PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of a Dr Karl Hoffenheimer?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-15, 02:13 PM
I was just browsing a forum called Digital Spy when this strange thread appeared called "Scientists report 15/10/11 as dawn of new age!". http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1554792

Obviously this poster is not good at posting links, but from what I have gathered this is what the message is:

Scientists at the renowned London institute of Physics have made a significant breakthrough in pinpointing the exact day, where due to extensive and groundbreaking research the best cycle of time for the dawn of a new age will occur.

Doctor Karl Hoffenheimer 53, who has 27 years experience of stem cell research from his native New York University background has hailed the findings as 'groundbreaking'.

Dr Hoffenheimer is quoted as saying "I'd originally started similar research in the late 1980's as my first steps towards my own initial degree in Physics. Since moving to London 7 years ago and having both the opportunity AND funding to continue my research into the dawn of a new age, the institute's faith and hard work has finally paid off.

After several neurological and physiological tests on brain matter and cycles of time in history where upon new ages have not only begun but people have been scientifically proven to be happier - I can confirm that the dawn of this new age wherby people can effectively say and also have scientific backup that it is the 1st day of the rest of their lives is - 15/10/2011."

Here is the suppose picture of Hoffenheimer:

http://www.y12.doe.gov/news/report/2_2/img/418704.jpg

Anyone know what is going on?

Trebuchet
2011-Oct-15, 02:28 PM
Other than in digitalspy, Google has not. Not a good sign.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-15, 02:39 PM
Hmm. What is he actually talking about?

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-15, 02:55 PM
. . . - I can confirm that the dawn of this new age wherby people can effectively say and also have scientific backup that it is the 1st day of the rest of their lives is - 15/10/2011.

So the scientific breakthrough is that today is the first day of the rest of our lives?

I think someone's perpetrating a joke.

Cougar
2011-Oct-15, 03:14 PM
Anyone know what is going on?

Yeah, I'll tell you what's going on. It's time Dr. Karl Hoffenheimer trimmed his eyebrows.

R.A.F.
2011-Oct-15, 03:37 PM
Hmm. What is he actually talking about?

On the 2nd page of the linked thread, Shevchenko (who seems to be the only person on the planet to know about this), states...

Dr Hoffenheimer and his research team have come to the conclusion that tommorrow represents the most likely period for peoples to mark it as a designated axis of time in their life as the 1st day of the rest of their lives and thus (if subscribed to enough) - the dawn of a new 'positive' age.

...and then in his next post...

Enough peoples just need to believe and look for their heartbeat in the sky.

So it seems to be one of those "if you will only believe" type of "new age ideas".

Personally, I won't be wasting any more time "thinking" about it...it'll just give me a head ache. :)

Celestial Mechanic
2011-Oct-16, 04:12 AM
Is there a possibility that this might be some joke, a spoof on the usual new age silliness? I know it's not April 1st, but ...

Tensor
2011-Oct-16, 04:58 AM
Is there a possibility that this might be some joke, a spoof on the usual new age silliness? I know it's not April 1st, but ...

Well, taking the date 15/10/2011, subtract 1 from the 5, add each of the digits of the 10 together, and you get 4/1/2011. Which is April 1st in the notation usually used in the US. So, 15/10/2011 is code for an April first joke. You just have to know the code.....Awwwww, jeeeeeeezzz, I've been spending too much time in ATM....

Garrison
2011-Oct-16, 11:34 AM
Digitialspy is basically a TV and entertainment forum, so I wouldn't take anything posted there too seriously.

R.A.F.
2011-Oct-16, 03:27 PM
I've been spending too much time in ATM....

I don't know which is worse...that you posted that "stuff', or that I was actually following your argument. :)

captain swoop
2011-Oct-16, 03:58 PM
I can't see anything that falls within the rules of the Conspiracy Forum.

I am closing this thread. If anyone thinks it should be open then report this post.

aliensdidit Please read the rules for posting and advice for posters linked at the bottom of this post