alarmist but this entire story is alarming.
My wife takes up the position of devil’s advocate and also the position of the masses who don’t want to know a thing and bury their heads in the sand. She said to me yesterday that she would rather not hear about end-of-the-world threats and would rather live fully and then……… what? Just die of course.
My son did not like that path and has been busy doing his own research. He told me that the Russian astronomer who discovered this comet, Leonid Elenin, says it’s just a small rock so don’t worry. Very important information though is the date of discovery, just December of 2010.
If one takes the NASA flight path model and flips it and watches this on the horizontal plane then one sees that this comet, if that is what it is, is plowing through the solar system and right now the asteroid belt in a way that one might hope could destroy it.
But Ron Baalke from NASA just informed me that,
“Even though the asteroid belt has millions of asteroids, it is still mostly empty space. Lots of empty space, in the scale of millions of miles! It’s probably difficult to relate to something like that for the average person, since there’s nothing even remotely close to the scale of millions of miles in our daily lives.
On a highway, the cars are a few feet to dozens of feet from each other. If you expand the highway out to several millions miles wide, then the empty space involved is mind-boggling. We’ve sent several spacecraft through the asteroid belt. Not only did none of the spacecraft run into any asteroid, but they carried detectors that would detect impacts from micro meteoroids, and they detected surprisingly little. Most of the spacecraft that have gone through didn’t even get close enough to any asteroid to be able to image it, and that would require a flyby of distance of within 100,000 miles. So if you go through the asteroid belt and have difficulty even getting within 100,000 miles of any asteroid within the belt, this gives you a good idea that there’s a lot of empty space there.”

What we have is patterns, gravitational ones. The gravitation footprint of Elenin seems to be being smashed in our faces (on the earth’s mantle) whenever it aligns with us. There is no law of coincidence to cover that up.
Three huge earthquakes on three planetary alignments with the so-called comet speak louder than words.

The Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin said, “Every massive body leaves behind it a ‘gravitational tail’. It influences other bodies. Celestial mechanics has been understood for a long time, and now we have been able achieve accuracy as never before.”
So I am not sure what to make of what Ron Baalke from NASA said yesterday:
“Yes, the earthquakes are just coincidences. It’s a myth that planetary alignments will cause earthquakes. Over the centuries, some people have made dire claims for the ‘end of the world’ with devastating earthquakes, floods, etc, etc., when certain objects in our solar system line up, and have been proven wrong each time.
If planets like Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter don’t cause earthquakes on Earth, then a small comet like Comet Elenin will not either by ‘lining up’ with Earth. Comet Elenin is not a Brown Dwarf. Comet Elenin will be passing by the Earth on October 16 at a distance of 35 million miles with no adverse effects to Earth.”

Why a medical doctor... say this?? its crazy?:eek:

HenrikOlsen
2011-Jul-26, 02:22 AM
More wooism, it's really rather pathetic the way they seem to get a feeling of importance from believing they alone know that everyone's getting destroyed.

Try to have a look here (http://alma-geddon.com/) for a list of other doomsday prophesies, someone had predicted doomsdays for 40-60% of all years in at least the last century and about as many in the times before as well. We've already had one failed doomsday this year and another prophecy coming up soon, not to mention the various ones coming up next year.

AGN Fuel
2011-Jul-26, 03:16 AM
..... Some castrated me for being an alarmist....

Seems a bit harsh.

What we have is patterns, gravitational ones. The gravitation footprint of Elenin seems to be being smashed in our faces (on the earth’s mantle) whenever it aligns with us. There is no law of coincidence to cover that up. Three huge earthquakes on three planetary alignments with the so-called comet speak louder than words.

No. Apart from being very selective about which earthquakes are picked (or not picked as the case may be), there is a deafening silence by the doom merchants as to what is regarded as an "alignment". From the vague profferings I've heard, anywhere within about 120 degrees seems to qualify.

The bottom line: this is a very ordinary comet, that a number of people in an attempt to brighten their benighted lives have latched onto as having some magical qualities unknown to current physics. In reality, it will swing by Earth at some considerable distance, as countless have before it, and by this time next year only avid comet aficionados will even give it a second thought.

Why a medical doctor... say this?? its crazy?:eek:

Are you sure this is a medical doctor? Or is it someone who got a 'doctorate' from the University of Truthology (TM)?

It's also worth noting that this particular doctor seems to be rigorously testing his hypothesis by having a chat to his family about it. And of those, one disagreed and the other remained neutral!

LaurelHS
2011-Jul-26, 03:49 AM
According to his own site, Dr. Mark Sircus (http://director.imva.info/) has an honorary degree in Oriental medicine and he's a certified acupuncturist.

lobezno
2011-Jul-26, 03:50 AM
Yes, he´s medical doctor...

http://www.worldpsychology.info/World%20Psychology/OriginalCorePages/Dr.Mark.html

he´s crazy.....

pzkpfw
2011-Jul-26, 03:59 AM
Yes, he´s medical doctor...

http://www.worldpsychology.info/World%20Psychology/OriginalCorePages/Dr.Mark.html

he´s crazy.....

Whatever we think of someone, let's not do any name-calling.

Van Rijn
2011-Jul-26, 07:06 AM
According to his own site, Dr. Mark Sircus (http://director.imva.info/) has an honorary degree in Oriental medicine and he's a certified acupuncturist.

Great. An honorary degree in a field that does not promote an objective, scientific approach. I looked up Sircus and found he makes a lot of ridiculous claims. For instance he promotes baking soda to cure cancer. Here are a couple of articles that discuss that:

http://anaximperator.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/sodium-bicarbonate-really-works-for-h1n1-influenza/

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/12/arm_hammer_baking_soda_for_h1n1_influenz.php

(Both pages also talk about Dr. Mercola, who's fairly well known for bogus medical claims, so you'll have to read through to catch the Sircus references.)

Also, as another example of Sircus's nonsense, here he shows he doesn't have a clue about radiation. From his article, "nuclear doom":

http://blog.imva.info/medicine/nuclear-doom

After the first week, officials had enough information to call for evacuation of a wide area in Japan and also Hawaii, Alaska and the entire west coast of North America. They really should have evacuated all of northern Japan and also the west coast but that was almost as impossible as evacuating the entire planet or the entire northern hemisphere.

Clearly not someone that should be taken seriously.

tnjrp
2011-Jul-26, 07:14 AM
Clearly not someone that should be taken seriously.I disagree. Anyone promoting baking soda to cure cancer should be taken seriously -- just not for the scientific merit of their claims.

LaurelHS
2011-Jul-26, 02:01 PM
Baking soda can cure heartburn, though. So if you have stress-induced heartburn from, say, reading nonsense on woo-woo sites, try a few teaspoons of it.