PDA

View Full Version : No Moon? (News to me)

Geo3gh
2002-May-06, 09:26 PM
OK, this one got me. I don't know how serious they are, but this site ('http://www.reptiles.org/~madrev/Moon/Moon3.htm') maintains that there is no Moon.

I guess someone felt they had to do the Apollo Moon HBs one better.

Oy vey. Some people should not be allowed to own computers.

Jim
2002-May-06, 10:53 PM
This is obviously a parody site... and a good one! It mimics many of the Apollo HB sites...

Another impossibility that has always been an embarrassment to the scientific establishment is the obvious fact that an object as heavy as the moon, caught in the earth’s gravity, would inevitably come crashing down upon us...

They even have the math to prove this.

A cash reward of $100,000 has been offered to anyone who can send us, by e-mail, conclusive physical evidence of the existence of the moon. This reward remains unclaimed.

Email physical evidence? Ri-i-i-ight.

No photographs were ever taken of the moon until the 1850’s.

Really?

For more revisionist proof of photo tampering by the establishment, go to Photo Evidence of the non-existence of Winnipeg.

Okay, now this one is a possibility.

Wiley
2002-May-06, 11:07 PM
Excellent site. Although it might be a parody of holocaust-denial as opposed to moon-landing HB's. From the introduction:

In 1995, the American Historical Association, in an attempt to stifle revisionist scholarship, marked the 50th anniversary of the defeat of Nazism with a resolution calling on scholars to "initiate plans now to study the significance of the Holocaust." This, however, was not enough of a blow to free academic discourse for the enemies of truth. The president of the AHA, William Leuchtenburg, was asked why the resolution did not go so far as to explicitly recognize the Holocaust as a fact of history. He answered that for a group of historians to say that there had been a Holocaust was tantamount to "an organization of astronomers saying there is a moon."
Also on his main page, there are links to sites and books the debunk holocaust-denial.

Geo3gh
2002-May-07, 02:31 AM
OK, they got me. Call me a sucker. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was at work when I found it and didn't have time to work through the entire site. I wish I had. Good on them.

The Curtmudgeon
2002-May-07, 10:25 PM
Yes, this is a real pearl of a site: they "successfully" tackle such obvious hoaxes as the Moon, the Titanic, the Irish Potato Famine, and the like. Consider this one bookmarked! They're very, very good. Parody done right.

Also note that on their Moon hoax write-up, they very considerately put two good links for "the other side" of the argument. Pity they didn't list BA, but they did link to NASA.

The (thanx for posting the link, Geo3gh, even if they did hook you) Curtmudgeon

David Hall
2002-May-08, 02:47 AM
Ah. I thought I remembered this page. This is part of the same site that was posted here once on the old board. I finally found my bookmark to it. The main "moon hoax" page is actually here:

http://www.reptiles.org/~madrev/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

Pretty great stuff.

Geo3gh
2002-May-08, 04:17 AM
On 2002-05-07 18:25, The Curtmudgeon wrote:
The (thanx for posting the link, Geo3gh, even if they did hook you) Curtmudgeon

'Twas nothing. I live but to serve. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ad Hominid
2002-May-08, 08:47 AM
I dropped them an e-mail plugging this site:
<blockquote>"Hi Mad;
Many thanks for your excellent page exposing the evil lunar-lie establishment. You might want to add <a href=http://www.badastronomy.com>Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy</a> to your links list. These dupes and disinformation agents are even more fanatical than NASA in their adherence to the moon myth. They even, so help me, believe that NASA's fable about men landing on the moon is true, despite the fine investigative work done by Fox TV, Richard Belzer, the Taliban, and many others. Many visitors attempt to enlighten them, only to be drowned out in doubletalk about "facts" "logic" and "integrity". These truthsaying visitors are perhaps handicapped by their own continued belief in the moon's existence, which concedes a fair part of the Establishment Conspiracy's case."</blockquote>

SpacedOut
2002-May-08, 11:50 AM
Geo3gh – Thanks for the link – I have to admit I was sucked in for a while as well!

And to Ad Hominid
– Are you a writer for the Mad Revisionist? Based on your email you should be. Great stuff!

Pi Man
2002-May-11, 02:06 AM
Ooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy. Assume for a moment that the moon doesn't cause tides. If it doesn't, what does? The government and their great big "Tide Hoaxer 2000" at the ocean floor? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Try inducing static electricity on the rubber ball mentioned in the experiment:

<hr>
Do an experiment: take a rubber ball and suspend it above a bathtub full of water. Now slowly move the ball closer to the water. Does the level of the water change? Not even slightly. So much for the tides myth.
<hr>
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That will move water, especially if you move it near a thin stream of running water from the faucet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pi Man on 2002-05-10 22:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pi Man on 2002-05-10 22:08 ]</font>