PDA

View Full Version : If Everyone Will Please Quiet Down...

closetgeek
2011-Nov-12, 02:47 AM
...I have an announcement to make. As of approximately 4:48 this afternoon, yours truly is officially engaged to be married. You may now resume your regularly scheduled awesomeness.

KaiYeves
2011-Nov-12, 03:04 AM
Congrats!

Tobin Dax
2011-Nov-12, 03:06 AM
Congratulations, closetgeek!

Noclevername
2011-Nov-12, 03:09 AM
Congratulations!

Swift
2011-Nov-12, 03:28 AM
Mazel tov (Yiddish for congrats).

kevin1981
2011-Nov-12, 03:32 AM
Congratulations, best wishes to you both.

Don't forget my wedding invitation ;)

DonM435
2011-Nov-12, 05:38 AM
I hope that you'll be very happy.

geonuc
2011-Nov-12, 06:30 AM
Any tidbits on how the deed was done? Hired Christo to drape the moon with expressions of your undying love? During the freefall part of a skydive? Delivery of a fake subpoena?

Awesome news.

grapes
2011-Nov-12, 09:49 AM
Na zdrowie! (Polish for "to your health", English for "par-tay!")

slang
2011-Nov-12, 10:17 AM
And that on 11-11-11! Congrats! :)

PraedSt
2011-Nov-12, 10:40 AM
Who proposes at 4 in the afternoon? :D Congrats to the pair of you.

swampyankee
2011-Nov-12, 12:47 PM
Congratulations!

You do realize you have to invite all of us to the wedding reception...

Moose
2011-Nov-12, 01:24 PM
Well heeeeey, congrats, Closetgeek!

Buttercup
2011-Nov-12, 01:29 PM
:clap: I'm happy for you, closetgeek! :)

Jens
2011-Nov-12, 02:39 PM
Does that mean you've come out of the closet?

closetgeek
2011-Nov-12, 03:16 PM
Any tidbits on how the deed was done? Hired Christo to drape the moon with expressions of your undying love? During the freefall part of a skydive? Delivery of a fake subpoena?

Awesome news.

It certainly was a surprise but in his own style. He's not big on doing things for an audience. Yesterday was our anniversary and I thought it was really sweet that he suggested we go to Olive Garden because it's what I've deemed the birthplace of the goofy smile. We were still early on in the relationship, having dinner at Olive Garden when the conversation led to our relationship. All he said was, "of all my relationships, you and I are the most compatible." This smile creeped up and I couldn't get rid of it. He continued to talk and then looked at me and asked, "what's with the goofy smile on your face?" In my head, I was thinking if anyone else had said that, I would have found it flat and unromantic but it's so something he would say, which made it perfect. He still says or does things to bring on the goofy smile and then tease me for it, because I can't get rid of it.

So, my kids had just left, to spend the night at their father's house and we decided that it was time to exchange our anniversary gifts. I seriously thought he got me a pullup bar or a heavy bag. I got him the Star Wars blueray boxset. So I had him his gift, he says thank you, and then tells me to turn around and close my eyes. When I heard him rustling around in his desk I was thinking, okay, there's no way he hid a pullup bar in his desk. He comes back and tells me to turn around and open my eyes, I do, but I don't see him; he is on his knee with the box in his hand. My first response was, "For real?" I am such a clod when it comes to this stuff. He knew not to wait till dinner because then I would have suspected something was up. He didn't want me to see it coming at all.

Thanks for the all the congrats.

John Jaksich
2011-Nov-12, 04:05 PM
Here's to a healthy marriage---good luck!

Ara Pacis
2011-Nov-13, 08:32 AM
^What they all said. :)

LookingSkyward
2011-Nov-14, 12:52 PM
Wishing you all joy!