PDA

View Full Version : How eccentric do you consider yourself?

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2004-Jul-05, 12:03 PM
How eccentric do you consider yourself?

slow day

beck0311
2004-Jul-05, 04:50 PM
I guess I am the only one so far that considers himself normal. I just think to be truly eccentric one must be rich or smart or talented, which I am not...wow that's depressing, I'm going back to bed.

zebo-the-fat
2004-Jul-05, 09:12 PM
I'm normal.... the rest of the world is crazy! :D

Sammy
2004-Jul-05, 09:42 PM
I'm not eccentric. I am the STANDARD deviation! :P

Ut
2004-Jul-05, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty crazy, but I also know some real loons. So I can't, in my modesty, consider myself anything more than moderate.

ToSeek
2004-Jul-05, 11:12 PM
I left my current position a few years ago, and one of my closest coworkers put together a list of the Top Ten Things they would remember about me. This included certain nervous tics (like flipping my pen in my fingers), an addiction to fig newtons, and going through the men's room trash looking for toiler paper rolls for our gerbils to chew on. So I guess I rank fairly high on the "eccentric" scale.

Lurker
2004-Jul-05, 11:20 PM
I think I am pretty eccentric. I haven't had a chance to have a lot of society's "norms" instilled in me since I have been pretty out of it for a long time....

xbck1
2004-Jul-06, 01:38 AM
Eccentric? I'm not eccentric, I'm crazy!

R.A.F.
2004-Jul-06, 09:22 AM
Mrs. R.A.F. when she saw this said, "this is opening a "can of worms". :)

Yeah, I'm the comic book guy...I'm also interested in how everything "works"...I also tend to laugh a LOT...it's just my nature to.

genebujold
2004-Jul-06, 10:06 AM
Just a sigma or so from the norm... Why?

genebujold
2004-Jul-06, 10:08 AM
I guess I am the only one so far that considers himself normal. I just think to be truly eccentric one must be rich or smart or talented, which I am not...wow that's depressing, I'm going back to bed.

Hate to break it to you, but... Only eccentric people identify a trend from two points of data!

R.A.F.
2004-Jul-06, 10:12 AM
I just think to be truly eccentric one must be rich or smart or talented...

Well, I got 2 out of 3! :lol:

MentalAvenger
2004-Jul-06, 10:39 AM
I am probably considered by many people to be very eccentric. I rarely take the “normal answer” to be the correct one, I usually question everything. I rarely take partisan sides. but rather decide my issues on a case-by-case basis. I often create novel (and I consider better) solutions for many ordinary tasks. (example: When slicing a small piece of cheese off a 1 pound block in a plastic package, use a table knife, and leave the cheese in the package. You will find that the selected slice of cheese is cut from the block without breaking the plastic or dirtying the knife.) I have developed hundreds of time saving (and energy saving) procedures which I use every day, that often perturb or amuse friends and family. I don’t mind; if it is a more efficient procedure, I use it.

Essan
2004-Jul-06, 11:08 AM
Eccentric? Nah, it's perfectly normal to want to spend the rest of your life leaving in a cave on a remote island all on your own. Isn't it?