PDA

View Full Version : Mayan filmakers release photos that will "prove" that the Mayans met aliens

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 07:46 PM
You may have seen previous articles about the whole documantary on the Mayans meeting ET that was going to have "goverment proof" with new evidence never before released was close (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/sep/29/mayan-documentary-alien-mexico). Well new information has come out and they have released a picture that will be part of the new so called revelations and evidence of Mayans being vistied by aliens and the so called cover up of these facts.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=678294

I'm not sure if the picture in question is the one they are talking about (I can't find the original Wired news piece) but the director makes the claim that Steven Hawking agrees with him and has contacted him about it all:

And Julia-Levy then passed along a direct quote that, he claimed, came from no less than Stephen Hawking, whom he said "is going to work with us" and will be included in his film: "'I warn humanity that aliens are out there. Just because the aliens were friends with the Mayans doesn't mean they are our friends. Humans should avoid contact with aliens at all costs.'"

An email sent to a representative for Hawking asking about the authenticity of the quote was not answered.

Hawking has in the past said that that alien life is likely to exist in the universe ("to my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly natural"), and has speculated about the dangers of contact.

"If aliens ever visit us," Hawking has said, "I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

TheWrap has been unable to unearth any instances of Hawking saying anything about the aliens ever contacting or being friends with the Mayans.

But Julia-Levy insisted that the words are Hawking's

It then starts to enter conspiracy territory when the picture in questions was "moved about" by the Mexican and US goverment

After the photo was taken in the late 1930s, he said, it was published only once, in a magazine that was then immediately withdrawn from circulation by "the government of England."

He also said the head depicted in the photo, 17 meters (51 feet) tall and six meters wide, is no longer in the Guatemalan jungle but has been moved to the United States and hidden.

"I was informed by officials in the government of Guatemala that the U.S. government brought it here," he said.

Also, does anybody have information about a guy called Hector E. Meija? Apparently he gives details about the structure in question and links it with all other structures, which might undermine his credibility when he says which ones:

The monument, according to an accompanying letter by archaeologist Hector E. Mejia, dates back to between 3,500 and 5,000 B.C. and is evidence of a superior civilization unlike any known to have lived on Earth.

Mejia described the photograph as being "of a bust which at first glance can be seen to have an elongated cranium and fine characteristics which are not consistent with pre-Hispanic races of America."

"I certify that this monument presents no characteristics of Maya, Nahuatl, Olmec or any other pre-Hispanic civilization," he wrote. "It was created by an extraordinary and superior civilization with awesome knowledge of which there is no record of existence on this planet."

It then tries to play up Meija's credentials by explaining that he is an archaeologist that will be part of team of archaeologist and Scientists that will prove that the evidence makes the major claim fact. I guess its to try and quell ideas that it will just be done by filmakers and won't be peered review or go through the norrmal proccesses. Although I'm not sure if this will all be published in a science journal before the movie is released.

According to Meija, "The creative style is not consistent with the civilizations that inhabited the southern coast of Guatemala prior to the arrival of the Spaniards ... It is indisputably pre-Olmec and pre-Maya ... [O]ne can assign an age between 3,500 and 5,000 BC."

Mejia is a licensed archaeologist affiliated with the Atlas Arqueological de Guatemala and the Institute of Anthropology and History in Guatemala, and with the University of San Carlos. His statement was written in Spanish; TheWrap had it translated.

Mejia goes on to compare it to other monuments, including "the Moais of Easter Island," "the Pascual Abaj monument ... in Guatemala" and "the Great Sphinx in Egypt." He said it was "created by an extraordinary and superior civilization" that "settled in the south of Guatemala and from there shone its light and knowledge on the hunter gatherers who were its first students and received its teachings."

Julia-Levy said that Mejia is part of an international team of archaeologists and other professionals assembled by the filmmakers because they are "willing to tell the world the truth" about the Mayan/alien connection.

"We have a gang of archaeologists and scholars and scientists that are going to come forward and show everything they have," he said.

And, he swears, governments will do the same.

"I was told by the officials that the Mayans and the extraterrestrials had a history of exchange," he said. "This is official. This is as official as it can get."

Added Julia-Levy, "The world hasn't seen this. Nobody has seen this. But there's no doubt in my mind that the world is ready for the truth.

"This is going to create a worldwide impact in how people see things."

So with all the claims being made, the alledge Stephen Hawking approval and the picture in question. Is this really the sign of a shocking neew revelation or just a publicity stunt to try and get more media attention/ Since this is not exactly making huge news headlines.

Noclevername
2011-Oct-28, 07:49 PM
Publicity stunt.

Tedward
2011-Oct-28, 08:07 PM
Someone wants to sell a film and someone wants the tourists. Win win. Methinks the truth will be in the sales of tickets, and no more.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-28, 08:10 PM
One thing to ask yourself is "What does Stephen Hawking know about archaeology that's relevant?", which should be followed by the immediate "Not a damn thing".

Irrelevant namedropping is a major-league red flag right there.

And their proof for aliens is a stone head?
How does that work, exactly?

Give me a big stone, a good supply of smaller stones, a couple of extra guys and all the food and drink we want, and I'll make that head for you, no other tools involved. Nor any aliens.

A stone head isn't proof of anything other than human lived there and were prosperous enough to have time to spare.

Noclevername
2011-Oct-28, 08:10 PM
If Stephen Hawking had said any such thing, it would have been ALL over the regular news media.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-28, 08:13 PM
If Stephen Hawking had said any such thing, it would have been ALL over the regular news media.
Why? It's so far away from his field of expertise that he shouldn't tap his screen1 about it and noone should bother quoting him on it.

1) That initially read "open his mouth", but then I realized what I'd written

captain swoop
2011-Oct-28, 08:15 PM
Note the spelling 'Hawking' It's in the text you quote.

Paul Beardsley
2011-Oct-28, 08:17 PM
Note the spelling 'Hawking' It's in the text you quote.

Am I missing something? That is correct, is it not?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 08:20 PM
One thing to ask yourself is "What does Stephen Hawking know about archaeology that's relevant?", which should be followed by the immediate "Not a damn thing".

Irrelevant namedropping is a major-league red flag right there.

And their proof for aliens is a stone head?
How does that work, exactly?

Give me a big stone, a good supply of smaller stones, a couple of extra guys and all the food and drink we want, and I'll make that head for you, no other tools involved. Nor any aliens.

A stone head isn't proof of anything other than human lived there and were prosperous enough to have time to spare.

I think the special appeal is that it was shown in a magazine, then quickly supressed by the British government. Then and somehow was moved away from its original place by thhe US goverment. Has that ever happened before.

I've looked at the photo and unless it was an elaborate hoax with lots of expensive props being used, it does seem to indicate that the sculpture exist.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-28, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure if the picture in question is the one they are talking about (I can't find the original Wired news piece) but the director makes the claim that Steven Hawkins agrees with him and has contacted him about it all:

Note the spelling 'Hawking' It's in the text you quote.Am I missing something? That is correct, is it not?
Took me a bit to catch the meaning too.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-28, 08:23 PM
I think the special appeal is that it was shown in a magazine, then quickly supressed by the British government. Then and somehow was moved away from its original place by thhe US goverment. Has that ever happened before.

I've looked at the photo and unless it was an elaborate hoax with lots of expensive props being used, it does seem to indicate that the sculpture exist.
"suppressed by the government" <- strike two against it.

Yes, there's a head. So what? How does a stone head, which is well within the capabilities of even very primitive stone-tech people, prove aliens?

Strange
2011-Oct-28, 08:38 PM
I think the special appeal is that it was shown in a magazine, then quickly supressed by the British government.

Not very well "suppressed" if it is all over the Internet.

aliensdidit
Well if we go by on what the director said, he makes the claim:

After the photo was taken in the late 1930s, he said, it was published only once, in a magazine that was then immediately withdrawn from circulation by "the government of England."

He also said the head depicted in the photo, 17 meters (51 feet) tall and six meters wide, is no longer in the Guatemalan jungle but has been moved to the United States and hidden.

"I was informed by officials in the government of Guatemala that the U.S. government brought it here," he said.

Amazing to think that filming does not start until November.

Swift
I don't know one way or the other, but I'm willing to concede the sculpture exists. So what? It shows a rather human looking head. In what possible way does this indicate that ETs visited the Mayans?

Stone sculptures like this (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_79/1156258395h1WK2Y.jpg) are all over the top of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris (I have seen them with my own eyes and there are lots of pictures of them). Do you believe that they are proof of the visitation of rather funny looking ETs to France some time in the Middle Ages? If your answer is no, then why not?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 08:43 PM
Not very well "suppressed" if it is all over the Internet.

Well, if anybody could find that picture on the internet (unfortunatly not much detail is given on the oorigins of the photo) then it would certainly debunk the idea that it has been kept hidden until now.

Hal37214
2011-Oct-28, 08:55 PM
Well, if anybody could find that picture on the internet (unfortunatly not much detail is given on the oorigins of the photo) then it would certainly debunk the idea that it has been kept hidden until now.

On this highly dubious site, the author claims that he visited the site recently (1990s), and found that the stone head had been "destroyed by revolutionaries": http://www.philipcoppens.com/padilla.html

So, one unsubstantiated claim that the head was moved, another unsubstantiated claim that it was destroyed. Take your pick.

[Correction: The linked article claims that it was another individual, not the author, that visited the site and found that the head had been destroyed]

Strange
2011-Oct-28, 08:57 PM

I assumed it was the photo you linked to. But anyway, not everything from before the digital age is online (yet).

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 09:02 PM
I don't know one way or the other, but I'm willing to concede the sculpture exists. So what? It shows a rather human looking head. In what possible way does this indicate that ETs visited the Mayans?

Stone sculptures like this (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_79/1156258395h1WK2Y.jpg) are all over the top of the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris (I have seen them with my own eyes and there are lots of pictures of them). Do you believe that they are proof of the visitation of rather funny looking ETs to France some time in the Middle Ages? If your answer is no, then why not?

I guess its the argument they make that the sculpture is from around 3,500 B.C. to 5,000 B.C. The argument being that no sculpture was built at the time (I think). Is there any other monuments that are the same age as that or even older? Is it possible to move it to another location that the article claims?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 09:09 PM
On this highly dubious site, the author claims that he visited the site recently (1990s), and found that the stone head had been "destroyed by revolutionaries": http://www.philipcoppens.com/padilla.html

So, one unsubstantiated claim that the head was moved, another unsubstantiated claim that it was destroyed. Take your pick.

[Correction: The linked article claims that it was another individual, not the author, that visited the site and found that the head had been destroyed]

Really!? I must be reading the news article incorrectly. I'm getting a but confused on what they meant on some artifact being moved.

Edit: So we do have a conflict of interest, I guess we would need to get an expert in this field and the location that the face was located in.

Garrison
2011-Oct-28, 09:14 PM
Well if we go by on what the director said, he makes the claim:

Amazing to think that filming does not start until November.

Why exactly should we go by what the director says? He's offering nothing but a photograph that shows an entirely earthly statue.

Garrison
2011-Oct-28, 09:15 PM
I guess its the argument they make that the sculpture is from around 3,500 B.C. to 5,000 B.C. The argument being that no sculpture was built at the time (I think). Is there any other monuments that are the same age as that or even older? Is it possible to move it to another location that the article claims?

And how did they estimate the age of a statue they say isn't there any more?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 09:21 PM
After doing a google search by typing Stone Head Guatamala, I've I've got quite a few webits with the same article that was posted by Hal. They do seem to have been copied oon UFO sites such as this one: http://www.theufochronicles.com/2011/10/gigantic-stone-head-of-guatemala.html. Although the lack of serious hits and research on this is a bit puzzling and no research institute seems to have covered this.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 09:24 PM
And how did they estimate the age of a statue they say isn't there any more?

Thats where the confusion comes from. The only archaeologist covering this is the one in the original article. He is the one who classes the age and the only archaeologist that has seen to be covering this is in modern times.

Shaula
2011-Oct-28, 09:29 PM
So the Olmecs were around about 2,500 BCE. They were famous for carving giant stone heads. There were complex civilisations in the area from about 5,000 BCE. So which is more likely:
1) These early cultures made stone heads, a practise which carried on into the Olmec era.
2) Aliens did it.

Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm, I mean it is close but I think perhaps I will go with option one. Rather than the one that requires something never seen, with no evidence backing it, to come down and do something similar to what we know humans were doing a couple thousand years later at the most.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 09:49 PM
Unfortunatly my knowledge on this is.. well non existant. The idea that the artcle and some others are saying is that this stone has too many caucasian features and is out of place.

Shaula
2011-Oct-28, 09:57 PM
Then read up on it. Olmec heads are quite famous and the Caucasian thing has come up over and over. So has their supposed African features. Every time it has been shown that these are people seeing what they want to see. You are a history student, right? Go read up on Pre-Columbian history and assess what they are saying with respect to this critically. We cannot do your critical thinking for you - especially if you won't believe us over random internet pages. You need to read up on this, think about it and come to your own conclusions based on the data. Not just take their word for it

If you have reasoned arguments we can address them. But just "well they said" and "they think". OK - I can counter that with something just as strong. I say they are wrong. I say the heads are probably early examples of a known phenomenon. I say their interpretation of the heads is wrong. I say that there are no aliens. Why is this series of unjustified statements less convincing than theirs?

Strange
2011-Oct-28, 10:01 PM
Unfortunatly my knowledge on this is.. well non existant. The idea that the artcle and some others are saying is that this stone has too many caucasian features and is out of place.

That is entirely subjective: who are "some others"; what is "too many"; what does "caucasian" mean (in any objective, measurable sense); what does "out of place mean"?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 10:01 PM
Alrighty. I manage to come across a foreign news service that did an interview with the Director of this film, Raul Julia-Levy, and gives an insight into his motives and views. Unfortunatly it is only available in Spanish and I can only read it by copying and pasting it in google translate. I did notice that he claims Hawking and world leaders will be featured in this, to give their "message to humanity":

The producer of the documentary "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond", speaks during an interview about the project that will reveal information never before seen the Mayan civilization, and exclusively shares a proof of contact with aliens

Photo: Vanguard / The Universal

8retweet

Mexico, DF. Despite the documentary's producer and actor, Raul Julia Levy, has not started filming, and is news, because it has created great expectations in the environment worldwide.

Media like The Huffington Post, The Guardian and the British news agency Reuters have published their implementation, as Julia Levy said that in a cinematographic work shall disclose information that indicates that the Mayan civilization had contact with aliens.

In an interview De10.mx, Raul Julia Levy, said that while the project is being planned just about 10 years, his fascination with the Mayan culture began since childhood, when on a family farm, located in the state of Guanajuato He lived with children and families who had moved Mayas of Yucatan to shoal.

"I had a guy from an early obsession with the Mayan civilization, which for many world leaders and scientists, is considered the most advanced civilization of all time."

Over the years, Raul noticed how interest in the Maya world grew, but even had people who were not aware of that culture. "I found that there were those who did not even know who were the Mayans, and that was in 1985, chatting with some friends."

Their contact with Mayans and books that describe their culture, led him to meet new people who had knowledge of the Maya and to have closer relations with archaeological institutions and scientists in the field.

The documentary is titled Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond, which will begin filming on November 15 on location in the Mexican states of Campeche and Tabasco, and in Guatemala, had originally planned, was directed by filmmaker Juan Carlos Rulfo but the producer told us that Rulfo no longer part of the team due to other commitments, and that the American production house is financing the project, will present at the time who will eventually be the director.

Because the information covered in the documentary is considered classified by the governments of Mexico and Guatemala, which have given full support to the realization, there is great secrecy by those involved in the project.

Julia Levy decided to share this knowledge through a documentary, because it believes is the most appropriate way to reach new generations. "I think we've reached a point where we need to inform people of what is not told. For the purpose of giving to the world such sensitive information, it can be given in the form of newspapers or books, because almost no one reads. The most efficient way to make it known, is through movies. "

Maya talks with the council, the producer confirmed that indeed, the Mexican government had for years, unique things not made known, so it is expected that there are questions over why Mexico has kept secret information so important.

"When it comes to these issues is well known that governmental institutions do not want to educate people, because there are many very powerful interests, but still can not cover the sun with a finger. We are living in different times, in which the Unlike make the youth, who represent 75 percent of the population.

I've been discovering an important phenomenon that these generations are asking to be informed, they want to know the truth. We must make it known in a responsible manner in which we can assimilate this information together, to bring the course of the planet properly. "He said.

What you see in the film, tentatively be released in August 2012, are facts never before revealed. "The information that you are going to present to the world is urgent and critical, so we need to inform the chain of events that will happen, yes there is strong evidence, irrefutable contact between the Maya and extraterrestrials.

These tests are Mayan codices and books relating their experiences with beings from two major civilizations, which they describe as benevolent, humble beings and thoughts too high. One of them call it 'The gods from another dimension who visit us from heaven', the other names like 'The gods who came from the bottom of the sea'.

There is a third civilization with which they would not try, 'The men of the dark mind,' which is described as an arrogant and destructive civilization, so that when it came to invade your world, chose to leave. "

About this apparent escape, the producer said: "I do not mean that the Maya could not do anything for themselves, but it comes more capabilities than you have, there are things that can not be achieved if you have help from someone. "

According to Julia Levy, these Mayan million, in deciding to leave, they made sure to leave samples and evidence that they were a superior civilization. "It also says that if the man takes the course of the planet properly and responsibly, protecting what is around us, will be present again, along with the other two civilizations."

As indicated in the Mayan calendar is ending a cycle of 5125 years, which in our calendar would satisfy the December 12, 2012, date in which many media have reported that could be the day when the world ends .

About this belief, Julia Levy, says that in reality is a Hollywood invention, and that is completely wrong. "They have been attributed to the Maya, things are not right, for example, the end of the world. They never have said, it is never mentioned in any of the prophecies. Irresponsible media and even some knowing the truth , give publicity to this lie. It is a frightening lack of ethics of the media, to continue publishing it. "

The film will not only work with the revelation never before published data on the Maya, but also feature interviews and messages INAH Campeche, councils Maya of Mexico and Guatemala, archaeologists, scientists like Professor Stephen Hawking and world leaders important, who will give a message to humanity.

"In some of them I was surprised that they have a vast knowledge of the Maya, and when I spoke with them was very happy to be done showing the documentary evidence, showing gratitude and agreeing to participate in the documentary to give a message of peace and at the future, and together they make the world change. " Levy said

Although apparently the message seems to be only on a positive note, it is also a warning. "We must do things right, these are just the petals of the rose. Finished the cycle and cache 5 000 years, the next cycle is more catastrophic for humans. Still time to save us and protect us, make use of awareness and protect the planet.

The world we're taking it to destruction, it is said that the next cycle we will start in 2013, not the exact date because I have not seen the books yet, but I have heard that in one of these books is said to air call it 'The air of death', running masses breathing the air of death, to me it means a nuclear war, chemical warfare, we must do everything possible to make an appeal to the more developed countries in the world and Mayan prophecies take seriously. "

With the support of INAH Campeche, Julia Levy's team will have access to things that are not shown, as the council by Maya in Mexico and other evidence in Guatemala. "I have pictures I can not show are images that will open your mind to the world, and yes I have proof."

Exclusive to De10.mx, Raul Julia Levy, after a phone call and ask permission, provided one of those tests.

The producer said that it is the inscription on a stone about 3 feet high and 8 tons of weight. It is a Mayan leader in space which could be taking tea. At one extreme, is hard to see a big arm around him. This listing has been identified as: "The treaty maya alien."

The producer of Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond, knows what it will look in his documentary may not be accepted by many people, and argued about it: "I am not an archaeologist, I'm an actor and producer, I am not a scientist, I am support in scientific institutions and I am supporting in the Mayan culture, no one knows the story better like them.

It has always been people who oppose the truth, groups opposed to educating the world due to other interests. Events like what happened in Egypt, Gaddafi, the streets of Greece, are proof that it is not possible to control the masses. Why not tell people: This is what is happening, here's the proof, take your conclusions?

We are an arrogant civilization, how can we believe that we are alone in this universe that has no end? This is vague and stupid, we are a civilization failed, destructive, want to have fun through the pleasure of destroying what we see around us.

But even with all that arrogance and all that negativity, we are obliged to inform the young population, which represents 75 percent, that population is on facebook and twitter, social networking, kids who do not have any political and governmental interests, the new civilization that will rule the planet. They are the world's hope and change depends on us.

I think that the Maya civilization has left for us and humanity, which is of great value, which can hardly be compared to any information that any other civilization has brought us. "

http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/%C2%BFquepasoenmexico?fotodesmienteelmitomasfamoso delosmayas-1118513.html

He really is playing the idea of shattering revelations, such as leaking one of the things that will be featured.

Strange
2011-Oct-28, 10:02 PM
Why is this series of unjustified statements less convincing than theirs?

Because it is not on the Internet. Oh, hang on ...

eburacum45
2011-Oct-28, 10:04 PM
Is this the head hidden in the Simpsons' basement?

Shaula
2011-Oct-28, 10:12 PM
"I have proof but I cannot show it to you"

If he had proof he'd publish. Documentaries are generally worthless because you don't have to have them peer reviewed.

Please, stop with the believing everything. Think. Think for yourself. Of course he is pushing the idea that he will make shattering revelations. He wants to sell his movie. Would you by something that said "Packed with unfounded speculation, this film reveals nothing and is ultimately just a lot of tenuous ideas dressed up with misleading words and images. We got some famous scientists and quoted them out of context to appear to back up our claims! Buy this now!"

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 10:20 PM
Then read up on it. Olmec heads are quite famous and the Caucasian thing has come up over and over. So has their supposed African features. Every time it has been shown that these are people seeing what they want to see. You are a history student, right? Go read up on Pre-Columbian history and assess what they are saying with respect to this critically. We cannot do your critical thinking for you - especially if you won't believe us over random internet pages. You need to read up on this, think about it and come to your own conclusions based on the data. Not just take their word for it

If you have reasoned arguments we can address them. But just "well they said" and "they think". OK - I can counter that with something just as strong. I say they are wrong. I say the heads are probably early examples of a known phenomenon. I say their interpretation of the heads is wrong. I say that there are no aliens. Why is this series of unjustified statements less convincing than theirs?

I am listening to you, and I am delighted in what yoou are saying. Unfortunatly its a bit hard to find his claims in detail becuase he is being so type lipped. At the moment its the head stone that was used in the original article and anything else I can find, like the translated interview.

Also, I'm not lapping this all. I =like to think I'm just relaying this information for an open discussion. Its not like I'm spamming posts with links like I have been accused before, and I hope I'm answering directly to people that people think I don't do.

Halcyon Dayz
2011-Oct-28, 10:27 PM
"This man made artifact looks like how I imagine an alien to look like."

That evidence is so wafer-thin it ends up in negative space.

Van Rijn
2011-Oct-28, 10:45 PM
I think the special appeal is that it was shown in a magazine, then quickly supressed by the British government.

What exactly was suppressed and what evidence is there that it was suppressed by the British government?

I also have some questions for you in this thread:

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php/123112-Dr.-Carol-Rosin-and-the-staged-aliien-invasion-theory?p=1951735#post1951735

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 10:58 PM
I guess we are going to have to wait until the film is released, or if he leaks more information. I hope this film will be a big dissapointment. I have always had a fear that the ancient alien theory would be true. Really gives me goosebumps.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 11:00 PM
"This man made artifact looks like how I imagine an alien to look like."

Did he actually said that, or are you just turning into what you think he is saying?

Garrison
2011-Oct-28, 11:13 PM
Thats where the confusion comes from. The only archaeologist covering this is the one in the original article. He is the one who classes the age and the only archaeologist that has seen to be covering this is in modern times.

Yes but unless the archaeologist examined the actual statue how could he estimate the age? Sorry but all of this reads like a marketing campaing, big on claims short on facts.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-28, 11:36 PM
I suppose your right. I remember when I weas in school we learnt how Scientific facts and theories our established. Such as the Hypothesis, the method, the testing for evidence, the peer review and then the publishment in a well respected journal. Now of cours this may be classed in Archaeology and might have a different way of testing claim. Has scientific facts and theories ever been first published in film documentaries and in books that are stacked in a popular section in a bookshop?

Noclevername
2011-Oct-29, 01:17 AM
Why? It's so far away from his field of expertise that he shouldn't tap his screen1 about it and noone should bother quoting him on it.

1) That initially read "open his mouth", but then I realized what I'd written

When has that ever stopped the press? The last time Hawking talked about aliens it was all over the news.

Van Rijn
2011-Oct-29, 01:30 AM
I suppose your write. I remember when I weas in school we learnt how Scientific facts and theories our established. Such as the Hypothesis, the method, the testing for evidence, the peer review and then the publishment in a well respected journal. Now of cours this may be classed in Archaeology and might have a different way of testing claim. Has scientific facts and theories ever been first published in film documentaries and in books that are stacked in a popular section in a bookshop?

I can't recall any serious scientific argument introduced by documentary instead of peer-reviewed publication. More to the point, it's one of the things I use to filter out nonsense: If somebody is making extraordinary claims, I expect very good evidence, and I drop things very quickly if there are indications of shenanigans.

Anyway, I looked this movie up and pretty quickly found this:

http://badarchaeology.wordpress.com/2011/10/01/2012-the-end-of-the-world-and-%e2%80%9cproof%e2%80%9d-that-the-maya-were-guided-by-extraterrestrials/

It gets into a bit of the background of how this movie had been advertised. It originally didn't get much attention, but they seem to be getting more with various press releases. They seem to have been going back and forth with some of their statements, at some points saying it was going to talk about aliens, at other points, they were claiming they couldn't talk about what the movie was going to cover.

Echoing a point here, the article points out:

The question that has to be asked is why this information, supposedly “very important for humanity, not just for Mexico”, is being released through the medium of film. Pitching extraordinary claims straight to the media is often an indication of pseudoscience in action: there is no peer review, no critique of the interpretations on offer, no rival viewpoint. That is what worries me.

It also mentions:

And, even if the whole alien angle turns out to be a false lead, what are we to make of Raul Julia-Levy’s claim that he has proof that the Maya wanted to lead the planet for thousands of years? How could a society consisting of warring city states, which rarely achieved any kind of political unity over large areas, lead the planet? Did they even conceive of a world extending beyond Mesoamerica? And what of their escape from “men of dark intentions”? There are still Maya people in Mexico, Guatemala and Belize, some of whom continue to fight the governments of these nations, refusing to submit to the European invaders of five centuries ago.

And then there's this, from:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44795748/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/ufos-maya-film-sounds-more-hype/

Ken Feder, author of "Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology" (McGraw-Hill, 2010) and the "Encyclopedia of Dubious Archaeology" (Greenwood, 2011), told Life's Little Mysteries that he's heard these claims before and considers them insulting to both the ancient Maya and modern audiences.

"The ancient Maya were perfectly capable of developing sophisticated architecture, a calendar, mathematics, a written language and an elaborate agricultural system without the intervention of extraterrestrials," said Feder, who is also an archaeology professor at Central Connecticut State University. "Claims that the Maya were visited by, inspired by, or mentored by ancient E.T.s is little more than a tired and trite fantasy, wholly and utterly devoid of any confirming evidence."

Julia-Levy insists that the film is a documentary, not science fiction, and dismisses the suggestion that the film is a transparent opportunistic ploy to capitalize on interest in the Maya calendar's apocalyptic view of the year 2012. He said he believes nothing less than the survival of mankind may depend on people watching his film (or at least hearing its messages) "for the good of mankind."

Oh, and that Julia-Levy? He claims to be the son of the late actor Raul Julia, but that's disputed:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/18/movies/18morg.html

"Since 1996, I have been aware of an impostor claiming to be the son of my late husband," Mrs. Julia said in an e-mail message to The New York Times. "He uses the name Raúl Juliá Jr. or Raúl Juliá-Levy, and says that Raúl abandoned him when he was a child but that they reconciled before he died in 1994. His real name is Salvador Alba Fuentes."

Questionable person talking about a questionable movie? No thanks.

Gillianren
2011-Oct-29, 01:39 AM
I suppose your right. I remember when I weas in school we learnt how Scientific facts and theories our established. Such as the Hypothesis, the method, the testing for evidence, the peer review and then the publishment in a well respected journal. Now of cours this may be classed in Archaeology and might have a different way of testing claim. Has scientific facts and theories ever been first published in film documentaries and in books that are stacked in a popular section in a bookshop?

Archaeology relies on the same science that a lot of paleontology does. Anthropology. It's a softer science, but it is a science. And no, the important information does not, in general, get released in any popular medium first. It's considered a sign of dodgy research if that's where you release it, and rightfully so.

Halcyon Dayz
2011-Oct-29, 02:55 AM
"This man-made artifact looks like how I imagine an alien to look like."

Did he actually said that, or are you just turning into what you think he is saying?

That's me being sarcastic.

As I understand this article the only evidence this alleged archaeologist has is a photograph allegedly taken decades ago, which shows what allegedly is a stone sculpture with humanoid features.

From this he concludes that there must have been an alien civilisation.
Pah-lease!

If it looks vaguely human, it is human, or a fantastical/mythological version of a human.
The odds of a species that evolved on another planet having two eyes above a pointy nose above a horizontal mouth are billions to one.
The odds of it having a recognisable head are actually pretty slim.

It looks like a Hollywood Alien, a product of our culture's imagination, not like an alien alien.

Shaula
2011-Oct-29, 07:33 AM
I guess we are going to have to wait until the film is released, or if he leaks more information. I hope this film will be a big dissapointment. I have always had a fear that the ancient alien theory would be true. Really gives me goosebumps.
Which is classic bias confirmation. You are afraid something may be true so anything that even vaguely confirms it seem far more significant than it is. You really, really need to get a grip on this. Otherwise it could ruin your academic studies. Being a historian or researcher you have to learn to not make these sorts of basic errors in analysis and thinking. If they presented evidence this flimsy that all carrots were distant descendants of sharks would you believe them? If they presented evidence this flimsy that Scots came from Mongolia (yes I am referencing the Tartan mummies) would you believe it? No. So why are you assigning significance to this? Because it confirms a fear or bias you already have. It is just bad reserach technique. You have all the tools you need to debunk this yourself. Just have some confidence in yourself and do it.

RobertBast
2011-Oct-29, 10:01 AM
He also claimed government conspiracies surrounding the photo, and the head it depicts: After the photo was taken in the late 1930s, he said, it was only published once, in a magazine that was then immediately withdrawn from circulation by “the government of England.”

As mentioned above, the photo can be found online, although I reckon Julia-Levy probably sourced it from this book – Lost Cities of Central & North America (1992) by David Hatcher Childress, on page 87. According to Childress, the photo first appeared in an Ancient Astronaut Society newsletter, which says to me it could be faked. Julia-Levy perhaps got the 1930s date from the model of car in the photo - or even the car may have been placed in the photo to suggest it is an old pic.

Regardless, Julia-Levy seems to have made up the story about the photo's history, so I can't see he has any credibility now.

More...
http://2012news.com/2011/10/hawking/

AndreH
2011-Oct-29, 11:33 AM
aliensdidit: You seem to be interested a lot in those things. Obviously you are member of the "Genertation Internet". Which means you grew up with the web and are used to get your info from there. Unfortunately anyone can post anything in the world of the web without being challenged at all.
Basicly the web has the credibility of English "The Sun" or the German "Bild" (maybe less).
You have to learn about what we call "Quellenarbeit" (Working with sources). That means: Always find the original source (if possible), be careful if someone does not give original sources. Check credibility of original sources, use multiple sources. I just spoke to a guy from a German research institute this week. He told me he just rejected a PhD thesis because part of the sources there were given as internet links.
You are in college now: Have you ever been to the library so far? It is very interesting to search for a certain topic and go from one source to another prior one.
Another thing: A very usual claim among CT'ers and allike is that "SCIENTISTS" and "GOVERNMENTS" Usually referred to as "THEY" are hiding, covering, deniying....
Study science by yourself and you will find out you will not be contacted by some mysterious organisation to make you a member of "THEM".
To inform yourself, read reputed journals, visit reputed web sides, do a lot of original source work, try to learn the scientific way to do things. Do not waste time with following useless links which will lead you to nowwhere

Strange
2011-Oct-29, 12:19 PM
Study science by yourself and you will find out you will not be contacted by some mysterious organisation to make you a member of "THEM".

:)

To inform yourself, read reputed journals, visit reputed web sides, do a lot of original source work, try to learn the scientific way to do things.

Good point. Read some "real" history books(1) about Central America and other areas mentioned in these conspiracy theories. I recently read Voodoo Histories which, as well as ripping apart some specific conspiracies by reference to actual historic sources, also provides a good insight into the mind of conspiracy theorists and the shoddy research they do.

Also(2), in the same way that understanding how stage magicians do their tricks (or at least, knowing that they can do them) helps debunk most claims of psychics, etc. it may be useful to read some fiction that is similar to these conspiracy theories. Things that come to mind immediately are Foucault's pendulum (Umberto Eco(3)), Valis (Philip K. Dick), The Illuminatus! Trilogy (Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson). These mix real ideas and total fantasy in a complex and seamless way; just like conspiracists do - but these are honest about it being fiction. In the case of Valis you are also left wondering where the the boundary lies between stuff that Dick just made up as fiction and his own delusions (if the two can even be separated).

(1) You know, the ones written by academic historians not by journalists (or worse, people who claim to be journalists). The ones that don't say "the secret that change the world" on the cover.
(2) I'm not sure whether recommending this is a good idea or not!
(3) Eco told Dan Brown that he is an invented character from his fiction; Brown thought he was joking...

AndreH
2011-Oct-29, 01:04 PM
:)

........(2) I'm not sure whether recommending this is a good idea or not!

It is a good idea! I love a good CT, especially if it nicely fit into reallity, as long it is used as a story line for a book or a movie! And as you said you can learn a lot from that authors who do not claim it is real. (Despite, some of the readers think it is....).

Swift
2011-Oct-29, 02:47 PM
I'll offer another idea - read a book about a real conspiracy. Read, for example "All The President's Men" about Watergate, and read how real "government" conspiracies are uncovered (in a lot less time than usually claimed by CT believers).

Gillianren
2011-Oct-29, 05:24 PM
I've always thought it worth noting that Watergate and Iran-Contra got uncovered in about the same space of time from the initial conspiracy to the media blitz. Which was, as Swift says, far less time than conspiracists would have you believe. Remember that Watergate had largely to do with the dirty tricks Nixon used to get reelected and that he resigned from his second term well before it was over and well after everything had been revealed.

Hal37214
2011-Oct-29, 07:19 PM
I came across an interesting blog post the other day: Why Conspiracy Theories are Bunk (http://www.entsophy.net/blog/?p=42)

If you increase the number of conspirators for greater effectiveness, you also increase the chance of failure. Moreover, effectiveness increases slowly as you add conspirators but the chance of failure increases rapidly.

This can be formulated in a model. Let n be the number of conspirators and let p= probability that a single conspirator will not cause failure, either through disloyalty or incompetence. Then

Where A is a proportionality constant. “Effectiveness” is a nebulous concept because I haven’t specified the conspiracy. You can think of it as some measure of success appropriate to a particular conspiracy. The simplest case is to assume Effectiveness is proportional to the number of conspirators, but one can imagine alternatives.

So for a typical example, A=1/10 and p=.75. These give a Chance of Success (for Effectiveness=1) of 6%. If the conspirators are in a Prisoner’s Dilemna situation where it’s advantagous to turn on the others, then p=.1 and the Chance of Success is equation, which nicely explains why conspiracies rarely work.

Noclevername
2011-Oct-29, 08:29 PM
"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Benjamin Franklin

DataPlumber
2011-Oct-29, 10:04 PM
"Government proof" is an interesting concept; is it possibly akin to "military intelligence"?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 01:29 AM
"Government proof" is an interesting concept; is it possibly akin to "military intelligence"?

All I know is that if you look at some of the articles (such as the link from the Guardian in the OP and one of the links to the bad archaelogy website) one of the government ministers who has spoken out on the film was the Minister of Tourism for Guatemala

DataPlumber
2011-Oct-30, 01:38 AM
All I know is that if you look at some of the articles (such as the link from the Guardian in the OP and one of the links to the bad archaelogy website) one of the government ministers who has spoken out on the film was the Minister of Tourism for Guatemala

I doubt that this is "all you know"; you are obviously withholding critical evidence.

Well then, Ministers of Tourism have a relatively unblemished reputation for extraterrestrial investigations (especially in the highly-regarded country of Guatemala), and would never personally profit from any such reports, so I'm sold!

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-30, 02:35 AM
That's the type of way it's good to think.

So basically this film is a conspiracy between the tourism industry and the film industry to grab money off unsuspecting people.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 03:07 AM
aliensdidit: You seem to be interested a lot in those things. Obviously you are member of the "Genertation Internet". Which means you grew up with the web and are used to get your info from there. Unfortunately anyone can post anything in the world of the web without being challenged at all.
Basicly the web has the credibility of English "The Sun" or the German "Bild" (maybe less).
You have to learn about what we call "Quellenarbeit" (Working with sources). That means: Always find the original source (if possible), be careful if someone does not give original sources. Check credibility of original sources, use multiple sources. I just spoke to a guy from a German research institute this week. He told me he just rejected a PhD thesis because part of the sources there were given as internet links.
You are in college now: Have you ever been to the library so far? It is very interesting to search for a certain topic and go from one source to another prior one.
Another thing: A very usual claim among CT'ers and allike is that "SCIENTISTS" and "GOVERNMENTS" Usually referred to as "THEY" are hiding, covering, deniying....
To inform yourself, read reputed journals, visit reputed web sides, do a lot of original source work, try to learn the scientific way to do things. Do not waste time with following useless links which will lead you to nowwhere

Can I say something that may be a little bit off-topic. Its just that for the last couple of years I keep seeing and keep being bombarded with the idea that a big change is going to happen. Something that will shake the foundations of the world we live in will change. Some of its the old UFO/ET disclosure and the Ancient Alien theory which Raul's fiml will be. But a lot of its is just much more freaky. I think its called the New Age movement or something like that (from what I have read on Rationalwiki).

I keep hearing things like that soon the world will have a shift in consciousness and we will abe one, or that are DNA will somehow have a transformation and become something like 12 strand DNA and we develope things like Sixth sense. Or that ET will come and help us reach the next stage of evolution. Something like that, but often much more freaky and more complex.

For example there was a lot being put on the idea that the Mayan calander ending on October 28th 2011, and the idea of Callerman's idea of a shift in Unity consciousness. Then there came a video called The Quickening, which basically delves into this along with Natuve American teachings and this whole idea of there being a Hopi prophecy and this conspiracy with the global elite causing destruction. It was really werid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHHZkUiRP30, http://awakeningasone.com/, http://www.facebook.com/groups/9191963559/) I mean I had of people who believe in things like crystal magic, healing and all of that. But what the hell is this. There are people actually organizing big events like on the 11:11:11 to do things like large meditations setting and think they are going to channel some gods or creat some sort of earth change where we all develope sixth senses. Not to mention these so called Mayan councils taking crystal skulls to various American cities in order to unlock some magical powers to prepare for the end of the Mayan calender for some great spiritual awakening - http://www.shiftoftheages.com/.

Not to mention there are people who have new age beliefs that really go into the conspiracy theories. Youtube channles such as this - http://www.youtube.com/user/chemlin and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4g6FX1PXmA (although that one acts as tough that Youtuber is part of the plan) go on about how are spiritual development is being blocked by an evil power and that we have to meditate and start acting like we know quantam physics to break it up, and that the Matrix is actually based on fact and we are living in some fantasy. I remember reading an article on Rationalwiki on how the older version of NWO conspiracy thought that the New Age Movement would become the one world religion and that we should fear them. Now its seems that New Age mystics have gone on the NWO bandwagon themselves and really put a twisted view on things.

Then there is this cryptic website that again puts importance to a date. This website goes into a whole lot of cryptic detail about sixth senses, questioning reality, quantam physics, lucid dreaming, then getting people to record this dreams and babble on about consciosness and openes. The dates gone and the site creator siad he would reveal what he actually meant for the pupose of the site and this great secret his keeping, but he still has yet to reveal it (http://oct282011.com/, http://record.oct282011.com/ - look at the second commeent when apparently the site creator siad he saw something two years ago that he was "not suppose to see", http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread743904/pg833 - they had a really big discussion on it).

Then there is the whole Stargate thing, remember this guy who siad he wanted to open Stargates to actually let the Annunaki out (whatever they are, space gods or something?) Well this is basically what his plan was suppose to be:

http://supriemrockefeller.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/chapter10/
http://www.wespenre.com/marduk-issue-and-the-earth-bound-anunnaki.htm

Then of course there is the whole Rmianian Sphynx and the supposly Hall of records, the giant structures, the tunnels, the cover up by Freemasons, the head of the department having Psychic powers, and Peter Moon saying in some of his interviews that the US goverment and Romanian goverment have agreed to let this information slowly come out to the public. Some of you may have heard of this in a another thread (also including David Anderson)

Linking back to Raul's film, I guess its becuase I keep hearing how there is something big coming that will completly shake u how we view the worlds that I lost all sense of what to believe. I do admit that I have put to much time into these things, but its very hard to break the cycle, and when I try I still get moments of fear when these things start flashing back to me. Not to mention I have a family that believes in a lot of weird things. Mu uncle popped round for a visit and he went deicded that his idea of counceling (he did have an alchohol problem in the past) is to go to a spiritualist where apparently she manage to call 15 of his dead relatives and they wrote a list of things that he should look out for. Like names such as Edward, places, you get what I mean. Also my mother blieves in all of this too. She believes Ouiji boards are dangerous and when I told her that they were actually created as toys and don't do anything she really got defensive and angry. She thinks that spirits visit her and actually went to a John Edwards show. Plus she believes alines built the pyramids so if I were to talk about this she would lap it all up. I have been brought with a family who believes in all of this (I remember this summer at a BBQ, my mother, uncle, aunts and cousin all sat around a table and thought they were contacting spirits, when I gave the opinion that they were making this up and performing cold reading they told me to bug off, and that was before I started to lose my sense of critical thinking).

I guess its also because of the extrordinary way this document is getting press release. The goverment backing, the apparent contact with Stephen Hawking and his approval, the new information they are going to present us. Because of the way my family is like (I have had serious arguments with my mother on things like ghosts, alines and ancient aline theories) that there is a fear in me that this is all true. There are many factor that come into play, but at the beggining of the year, I may have been able to shrug this movie off quite easily. But after what I have seen recently, some weird and some disturbing, I don't know how to shrug it off. It all justs adds and builds up to the fear I have that something big is coming.

Swift
2011-Oct-30, 03:14 AM
Can I say something that may be a little bit off-topic.
No. You have been told before about these semi-random link festivals to every weird thing on the Internet. Please don't start doing those again.

DataPlumber
2011-Oct-30, 03:17 AM
.....It all justs adds and builds up to the fear I have that something big is coming.

Yes, I agree. But I suspect it was last nite's monster chimichunga.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 04:09 AM
I manage to link to his twitter account, where hee keeps linking every article about him and the movie from the internet.

http://twitter.com/#!/rauljulialevy

He also makes some statements where he attacks anybody who questions his motives. He also has been making the Hawking connection weeks before the current press release.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 04:18 AM
Here is a translation from a much earlier article (In August)

After ten years of tireless persuasion, the actor and producer Julia Raulu-Levyju managed to convince the Mexican government to disclose classified information to the end of the Mayan calendar, which protect them from the public whole 80 years. These will appear in the Julia-Levyjevemu documentary film Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond (Maya Revelations of 2012 and onwards) to be in cinemas in autumn next year and will be directed by Juan Carlos Ruflo.
The Mexican government is afraid of chaos

The Mexican government has secret information carefully guard against the public because he feared the reaction of people seeing it in the words of producer for the highly sensitive and shocking information that could cause widespread panic. "They found a new prophecy. They have evidence that the Maya were in contact with extraterrestrials. It is an agreement by the Mayans concluded with extraterrestrials. These gods have been branded as coming from the sky, and this will shock the world. Evidence they are so true and clear, that will certainly affect people's lives, "he said Žurnal24 exclusively for Julia-Levy.

Why, the government decided to disclose this information now? "Because humanity is extremely important to fully understand what will happen to us with a Mayan perspective. Not with the government, but by the Maya. People need and want to be informed. Do not want to live in the dark. Humanity needs to understand. I think We are now able to process information. We are intelligent. New generations are enlightened and with such matters a good deal. The government is really in the end agreed with my opinion that people should be informed before the end of the calendar. People need to understand what needs to be done, to protect the planet. do not respect the place in which we live. See what's happening. Wars, disasters ... " said Julia-Levy and denied that it was one of the motives of the Government may also promote tourism and their Maya 2012 program, which was launched in July. "No, that's another story. It is not related to tourism. They are connected by only the same theme. If people are interested in this topic, will be resolved at this location."
"We are waiting for disaster"

As is well known that the Mayan calendar ending on 21 12th 2012, which, for many reason to panic. He finished the 5126 fact-year cycle and start new. The world as we now know it to be over, but the most pessimistic claim that the world literally at the end. "The government told me that we will see natural disasters and other challenges. What lies ahead is more severe than what has already happened. Ten times worse than what we've seen. And we will present evidence about what will happen. It will not end the world, humanity is in danger, "We have issued a Julia-Levy believes that hard to make this" documentary changed people's consciousness. "
Unseen Clips

By agreeing Julia-Levy will be able to open sites which the government has so far concealed from the world. "The Maya pyramids built one above the other. In Calakmulu workers discovered a new pyramid inside the room. Filmmakers will be there to allow recording and showed what they discovered inside the pyramid," said Minister of Tourism, Luis Augusto Garcia Campacheju Rosado, who was filmarju in persuading the government of great help.

Julia-Levy is on the secret Mayan information alerts former Mexican President Vincente Fox, a friend of the family. He failed to convince him, but had better luck with the current President of Mexico, Felipe Calderón. "Most of the secret information is hidden in the Campacheju Calakmulu in Mexico, which is one of the richest archaeological regions of the world. It is extremely rich. I still do not know what is hidden in this area," said Julia-Levy and predicts that participated in the documentary and numerous world leaders, celebrities and opinion leaders. Among other things, intends to topic to interview the scientist Stephen Hawking, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and former Cuban President Fidel Castro.

http://www.zurnal24.si/svetu-bodo-razkrili-sokantne-informacije-clanek-133065

Pretty heavy stuff.

I also thought he did not believe in the apocalpsy theory... apparently he does on this tweet in Auugust:

THE END OF TIMES IS COMING -BE PREPARE .

Also another intersting early article, apparently he is also writing a novel:

LOS ANGELES, CA – A top Mexican government official has placed double stamps of approval on two new stellar projects – a book authored by Raul Julia-Levy and a screen adaptation of the novel presented by the actor/producer, Hollywood megastar Wesley Snipes and an international production team.

“Chronicles of the Mayan Tunnel,” a major motion picture, travels south of the border in January, 2011, with an initial production budget set at $80 million. Additional casting is expected to begin in March.

The effects-driven 3-D movie has racked focus on several prime locations – the imposing and biologically significant jungles of Guatemala in Central America and the archaeologically compelling Mexican states of Chiapas and Campeche.

Financing and Latin American distribution are provided by Tayrona Entertainment Group, which recently established collaboration with Maandi Media Entertainment – a local development firm owned by Snipes.

The star of “Blade” takes top billing in the highly-anticipated blockbuster and will share producer credits with Julia-Levy.

Other producers include Ed Elbert (“The Martian Child,” “Anna and the King,” “The Mighty Quinn” and the upcoming “Nest of Lies,” “Rastaman” and “East of Eden”); Tayrona's James Ordonez; Tayrona's founder and CEO Jose Antonio Ruiz-Diez and Tayrona's production executive Sheila M. McCarthy will executive-produce the film project – which will draw heavily on Julia-Levy's novel by the same name.

Julia-Levy's book tells the story of four venturesome pre-teens who travel back in time to a Mesoamerican civilization that existed more than 2,500 hundred years ago when the Mayans first started developing written language, art, mathematics, architecture and astronomical systems.

These kids locate the actual key to saving the world from destruction in 2012 AD, a prophesy allegedly foretold centuries ago by that ancient civilization. The book is slated for distribution next Spring and is expected to contain secret information not yet released by Mexican archaeologists.

Secretary of Culture Carlos A. Vidal Angles said Julia-Levy's book is supported by the Mexican government for a number of reasons.

“It opens the door for reflection on the history of the Mayan culture and on the deep knowledge Mayans had about astronomical phenomena and mathematics,” said Secretary Angles through an English translator. “And somehow such books make us look to the Mayans of today, who are direct descendants of all that ancestral knowledge.”

A facts-laden documentary, exposing hidden archaeological secrets, will be produced concurrently with and independently from the trilogy-designed film.

Secretary Angles said he is thrilled that producers have chosen Campeche as a principal location site since heritage in that area is rich and new archaeological discoveries are made there all the time.

“Campeche is a state that has two sites inscribed on the World Heritage List - the ancient Mayan city of Calakmul and the fortifications of the city of San Francisco de Campeche,” said the Secretary.

“And the government of Mexico and federal authorities have made it very clear that information on new discoveries will be proportionate to what Mr. Julia-Levy will have in his book.”

The World Heritage List includes a total of 911 cultural and natural properties which the World Heritage Committee considers as having outstanding universal value.

The United Nations Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (UNESCO) administers the World Heritage List under the World Heritage Convention, through which signing member countries pledge to protect their natural and cultural birthright.

“[Documentaries, movies and books] help us to reevaluate the importance of indigenous peoples and their cultural heritage,” said the Secretary.

Julia-Levy hails from one of the wealthiest and most influential families in all of Latin America. He maintains strong philanthropic connections with Mexican President Felipe Calderón and members of his cabinet.

Julia-Levy said he plans to donate a portion of his salary and a percentage of the film's profits to help the indigenous peoples of Mexico and other benevolent causes.

Julia-Levy will be honored in the September, 2010, issue of Exceptional People Magazine for his continued humanitarian efforts.

Snipes, who holds holds a 5th degree black belt in Shotokan karate, performs most of his own stunts in his action/adventure films. He has mastered numerous martial arts forms, including the Brazilian street fighting form Capoeira.

Snipes' career began in 1986 when he starred opposite Goldie Hawn in the sports/comedy “Wild Cats.” His brilliant on-camera work has been lauded by some of the biggest actors and directors in Hollywood, including Robert De Niro, Sean Connery, Sylvester Stallone and the late Dennis Hopper.

Snipes has enjoyed an illustrious career on the competitive silver screen, playing tough-guy roles and popular action heroes in such action-packed films as “Passenger 57.” He has starred in more than 55 major motion pictures, producing nearly a dozen.

“Chronicles of the Mayan Tunnel” is set to open in theatres worldwide in December, 2012.

http://www.examiner.com/la-console-rpg-in-los-angeles/mexican-gov-t-endorses-raul-julia-levy-s-new-book-welcomes-wesley-snipes-80-million-movie

Van Rijn
2011-Oct-30, 05:12 AM
I manage to link to his twitter account, where hee keeps linking every article about him and the movie from the internet.

What relevance is his twitter account? In another thread you said, "I'm not someone who is advertising anything, I'm really sick of being accused that again and again." If you don't want to encourage that impression, why do you keep linking this stuff?

He also makes some statements where he attacks anybody who questions his motives.

What do YOU think about him and his actions? I already pointed out the question of his paternity. Here's more:

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jul/19/local/me-spector19

Prosecutors on Wednesday filed a 3-inch-thick document assailing the credibility of another potential defense witness, Raul Julia Levy. Spector's attorneys said Julia Levy is the son of the late actor Raul Julia and a former boyfriend of Clarkson. Raul Julia's widow has publicly called Julia Levy an impostor.

In a lengthy statement, he claimed to have information about Clarkson's drug use and despondency before her death, and offered a reporter an interview.

The prosecution, in its filing, contended that Julia Levy -- whom they list as having six aliases -- had a history of making false statements to police and in legal filings. Levy's "long and varied history of run-ins with law enforcement" includes charges of driving under the influence, drug possession for sale, domestic violence, child cruelty, sexual assault and multiple allegations of providing false identification to police, the prosecutor's filing stated.

A Sheriff's Department investigation report included in the prosecutor's filing said Julia Levy had used fake names and Social Security numbers and falsely claimed to have attended Harvard University and USC.

He also has been making the Hawking connection weeks before the current press release.

Another claim. Do you believe him? If so, why?

Please consider these to be direct questions.

Van Rijn
2011-Oct-30, 05:34 AM
Can I say something that may be a little bit off-topic. Its just that for the last couple of years I keep seeing and keep being bombarded with the idea that a big change is going to happen. Something that will shake the foundations of the world we live in will change.

Just the last couple years? I've been hearing claims like that all my life. It's a standard claim with alien stuff: World shattering news about alien visitation is going to happen Real Soon Now - in 1970. Okay, not '70, but it will happen in '71. Oh, well, that doesn't work out, but it will happen in '72 for sure. Oh, wait . . .

This ISN'T A NEW OR UNUSUAL TACTIC. The question you should be asking, the thing you seem to be missing constantly, is what is the evidence?

I guess its also because of the extrordinary way this document is getting press release. The goverment backing,

What is extraordinary about it?

the apparent contact with Stephen Hawking and his approval,

Isn't that just a claim by the filmmakers?

the new information they are going to present us.

But after what I have seen recently, some weird and some disturbing, I don't know how to shrug it off.

What did you see recently? Was this something you personally believe you witnessed, not a claim in some video or on some website, or something somebody said to you, or anything like that? How did it apply to things you're linking to?

Shaula
2011-Oct-30, 07:36 AM
OP - there is nothing new about end of the world predictions. Here (http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm) are 242 different claimed dates for the end of the world (NB: this is a bible study seeking to show that all human guesses about this event are wrong, it is not a neutral collection just one of the largest ones I found). Here (http://femininemissgeek.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/top-10-incorrect-end-of-the-world-predictions/) is a look at one sites top ten epic fails on this topic. Here (http://thedaily23.blogspot.com/2010/04/23-end-of-world-dates-that-have-expired.html) are 23 than came and went.....

So long as people keep believing this sort of thing without questions (as you are doing, even if you deny it), driving up traffic to these sites (as you are doing by linking) and generally allowing stuff like this to be a vehicle for fame, or at least notoriety, then more predictions (every one the ONLY TRUE AND CORRECT ONE!!!!) will be made.

Learn to think critically, to question, to ignore arguments like "I worked with NASA so I am right". Learn to deal with the vast amounts of information out there or there seems to be a risk you will drown in it.

Tedward
2011-Oct-30, 07:56 AM
Aliensdidit, the quotes in your post 60 read like someone bigging up a film. They want people on seats and the Mexican government need people going there for the loot they bring. And it is s bit late to release the film when it is about to end I would think? No returns and Julia-Levy will be unable to donate part of his salary.

And if the Mexican government were that concerned then better people could be found, no doubt, to investigate.

I would like to see some corroboration as to the involvement of Stephen Hawkin from this lot or is it "artistic licence"?

Halcyon Dayz
2011-Oct-30, 10:30 AM
That's the type of way it's good to think.

So basically this film is a conspiracy between the tourism industry and the film industry to grab money off unsuspecting people.
I wouldn't be completely surprised if the whole thing turned out to be a con to lure in investors for a film that never actually gets made.
Should be worth a couple of millions.

Been done before.

Peter B
2011-Oct-30, 12:04 PM
Aliensdidit, if you think Professor Stephen Hawking is in some way involved in this business, why don't you visit his website or email him: http://www.hawking.org.uk/

Just a little aside, if you think a date such as 11 November 2011 is significant in some way, consider that the year is 1432 according to the Muslim calendar.

HenrikOlsen
2011-Oct-30, 12:40 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/rauljulialevy

He also makes some statements where he attacks anybody who questions his motives. He also has been making the Hawking connection weeks before the current press release.
NOOOOOOOOOO!

With your obsessing over this, following a twit on this is the last thing you should do.

UNFOLLOW! Please. For your own sanity's sake.

AndreH
2011-Oct-30, 01:34 PM
Can I say something that may be a little bit off-topic. ..........

Dear Aliensdidit, I apologize, but I did not follow any of the links you have provided. From one of your other posts in a different thread I conclude you must be around 18 years old (just moved from home to college?).
I repeat my advice: Stay AWAY from the internet. If you look for "why the world will end tomorrow" you will gets tons of info on that. Check on "why the world will not end tomorrow" this will help. Get your information from REPUTED sources. The internet is NOT. It will always give you what you ask it for.
Are you really worried about all this weird stuff? I'ts hard to believe.
I do not want to insult you, but this sounds quite a bit paranoid to me. I would even recommend more things, but this could be mistaken as an insult here in the forum.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 04:05 PM
Oh god, I know it looks like I'm obsessing over it. But again it plays into my fear that this really is the big revalltion that I keep getting told will happen for the last couple of years.

I know I should not be going to his twitter account, but he seems to like finding people who are commentating on this and gives his opinion. Look at this facebook discussion.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=166145950146367&id=73808938369

Someone said he was skeptical (but hopes its truee) theen Raul comes and comments on it:

@Anthony Palmer , of course you skeptical and i don't blame you , Classified information and top level secret information is only available to few, therefore we are pretty lucky to be in such position to inform the world the truth ..you as the world will be in shock when the movie gets release
23 hours ago

Good god.

Swift
2011-Oct-30, 04:19 PM
<snip>
What relevance is his twitter account? In another thread you said, "I'm not someone who is advertising anything, I'm really sick of being accused that again and again." If you don't want to encourage that impression, why do you keep linking this stuff?

What do YOU think about him and his actions? I already pointed out the question of his paternity. Here's more:

Another claim. Do you believe him? If so, why?

<snip>
This ISN'T A NEW OR UNUSUAL TACTIC. The question you should be asking, the thing you seem to be missing constantly, is what is the evidence?

What is extraordinary about it?

What did you see recently? Was this something you personally believe you witnessed, not a claim in some video or on some website, or something somebody said to you, or anything like that? How did it apply to things you're linking to?

aliensdidit,

I'll make that official. You continue to ignore the advice being given to you and just keep posting more and more links and quotes from the filmmakers. On the flip side, if you are here to "just ask questions", well, you are not asking any questions. Your last couple of posts don't ask any questions, just more copy and paste from the Internet.

If you want a conversation about this stuff, then you actually have to engage in a conversation. You need to answer the questions put to you, either because you have crossed the line into advocacy, or just to make you actually think about this stuff. You can start with the questions from Van Rijn's two posts.

Shaula
2011-Oct-30, 05:01 PM
OP - there is NOTHING in that quote. No evidence, nothing. Ignore it. Here you go - equal level of validity:

"Ignore him"

There? Why can't you believe that?

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 06:34 PM
Your going to have to excuse me when I post this. To escapre it from it all I went to the University campus pub to watch the football, downed two pints of beer and I'm feeling really tipsy. Although it does help me cope with all of this.

God, god , god god. Sorry, I just, I just can't take it anymore.It all just seems to be coming true to me. The David Anderson and Radu Cinemar things, and now this. I try and read a book (The HHaiti revolutuion and Robinson Cruseo at the moment), but it all seems very alien to me. Its too late I feel, all to late. This Raul looks so convincing, now its too late and I've become obsessed despite having fear. I mean look at this quote:

ulia-Levy says that the producers of the documentary are working with a international team of archeologists and experts because they are “willing to tell people the truth” about the fact that the Mayans communicated with Aliens.

” I was told by the officials that the Mayans and aliens had a history of trade. This is official. The people is not aware of this. Nobody is. But there is no doubt about it, the world is ready to find out the truth. This will produce a world wide impact about the way people see things” the producer said.

Since posting this on forums is not working, if anybody does not mind can I please talk to them on a private chat such as facebook or MSN. I just want to scream it all out. All out.

Excuse me, I feel drunk and need to lie down. Feel so sleepy.

aliensdidit
2011-Oct-30, 06:35 PM
aliensdidit,

I'll make that official. You continue to ignore the advice being given to you and just keep posting more and more links and quotes from the filmmakers. On the flip side, if you are here to "just ask questions", well, you are not asking any questions. Your last couple of posts don't ask any questions, just more copy and paste from the Internet.

If you want a conversation about this stuff, then you actually have to engage in a conversation. You need to answer the questions put to you, either because you have crossed the line into advocacy, or just to make you actually think about this stuff. You can start with the questions from Van Rijn's two posts.

I did ask that dutch's guys question, its the thread you close. I can't answer anymore cos I'm drunk and want to sleep. So bye for now.

pzkpfw
2011-Oct-30, 06:36 PM
Thread closed for moderator discussion.