PDA

View Full Version : Nancy L radio show alert! TONIGHT ON THE WEB!

MrLen
2004-Jun-21, 09:41 PM
She should be truly wacko tonight! don't miss!

>Nancy Lieder on Lou Gentile MONDAY, June 21, 10-11 CDT, an hour
> > >later for the East Coast.
> > >http://www.lougentile.com
> > >
> > >On the IBC Radio Network
> > >http://www.ibcradio.com/
> > >They state it is carried on short wave 7.330 and radio as well as
> > >web casting!
> > >
> > >Web page for this broadcase WILL BE
> > >http://www.zetatalk.com/index/lou0621.htm
> > >
> > >Up by the end of today, Sunday.

R.A.F.
2004-Jun-21, 11:04 PM
Well, usually I go to sleep very early...but tonight I'll be staying up to at least midnight pacific time (long story) so I'll be listening.

I don't know if I should consider myself fortunate or not. :)

stu
2004-Jun-22, 03:25 AM
Some great quote-ish things so far: Nancy saying that Planet X is like Gandolf (sp?) from Lord of the Rings saying "You shall not pass!" to Earth.

And, also, that PX will look like a "fuzzball" -- how convenient that the pictures she has on her site for the show look like fuzzballs or lens flares.

And of course the usual NASA knew about PX, Earth's Dark Twin, etc.

Oh, and her asking if she should stop now, or if she should continue rambling.

R.A.F.
2004-Jun-22, 04:04 AM
DARN TIME ZONES!! I missed the whole thing...after thinking about it for a second, that's probibly a good thing. :lol:

stu
2004-Jun-22, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I'm in Arizona, so I was like "must remember ... 10 CDT is 8 MST ..." all day.

I'm not sure if it was worth listening to or not. I found it really boring at first with Nancy going on about stuff, but her first caller was great! He argued with her for what seemed like 15 minutes, going on about how nothing she was predicting was really happening, etc. But, then he made the mistake about saying he was employed on a DOD or DOE (can't remember) contract, and then all Nancy did was rant about how he didn't want to upset the employer. But the next caller did the same thing, arguing with her, and he made sure to say that he wasn't governmentally employed. :lol:

R.A.F.
2004-Jun-22, 04:38 AM
Well, stu, I did go to your web site so it wasn't a total loss. :)

And I see that...HOLY COW!! You're majoring in Astronomy with a double minor in Physics and Geology!!

You're going to have a LOT of fun on this board!

stu
2004-Jun-22, 04:48 AM
Well, stu, I did go to your web site so it wasn't a total loss. :)

And I see that...HOLY COW!! You're majoring in Astronomy with a double minor in Physics and Geology!!

You're going to have a LOT of fun on this board!

Oh yes, I am, and I have been. And, even though I'd never heard of Nancy before I started visiting this site over a year ago (afterwhich my mom bought me the BA's book -- great read!), I must say that I have a love-hate relationship with her claims. I hate them because they're [edited before pushing "Submit" for politeness] spreading such incorrect information, but I also "love" them because they make me argue out loud to nobody in particular and they make me try to think of new ways to show how they're wrong. Is that mean of me? :P

tmosher
2004-Jun-22, 05:00 AM
But, then he made the mistake about saying he was employed on a DOD or DOE (can't remember) contract, and then all Nancy did was rant about how he didn't want to upset the employer.

Yep, made that mistake. Actually, it's neither a DOD or DOE contract.

BTW, I recorded the silly show.

Tom

freddo
2004-Jun-22, 06:57 AM
But, then he made the mistake about saying he was employed on a DOD or DOE (can't remember) contract, and then all Nancy did was rant about how he didn't want to upset the employer.

Yep, made that mistake. Actually, it's neither a DOD or DOE contract.

Tom

So it was you that called?

latimer
2004-Jun-22, 07:16 AM
Hello,

But the next caller did the same thing, arguing with her, and he made sure to say that he wasn't governmentally employed. :lol:

Yeah. That was *me!* :) And I am *not* governmentally employed; in fact I own my own business.

I would humbly ask for a copy. I wish I had had more than three minutes to yak, though. She was leading herself RIGHT into deep waters...particularly with the 'pattern recognition software' in telescopes.

Perhaps next time.

Heh.

Jonathan
-It doesn't matter yadda yadda-

Lycus
2004-Jun-22, 07:38 AM
Perhaps next time.

Heh.

Yeah, aren't you going to have a big on-air debate with her next time! :)

Did you contact Lou?

latimer
2004-Jun-22, 08:08 AM
Perhaps next time.

Heh.

Yeah, aren't you going to have a big on-air debate with her next time! :)

Did you contact Lou?

I dropped him an email.

We'll see what happens...there are a LOT of 'ifs' I imagine. But it would be simply fascinating; even though it is fixing the barn door after the horse has moved *into the house...*

Jonathan
-It doesn't matter yadda yadda-

tmosher
2004-Jun-22, 11:33 AM
I would humbly ask for a copy. I wish I had had more than three minutes to yak, though. She was leading herself RIGHT into deep waters...particularly with the 'pattern recognition software' in telescopes.

Yeah, I made a recording. Took me forever to find a program that would convert the WAV files into MP3's. Still had a problem on the conversion - last segment is only 5:34 long - something was going on with my software.

I'll see if I can figure out what happened when I get time tonight. Time to go to work.

I was the first caller last night. I get aggravated sometimes when I'm dealing with her.

Tom

R.A.F.
2004-Jun-22, 01:56 PM
but I also "love" them because they make me argue out loud to nobody in particular and they make me try to think of new ways to show how they're wrong.

I "kinda" feel the same way about the Apollo Hoax. When I first came to this board, I thought I knew just about everything there was to know about the Apollo landings. Then 2 things happened... I found that to discuss the hoax I had to know a lot more about Apollo to accurately debate the points raised. And I "met" JayUtah...who does know all the "nuts and bolts" of these arguments.

I've found that the same thing applies to the other wacky ideas...(planet X, UFO's, etc.)...for me it's all been a learning experience.

There's a lot of brain power "floating around" on this board...and I just "love" to soak up that knowledge!

Wolverine
2004-Jun-23, 04:53 AM
Some great quote-ish things so far: Nancy saying that Planet X is like Gandolf (sp?) from Lord of the Rings saying "You shall not pass!" to Earth.

Yeah, except she said something to the effect of "the white-haired guy on that one bridge"...

Perhaps we need to create Gandalf's Law, which would state: if you must resort to the use of a Tolkien reference in order to make a point, being unable to even name the character/event in question (moreso if the infraction comes in the way of constructing a fallacious analogy concerning paranormal claims), you automatically lose by default.

:lol:

Lycus
2004-Jun-23, 05:52 AM
Has WolfKC ever made a "Gandalf vs. PX" picture? If not, this would be a good time for it. :)