PDA

View Full Version : The Waxing Gibbous moon

emmylou
2011-Nov-06, 08:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2pARw.jpg

Taken tonight 6th of Nov 2011 through the eye piece of my 4.5 Orion StarBlast and my Blackberry.

elizabeth25
2011-Nov-06, 11:52 PM
Beautiful, i love it hun, better than mine, im jealous :p

emmylou
2011-Nov-07, 01:45 AM
Thank you sweetness :D

PraedSt
2011-Nov-07, 01:56 AM
Can you hook up a Blackberry to a telescope these days? Or did you stick the camera over the eyepiece? (Sorry for the stupid question- I've never done any astrophotography before!) Nice pic by the way.

emmylou
2011-Nov-07, 02:36 AM
I did the simple version just stuck the camera over the eyepice :D

and thank you :)

gadieid
2011-Nov-07, 07:47 AM
The Small camera are very handy to simply put in the eyepiece. It was done for years and basically drop the market for those horrible (and expensive) telephoto lens and turned it into digi-scoping.
About the picture, Try to include the entire terminator line of the moon, because it is the most interesting place, where you will clearly see the mountains and craters.
Gadi

jlhredshift
2011-Nov-07, 02:10 PM
Well, I too was out last night and for the first time, in my life, I took this photo through my 3.5 inch Questar lens with an EOS Rebel T3 connected at the prime focus. There were wispy clouds or I did not have the manual focus just right, I will try to do better.

emmylou
2011-Nov-07, 06:08 PM
Great pic :)

Can't wait till I get a camera and will be able to take proper ones, however last nights little session was great and I am proud that even though the blackberry is not the best phone in the world it stood up to this job really well.

http://i.imgur.com/Tf8FP.jpg

Here is another one.

PraedSt
2011-Nov-07, 06:39 PM
I did the simple version just stuck the camera over the eyepicePhew. I was worried that technology had passed me by. Ingenious.
And I see you and jlredshift taken some more.

jlredshift- Hi! Good to see you again. Why is your Moon upside down? :)

emmylou
2011-Nov-07, 07:11 PM
Phew. I was worried that technology had passed me by. Ingenious.
And I see you and jlredshift taken some more.

Hahaha no!! I am just making use of a bad situation and coming out with good results :D