PDA

View Full Version : How will it all end ?

Sticks
2004-Jun-17, 04:50 AM
I just wondered how people thought the universe will end.

I know that professor Steven Hawkins favour the Big Chill

Brady Yoon
2004-Jun-17, 07:35 AM
I think current physics says the universe will end in a Big Chill, but I would prefer a oscillating universe that goes on forever. That would explain the creation of the universe.

Swift
2004-Jun-17, 12:40 PM
I vote for option four - the jury is still out.

Funny answer..... "badly" :D

mutant
2004-Jun-17, 03:30 PM
The credits will roll by and then they will move to a commercial. :(

Ut
2004-Jun-17, 03:35 PM
I'm having the strongest of deja vu moments here...

Demigrog
2004-Jun-17, 06:15 PM
I vote Big Chill, but I'm not convinced that is the end of the universe, but merely the universe as we know it.

Kaptain K
2004-Jun-17, 06:19 PM
Big Rip! :o

Dgennero
2004-Jun-17, 07:48 PM
Data insufficient to decide :roll:
But I already stated in another thread that an oscillating universe would be "satisfactory" to me, with an infinite number of oscillations and slightly different starting parameters every time (of course they'd have to be within boundaries that allow further oscillation), insofar as anything with a probability higher than 0 would eventually happen - even a "rare earth" e.g. - there would be no need to explain a "primary cause" or such, because we're in an endless loop that had no beginning.

EckJerome
2004-Jun-17, 09:58 PM
I think it is the ultimate in human vanity to think that we are able to comprehend the nature of the universe and how it all came to be or how it will all end. (Either through religion OR science.)

Frankly, I don't care.

Archer17
2004-Jun-17, 10:54 PM
I think it is the ultimate in human vanity to think that we are able to comprehend the nature of the universe and how it all came to be or how it will all end. (Either through religion OR science.)

Frankly, I don't care.I disagree. It's not vanity, it's curiosity. I happen to think the quest for knowledge is an admirable thing myself.

BTW I voted for Big Chill because I'm not up on the Big Rip and don't think we'll Crunch.