PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Deleted Scene

NEOWatcher
2011-Sep-08, 05:40 PM
I saw a reference to this article today, and thought this would be a good place to gather opinions.
'Empire Strikes Back' deleted scene: You could cut Han and Leia's sexual tension with a lightsaber (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/09/06/star-wars-empire-strikes-back-deleted-scene/#more-46777)

It's a newly released deleted scene coming out in next week's blue ray release, which fans seem to be glad was cut.

To me it starts off sounding like it fits. Farther in, I don't think it sits well. But; that could just be because of the decades of remembering them how they were.
But; that "Hot shot" line just seems out of character. Somehow, I think of Emelia Earhart when she says that.

Fazor
2011-Sep-08, 08:32 PM
I think it fits. I also think it's unnecessary to add it back in. I'm really hoping that we get a few dozen new video formats before Lucas kicks the bucket. When he totally runs out of unused stuff to add back in, I'd love to see what else he dreams up.

"Star Wars Holocube Collector's Edition - Now with animated stink lines in all of Jabba's scenes!"

SkepticJ
2011-Sep-09, 12:33 AM
I don't like it. The acting isn't very good.

Fazor
2011-Sep-10, 01:54 AM
I don't like it. The acting isn't very good.

Show me a scene in SW where the acting was very good. It's really all pretty cheesy. But the originals at least had charm. Georgy is doing everything he can to get rid of that though.

SkepticJ
2011-Sep-10, 10:22 PM
Show me a scene in SW where the acting was very good. It's really all pretty cheesy.

I don't mean the characters act like real people would, but that they don't seem to be acting. That's what good-acting is. Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones doesn't seem to be acting. He really is the whip-cracking adventuring archaeologist. Sean Connery really is a spy with a penchant for martinis and bedding women.

Tuckerfan
2011-Sep-11, 06:24 AM
Frankly, I enjoyed the sniping from Comic Book Guy wannabes in the comments more than I did the clip.

Middenrat
2011-Sep-12, 03:07 AM
The dialogue is half cooked, best left on the cutting-room floor. Gutsy acting, there is a certain Peruvian charge about it.

novaderrik
2011-Sep-16, 07:58 AM
there is another deleted scene that wound up getting changed for the original theatrical release..

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/funny-gifs-alderaan-shot-first.gif

apparently, Alderran shot first..

Mod note: A very funny animated gif, and everyone should click on it, but it's over 1MB!

Mellow
2011-Sep-20, 01:34 PM
In short, watched the deleted scene, thought it was best left on the floor. SOAP!

jokergirl
2011-Sep-20, 01:47 PM
I don't mean the characters act like real people would, but that they don't seem to be acting. That's what good-acting is. Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones doesn't seem to be acting. He really is the whip-cracking adventuring archaeologist. Sean Connery really is a spy with a penchant for martinis and bedding women.

And the father of the whip-cracking adventuring archaeologist.

;)

novaderrik
2011-Sep-21, 05:48 AM
And the father of the whip-cracking adventuring archaeologist.

;)

and a Russian submarine captain that speaks with a Scottish accent.

Mr Gorsky
2011-Sep-27, 07:45 PM
and a Russian submarine captain that speaks with a Scottish accent.

As well as an Irish-American policeman ... with a Scottish accent.