PDA

View Full Version : Planetary Earthquake during War of Gog & Magog

Prince
2002-May-04, 09:51 PM
Ezekiel 38 predicts a world wide earthquake when Gog & Magog invade Israel. On the massive scale described below, is there any conceivable natural geological-planetary process, as opposed to an outright miracle, that God could "use" to cause the earth to quake to such a degree?

"AND IT WILL COME TO PASS AT THE SAME TIME WHEN GOG COMES AGAINST THE
LAND OF ISRAEL," SAYS THE LORD GOD, "THAT MY FURY WILL SHOW IN MY FACE.
FOR IN MY JEALOUSY AND IN THE FIRE OF MY WRATH I HAVE SPOKEN": SURELY IN
THAT DAY THERE SHALL BE A GREAT EARTHQUAKE IN THE WORLD, 'SO THAT THE FISH OF THE SEA, THE BIRDS OF THE HEAVENS, AND THE BEASTS OF THE FIELD, ALL CREEPING THINGS THAT CREEP ON EARTH, AND ALL MEN WHO ARE ON
THE FACE OF THE EARTH SHALL SHAKE AT MY PRESENCE. THE MOUNTAINS SHALL BE
THROWN DOWN, THE STEEP PLACES SHALL FALL, AND EVERY WALL SHALL FALL TO
THE GROUND."

James
2002-May-04, 11:31 PM
Sounds to me to be an asteroid or a meteoite hitting the Earth. Only way to destroy whole mountains. An earthquake a size 10 on the Richter scale wouldn't be able to destroy whole mountains. Cause major destruction on the otherside of the Earth, however, is almost a sure bet.

Azpod
2002-May-05, 02:15 AM
On 2002-05-04 19:31, James wrote:
Sounds to me to be an asteroid or a meteoite hitting the Earth. Only way to destroy whole mountains. An earthquake a size 10 on the Richter scale wouldn't be able to destroy whole mountains. Cause major destruction on the otherside of the Earth, however, is almost a sure bet.

Actually, a major volcano, like all of Yellowstone going BOOM, could also destroy monutains and cause a large enough quake. However, in both asteroid strike and mother-of-all-volcano scenarios, the earthquake and its destructive power would be the last thing we'd have to worry about!

roidspop
2002-May-05, 04:41 AM
Greg Bear has it down in "Forge of God": multi-hundred thousand ton missiles, one made of neutronium the other of anti-neutronium, colliding in the core of the Earth. Whole lotta shakin' goin' on.

2002-May-05, 02:45 PM
<a name="20020505.6:38"> page 20020505.6:38 aka TEN RICHTER
On 2002-05-04 19:31, James wrote: To: RICHTER SCALE
While watching seismographs? i wondered Why 10?
and did conclude {for MYself} yeah there's a limit
not that greater than tens would occure. Probably?
itsjust not from Earth Crust Slippage..
real big numbers would have other Causes
and Would NOT be what I call an Earth Quake.
I would call them Shears in the Space/Time continium!

2002-May-05, 02:53 PM
<a name="20020505.6:44"> page 20020505.6:44 aka TEN retraction
1: YES? i said shear in SPACE/time continium
2: and NO ..I.. do not believe that for a second.
3: in fact I don't believe any of that any longer.
4: I now think about TIME-space as a manifold
5: or maybe a polyFOLD. not as a continium at all
6: Never mind for the moment..
7: my point was Greater than 10's
8: or none greater than TEN
9: and concluded its the later

2003-Jan-05, 03:16 PM
<a name="3-1-05.Qu"> page= 3-1-05.Qu aka Quake?
7:15 A.M. January 5, 2003
today my opinion returns to Earth Quake's are
limited to 10 just as predicted{scaled} by Richter
however its spelled.. HOWEVER once upon a time YEARS ago
I did have a DOS program called Gravity.. According to that
when really massive objects {Moon sized} aproach Earth..
Earth actually splits apart into TWO hemispheres (_|_)
and I would expect those numbers to be GREATER than 10
AND possibly could cause "walls to fall" etc
My guess if TRUE it might be Planet X..
IF thats true ... on an extraORDINARY close approach
I would put my time stamp on that as at least 100 years off &more likely 2

cable
2003-Jan-05, 08:54 PM
THE MOUNTAINS SHALL BE
THROWN DOWN, THE STEEP PLACES SHALL FALL, AND EVERY WALL SHALL FALL TO
THE GROUND."

that's OK for walls.
but for mountains ... if thrown down, they will appear with different slope and shape, but still mountains ... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

2003-Jan-06, 07:38 PM
Then too, keep in mind that the "World" at that time was much smaller than what we know now. To them, the world would have pretty much been a whole lot smaller.

Cloudy
2003-Jan-10, 09:34 AM
Ezekial speeks in highly symbolic terms.
As always in the bible, the primary meaning is going to be spiritual.

Allot of kooks say really absurd things when interpreting such works. They read Ezekial without reading more straightforward works like Genesis, Mathew or Romans. This makes it impossible to for them to understand the more symbolic stuff. Its like trying to interpret Einstein's work without understanding Maxwell's or Newton's.

Wingnut Ninja
2003-Jan-13, 08:59 PM
You could theoretically hire an intergalactic shipping firm to remove your mountains, a la Life, The Universe, and Everything. Then they could be thrown down and nothing would be left.
Or perhaps you could use a series of nuclear explosions all over the world to set up a worldwide resonation. There's a great premise for a James Bond film.