PDA

View Full Version : How you doin'?

nosbig5
2011-Sep-22, 12:27 PM
I'm wrapping up my second week with my new best friend, "Viral Upper Respiratory Infection." No symptoms other than a constant tickly throat and a cough that won't quit, especially when I lay down to sleep. So I've been walking around in a fog induced by sleep deprivation & tussin+codeine, and yesterday I had the good fortune to pull a rib muscle while hacking. Looking forward to a pleasant day!

So, how you doin'?

LookingSkyward
2011-Sep-22, 12:33 PM
Aak! Take care of yourself, and hope you're feeling better soon!

Swift
2011-Sep-22, 01:25 PM
I'm wrapping up my second week with my new best friend, "Viral Upper Respiratory Infection." No symptoms other than a constant tickly throat and a cough that won't quit, especially when I lay down to sleep. So I've been walking around in a fog induced by sleep deprivation & tussin+codeine, and yesterday I had the good fortune to pull a rib muscle while hacking. Looking forward to a pleasant day!

So, how you doin'?
:( VURI said I was his only friend. Now I find out he's been two-timing on me. What a creep!

nosbig5
2011-Sep-22, 01:57 PM
Aak! Take care of yourself, and hope you're feeling better soon!

Thanks, Looking Skyward.

VURI said I was his only friend. Now I find out he's been two-timing on me. What a creep!

I know! Every time I turn around, there he is. Now he's started glomming onto all of my friends that he meets, which makes them angry with me. I wish I'd never met him.

LookingSkyward
2011-Sep-22, 02:04 PM
What a bum!

nosbig5
2011-Sep-22, 08:57 PM
Am I the first cold of the winter season, or have others beaten me to it?

Buttercup
2011-Sep-22, 10:11 PM
Hope you get better soon!

I'm rather tired/fatigued today. A slightly aching back.

Nothing a good night's sleep (and 2 ibuprofen) won't fix...

closetgeek
2011-Sep-22, 11:20 PM

So, how you doin'?

I don't mean to scare you but my boyfriend went through that for about six months. He had every test, known to man and the only thing they found was a tiny white lump on his vocal chords, which the ENT doesn't believe had anything to do with the cough. First they called it a URI, then they thought he had asthma, then they thought he had Sarcoidosis; he had an endoscopy, a bronchoscopy with a lung biopsy, X-rays, a body scan, followed by a nuclear body scan (the name escapes me), blood tests up the whazoo and they found nothing. Just like you, he eventually pulled a muscle in his rib, which couldn't heal because he couldn't stop coughing. After trying dozens of different types of medications, to no avail, it just stopped, one day.

I hope you get rid of it soon, though.

elizabeth25
2011-Sep-23, 12:03 AM
Am I the first cold of the winter season, or have others beaten me to it?

I got my winter cold about a month ago, and still wont go away, getting on my nerves now, my dr is stupid every time i go back he gives me the same meds, obvious they dont work. I get this cold about 3 times a year and lasts about 2 months at a time. :( fed up with it, constantly feeling drained, not good when i have 2 children to run around after,

nosbig5
2011-Sep-23, 01:55 PM
I hope you get rid of it soon, though.
Thanks, closetgeek, you are a ray of sunshine on a dreary day!

Luckmeister
2011-Sep-23, 06:09 PM
Look at it this way; your immune system is getting a workout and will be stronger as a result. To me, that may be a reason why preventing the common cold might not be a good idea.

rigel
2011-Sep-23, 06:23 PM
I have been coughing more than usual this past month. With all the rain, it seems to be a response to mold.

Donnie B.
2011-Sep-24, 10:28 PM
Gee, thanks everybody. Now I feel a cold coming on.

I've heard of computer viruses but this is ridiculous.

:doh:

nosbig5
2011-Sep-26, 12:57 PM
Two straight nights of sleep - feel great this morning!

Although I'm probably just being set-up for the big one to come. Time to start sucking down OJ.