PDA

View Full Version : I saw Jesus in his underwear

peterkienle
2011-Oct-17, 03:42 AM
Last week I was drafted to play guitar in "Jesus Christ Superstar". Ironic, because I haven't been religious in a long time and have been reading up on the roots of that particular religion just recently. But it paid OK and while I wouldn't find the music that interesting to listen to it was fun to play (my musical background is in the 1970's and the guitar parts are pretty open. I did get a few good comments about my usage of David Gilmore and Mahavishnu vocabulary).

Having packed up after the last show today I made one more trip to the green room/bath room only to run into Jesus! He had just taken his cloak off (to take a leak, I guess) and forgotten to lock the door. Funny, the actor looked like I imagined Jesus to look like when my mom still dragged me to church.

Jim
2011-Oct-17, 11:56 AM
Good casting, huh?

I saw JCS at the height of its popularity at a theater-in-the-round. Very entertaining.

NEOWatcher
2011-Oct-17, 03:05 PM
I saw JCS at the height of its popularity at a theater-in-the-round. Very entertaining.
Same here (except the round part). Even though I was only marginally exposed to religion growing up, it didn't really matter. There was some really good music from it. (I used to have a sheet music book for piano for that, too bad it's long gone)

He didn't have the corresponding tattoo to "Jesus is coming, look busy", did he?

Swift
2011-Oct-17, 03:24 PM
I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus. ;)

I also saw JCSS back on Broadway in the 1970s when it first opened, and recall liking the musical, in spite of any conflicts between it and my religious beliefs.