PDA

View Full Version : Why has google gone all spacey?

drone technician
2011-Oct-31, 04:29 AM
Its halloween but instead of witches and pumpkins its all radio telescopes and starry sky. What ijn the universe is going on? I use google daily and usually there is a public holiday behind their glammed up main page.

Jim
2011-Oct-31, 12:08 PM
(Moved from Q&A to OTB.)

Well, it's pumpkins today.

Usually you can find an explanation by mousing over the logo. I didn't Google yesterday, so I didn't see it. Maybe someone else can provide an explanation.

Scriitor
2011-Oct-31, 12:20 PM
50th anniversary of the CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope in Australia.

NEOWatcher
2011-Oct-31, 01:54 PM
Its halloween but instead of witches and pumpkins its all radio telescopes and starry sky. What ijn the universe is going on? I use google daily and usually there is a public holiday behind their glammed up main page.
Patience...
I noticed you posted this shortly after midnight.

Yes; now it's the halloween logo. So; an early salute to the telescope, and then into halloween. Which, by the way is All Hallows Eve. So; forgive them if they don't devote the entire day.

Cute video for the pumpkin carving.

Jim
2011-Oct-31, 04:44 PM
... Maybe someone else can provide an explanation.

50th anniversary of the CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope in Australia.

Thank you!

glappkaeft
2011-Oct-31, 06:13 PM
You can find all current the Doodles here http://www.google.com/logos/. Note that some, like e.g. the Halloween Doodle, aren't used worldwide and in some cased are only used in one specific country.

drone technician
2011-Nov-01, 11:36 AM
Thanks space boffins. Thanks for the link too. Parkes radio telescope. Isn't that the one featured in The Dish?