PDA

View Full Version : My Sci-fi Movie

Luckmeister
2011-Oct-21, 02:39 AM
The NOVA tv show last night on possible life in our solar system has inspired me to go back to work on my sci-fi movie The Titan Smog Monster. So far I've only made the theater poster but hey, that's a start. :lol:

PaulLogan
2011-Oct-21, 02:45 AM
looks more like a hairy monster than a smog monster.
but the poster doesn't look bad at all.

when does the shooting start?

Swift
2011-Oct-21, 03:00 AM
I like the NASA rowboat. Though I suspect they would call it the Reusable Operational Watercraft for Basic Observation And Telemetry, or something like that.

R.A.F.
2011-Oct-21, 03:05 AM
I like the NASA rowboat. Though I suspect they would call it the Reusable Operational Watercraft for Basic Observation And Telemetry, or something like that.

Although it took me a second, I see what you did there. :)

FarmMarsNow
2011-Oct-21, 03:10 AM
Idea for your trailer.
"Did you call Mission Control? I've been trying but there's no signal. Should have gone with Verizon. Shouldn't have got rid of the space shuttle. Yeah. On another subject the smellometer is going crazy, and I think its detecting something very big. The computer says it smells like dehydrated space peas that have been left out too long. I think we found something..."

Luckmeister
2011-Oct-21, 03:14 AM
when does the shooting start?

The "shooting" starts as soon as the astronauts see the monster.

The NASA rowboat is called the MMM (Manned Methane Maneuverer). It was contracted out to 3M.

Luckmeister
2011-Oct-21, 03:32 AM
looks more like a hairy monster than a smog monster.
but the poster doesn't look bad at all.

Actually, I adapted the poster from the 1976 flick Creature From Black Lake (http://www.bmoviegraveyard.com/reviews/C/CreatureFromBlackLake/).

redshifter
2011-Oct-21, 05:47 PM
Are you going on location for shooting this movie? If so, can I be an extra? Heck, I'll even row/paddle the rowboat!

BTW I saw the Nova special about life in the solar system as well, pretty good stuff! I didn't realize it was 2 hrs, so well into the first hour I was thinking "why so much coverage devoted just to Mars?" I thought they did a good job explaining tidal forces in the Jovian system and I also learned a lot more about Enceladus.

AndreH
2011-Oct-21, 07:48 PM

:clap::clap:
Immediately had the idea to do something similair. Never would have managed to do so in 20 minutes

Luckmeister
2011-Oct-21, 08:23 PM
Are you going on location for shooting this movie? If so, can I be an extra? Heck, I'll even row/paddle the rowboat!

BTW I saw the Nova special about life in the solar system as well, pretty good stuff! I didn't realize it was 2 hrs, so well into the first hour I was thinking "why so much coverage devoted just to Mars?" I thought they did a good job explaining tidal forces in the Jovian system and I also learned a lot more about Enceladus.

Location shooting is planned for a chemical company's toxic waste dump near where I live. We're waiting approval by the EPA but they're insisting we wear HazMat suits instead of the NASA spacesuits we had originally planned for. They said the NASA suits aren't EPA-rated for toxic sites. Darn bureaucracy!! :evil:

Yeah, I thought the NOVA show was very well done.

redshifter
2011-Oct-21, 10:35 PM
Location shooting is planned for a chemical company's toxic waste dump near where I live. We're waiting approval by the EPA but they're insisting we wear HazMat suits instead of the NASA spacesuits we had originally planned for. They said the NASA suits aren't EPA-rated for toxic sites. Darn bureaucracy!! :evil:

Yeah, I thought the NOVA show was very well done.

Shucks...there goes my trip to Titan :cry: