PDA

View Full Version : This phone company.

Buttercup
2011-Sep-08, 03:43 PM
All stressed out and no one to choke. :)

Mid-July, husband and I decided to consolidate phone service & DSL. My office phone # would be gone, consolidated with home phone #.

This was supposed to occur on August 1.

Then we changed our minds. I called phone company one week prior to August 1, canceled those plans. Cancellation confirmed.

Everything was to be left as is.

Last week husband got phone bill for home phone #. The phone company had added DSL service and charge to it. :doh: WRONG.

I called phone company on Tuesday Sept. 6. Reviewed history with them. Had canceled previous plans. Home phone # should NOT have DSL.

Apology. Change made. No additional charges.

Today I get online (office #). Everything's fine until 2 hours ago. Suddenly I don't have DSL! :confused:

We troubleshot. Turns out (discovered by accident, by me) that the office phone # is now ALSO the home phone #! :confused: :mad:

How am I currently online posting this? I attached the old dial-up modem and dialed in with company toll-free #. Which is fine, but I still cannot work (new account requires high-speed/DSL access). :(

So HOPEFULLY the phone repairman will be here tomorrow, sometime between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.

The Backroad Astronomer
2011-Sep-08, 03:46 PM
It's all an conspiracy between the phone company and post office so you will never be able to communicate with outside world.

Whirlpool
2011-Sep-10, 04:40 PM
It buys them time .. especially the Dial -up ....:lol: