PDA

View Full Version : Aura

Maksutov
2004-Jul-14, 11:08 AM
The Delta II/Aura launch was scrubbed again this AM. The problem this time was low current readings from the second stage batteries. There might be another attempt in 24 hours, but due to weather concerns and the possibility that the battery problem may take a while to resolve, it will probably be longer.

BTW, while watching NASA TV, along with coverage on Spaceflightnow.com and checking the atomic clock calibrated time on my computer, it appeared that NASA TV was delaying their broadcast by about one minute. Anyone else ever notice this, and if so, what's the reason? :-k

Meteora
2004-Jul-14, 11:35 AM
...but due to weather concerns...

Oh sure... blame me! :D

Donnie B.
2004-Jul-14, 12:20 PM
Don't worry, Meteora... we all know that the real culprit was Jasmine and all her prayerful believers... :P [-(

ToSeek
2004-Jul-14, 01:02 PM
BTW, while watching NASA TV, along with coverage on Spaceflightnow.com and checking the atomic clock calibrated time on my computer, it appeared that NASA TV was delaying their broadcast by about one minute. Anyone else ever notice this, and if so, what's the reason? :-k

What were you watching it with? Most streaming video programs will buffer data, though a minute's worth sounds like rather a lot.

Btw, several of my current coworkers have been supporting Aura.

N C More
2004-Jul-14, 02:19 PM
Don't worry, Meteora... we all know that the real culprit was Jasmine and all her prayerful believers... :P [-(

It appears (http://groups.msn.com/UniversalPathwaysOfLight/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message =125322) that they think this is somehow a "manned" mission (unless I'm reading it incorrectly)..Wow, how misinformed can you get! :o

Meteora
2004-Jul-14, 02:34 PM
It appears (http://groups.msn.com/UniversalPathwaysOfLight/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message =125322) that they think this is somehow a "manned" mission (unless I'm reading it incorrectly)..Wow, how misinformed can you get! :o

...From which comes:

The NASA rocket from Northern California has been postponed and hasn't launched yet. Is anyone up for a thrillseeking ride in a clown cart?
I am, I am, WOO HOO, WOO HOO!

:o

What...

was...

THAT?!!! :o

Daffy Duck???

Meteora
2004-Jul-14, 02:39 PM
...it appeared that NASA TV was delaying their broadcast by about one minute. Anyone else ever notice this, and if so, what's the reason? :-k

I don't know if this is related or not, but one New Year's Eve (a couple years ago), I noticed that the countdown to the big event didn't match the WWV-controlled clock on the wall. It was different by about 15 seconds. Come to think of it, I seem to recall once noticing that my GPS showed times that were similarly different.

Ummmm....???? :-s

Maksutov
2004-Jul-14, 03:50 PM

What were you watching it with? Most streaming video programs will buffer data, though a minute's worth sounds like rather a lot.

Btw, several of my current coworkers have been supporting Aura.

I was watching on my computer, with a cable connection at about 256kbps. Based on I/O LEDs, there was very little buffering, less than a second.

What aspects of Aura have your coworkers been supporting? Hopefully not solid-state recorders!

Well, maybe it will go tomorrow morning...or Saturday. :D

Maksutov
2004-Jul-14, 03:53 PM

...From which comes:

The NASA rocket from Northern California has been postponed and hasn't launched yet. Is anyone up for a thrillseeking ride in a clown cart?
I am, I am, WOO HOO, WOO HOO!

:o

What...

was...

THAT?!!! :o

Daffy Duck???

Sure sounded that way...but it appears to be just a person with a deep, ingrained hatred of science and technology. :roll:

ToSeek
2004-Jul-14, 03:59 PM
What aspects of Aura have your coworkers been supporting? Hopefully not solid-state recorders!

No, no, we don't do any real stuff, so you can't blame anything on us. We just write programs that look like the spacecraft so that people can practice with us before getting to the real thing.

Maksutov
2004-Jul-14, 04:24 PM
...but due to weather concerns...

Oh sure... blame me! :D

Of course we'll blame you...but we won't punish you.

cyswxman's sig:

DEATH BY BURNING SHALL BE THE PUNISHMENT
FOR THE PRACTICE OF WEATHER FORECASTING

- 17TH CENTURY ENGLISH

:wink:

Russ
2004-Jul-14, 04:49 PM
It's network latentcy. That is the amount of time it takes a message packet to get from their confuser to yours. It will change from one connection to the next so everybody will have a different time lag. An individual will have different lags with every re-connection. :)

(edit to correct most typos)

Rain Dog
2004-Jul-15, 06:57 AM
you can't blame anything on us. We just write programs that look like the spacecraft so that people can practice with us before getting to the real thing.
Donít wanna jack this thread, but ToSeek I do believe that you and I have about the same job. Simulators. If Goddard is anything like here, they canít blame you, but theyíll try.

Iíve just written a little song about this, to the tune of ďclap your handsĒ

If the flight software is late
Blame the sim!
If the ground control donít work,
Blame the sim!
If the guys who send commands
Canít find their butts with both their hands,
Itís clear whoís fault this is so
Blame the sim!

And when it all goes like clockwork because you busted A, debugged the flight code, sent the SOE back for rework, told the procedure guys they couldnít fly the spacecraft with their butts attached, you get any credit? Me either. Power brother!

-RD

Maksutov
2004-Jul-15, 10:41 AM
Successful launch this morning! The launch window opened at 3:01:59 AM PDT. Launch took place at 3:01:59.334 PDT.

Nominal performace of the first stage and SRBs (including the air starts). Nominal performance of the second stage.

The second stage and Aura payload are now in parking orbit. Second stage restart is scheduled for 4:00:10 AM PDT. This will circularize the orbit, followed by payload detach and deployment.

:D

Meteora
2004-Jul-15, 10:58 AM
Hmm... didn't blow up over Nevada? How disappointing... to someone... other than me! :D

Who said anything about forecasting? :P :D

Maksutov
2004-Jul-15, 11:22 AM
Second stage circularizing burn was successful. The Aura spacecraft has separated from the second stage, and is now being checked out. :)

Maksutov
2004-Jul-15, 11:23 AM
Hmm... didn't blow up over Nevada? How disappointing... to someone... other than me! :D

:lol:

Who said anything about forecasting? :P :D

What? Meteorologists aren't forecasting the weather anymore? Whatta copout!!! 8)

Maksutov
2004-Jul-15, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah.

Conditions in Las Vegas: 83 degrees F, partly cloudy.

"Forecast": high of 99 degrees F, low of 80 degrees F, possibility of PM thunderstorms.

No unusual occurrences.

:roll:

Meteora
2004-Jul-15, 12:18 PM
What? Meteorologists aren't forecasting the weather anymore? Whatta copout!!! 8)

Meteora, goddess of weather.... :D

Okay, so I was being really facetious....

Maksutov
2004-Jul-15, 12:53 PM

Meteora, goddess of weather.... :D

Okay, so I was being really facetious....

Well, all right. But, if you cause the weather, shouldn't you also be able to predict it? :wink:

Meteora
2004-Jul-15, 01:44 PM
Well, all right. But, if you cause the weather, shouldn't you also be able to predict it? :wink:

[mental note]Do not bring up religious topics here, even if they only involve the "goddess of weather."[/mental note] :D

ToSeek
2004-Jul-15, 01:57 PM
you can't blame anything on us. We just write programs that look like the spacecraft so that people can practice with us before getting to the real thing.
Donít wanna jack this thread, but ToSeek I do believe that you and I have about the same job. Simulators. If Goddard is anything like here, they canít blame you, but theyíll try.

I can't say I've experienced much of that, but perhaps it's just because there's plenty of blame to go 'round. ;) I do like your little song, though.

ToSeek
2004-Aug-05, 05:09 PM
Aura Deployment Continues (http://www.spacedaily.com/news/eo-04zzzk.html)

Activation of the Aura spacecraft, launched July 15, is continuing, with the mission going very well so far.

ToSeek
2004-Oct-14, 04:12 PM
Aura goes operational (http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/041014/65505.html)