PDA

View Full Version : TV interview

The Bad Astronomer
2001-Nov-06, 10:00 PM
For those who get TechTV: I'll be interviewed live on the show Call For Help on Thursday at 2:20 p.m. Pacific time. I have no idea what this will be like, except I suspect I'll have to be a bit wacky, which shouldn't be too hard. I'll be talking about meteorites and toilets. The link is http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp to go directly to the show's page.

Mr. X
2001-Nov-06, 10:24 PM
Toilets! I didn't know you were a plumber in your spare time! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulations once more, Bad Astronomer!

Mr. Wree
2001-Nov-06, 10:42 PM
<<...I'll be talking about meteorites and toilets...>>

That only makes sense if you're talking airplane toilets.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

David Hall
2001-Nov-07, 01:11 PM
I don't think toilets would be able to handle meteorites very well. I mean, if I tried to flush any sizable one down my toilet, I'd only cause a right mess and get my landord angry at me. Maybe this tech show is about current NASA studies on designing a meteorite-capable toilet?

Or is it about designs for toilets that can withstand impacts from meteorites? Considering the energies involved in a large strike, I think that goal would be close to impossible.

Ok, third possibility. A toilet made out of meteorite material. Now that would be cool! I'd take one of those. They'd probably be pretty expensive though.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OK, whatever it's about, congratulations BA. I wish I could see it. Don't get that channel over here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garrette
2001-Nov-09, 12:14 PM
Well? How'd it go? And is there a link somewhere?

The Bad Astronomer
2001-Nov-09, 04:22 PM
Well? How'd it go? And is there a link somewhere?

I think it went really well. It was a lot of fun! There is a piece I wrote for them at http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp but so far no streaming video. They said it should be up today sometime though.

Hat Monster
2001-Nov-11, 08:37 PM
No sign of anything BA on that link.

The Bad Astronomer
2001-Nov-12, 09:48 PM
The video link is up! Go to the TechTV page (http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/projects/story/0,24330,3359017,00.html) and there below the title is a link to the streaming video of the interview.

It's always weird to see myself on TV. Hopefully someday I'll be able to get used to it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Anyway, I am hoping to be back on the show occassionally too. Maybe for some more movie reviews...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Bad Astronomer on 2001-11-12 16:49 ]</font>

James
2001-Nov-13, 12:55 AM
Very nice, Phil. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I hope that you do go back on. Maybe I'll catch it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Donnie B.
2001-Nov-13, 02:06 AM
Hey, nice!

I was thinking I'd say that it was a trip to see the BA web site so big... until I realized it was in one tiny corner of my monitor, and I see it far bigger than that every time I log on.

All relative, I guess... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif