PDA

View Full Version : is the moon hoax theroy dying?

Martian Jim
2002-May-10, 08:54 PM
i have noticed recently that quite alot of websites are now backing nasa and saying that we did indeed go to that large chunk of rock in the sky.

most of the evidence against nasa has now been de-bunked or has been proven to be fake.

I have not seen any new evidence lately from the Hbs and the evidence they still have is weak. Also cos they have no any decent evidence left they can only flame for attention
Is the moon hoax dying out (at last)?

this is a good website (http://www.lunatrick.com/mcdale.html) about the truth about HBs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martian Jim on 2002-05-10 16:56 ]</font>

LunarOrbit
2002-May-10, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure if it's dying or not. A lot of the people visiting my site found it by searching Google for "moon hoax" or "conspiracy theory".

And hoax believers haven't had a new piece of evidence in a really long time, most just bring up the same old theories Bill Kaysing used in his book in 1974. It doesn't matter to them that all of those theories have been debunked because they don't want to believe the truth.

DaveC
2002-May-10, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the link, Martian Jim. That was a really well-written piece.
I sense that interest in the hoax theory is waning, too. Time for Fox to run its stooopid show again and stir up some new fish for the barrel.

JayUtah
2002-May-10, 10:47 PM
I understand the moon hoax phenomenon operates in cycles. This seems to be the case in many topics fraught with polemicism. The popularity of the theory ebbs and flows. Periodically the same old charges are dusted off and given a new coat of paint, to fleece a new generation of gullible folk.

Chuck
2002-May-10, 10:55 PM
Maybe the people who found it amusing are becoming bored with the lack of new material. When new young people reach reading age they can bring it back. Maybe it will go away completely when we have a lunar colony.

Silas
2002-May-12, 01:18 AM
On 2002-05-10 18:47, JayUtah wrote:
I understand the moon hoax phenomenon operates in cycles. This seems to be the case in many topics fraught with polemicism. The popularity of the theory ebbs and flows. Periodically the same old charges are dusted off and given a new coat of paint, to fleece a new generation of gullible folk.

Exactly: I've seen a couple of cycles of Velikovsky fandom, for instance, and the Hollow Earth fantasy seems to be on a temporary upswing. Ditto for JFK theories, Roswell theories, etc.

Urban Legend studies haven't progressed far enough to produce a model, but one can easily imagine an amplifying network with multiple feedback. Introduce a stimulus, and the signal will spread...

There are some people who will not only believe everything they hear, but send it to everyone on their friends list. There are others who are dubious and will absorb the message without sending it on. Finally, there are those who send out the "anti-message."

I wish I were good enough at simulations programming to throw together a model... I suspect someone else probably already has...

"I am not a node! I am a free man!"

Silas

Conrad
2002-May-13, 11:06 AM
Well, Jim, it would be nice to think that the HB's will dry up and disappear, but! Don't expect it. Remember "Alternative 3"?
If they can believe in that - well, the mind boggles.

:]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Conrad on 2002-05-13 07:08 ]</font>

Martian Jim
2002-May-15, 11:03 AM
another thing, if they critise some of the nasa photos cos they have things in them they think prove a moon hoax why would nasa release them in the first place?

JayUtah
2002-May-15, 03:51 PM
At first they argued NASA didn't know they were there; they were mistakes made during the falsification process that weren't caught by quality control.

Now that hoax believers have identified thousands of such "anomalies", and it's hard to argue they were all just mistakes, the prevailing theory has it that they were deliberately added by conscientious people who were working on the hoax, so that we'd eventually discover them.

Obviously this scenario makes even less sense and requires that more be proven. Some of these "whistle-blows" are quite blatant and it's difficult to believe how they could be carried out under the watchful eyes of NASA officials.

Further, 99% of what they say are anomalies, aren't. They're simply the hoax believers' misunderstanding of physics, lighting, and photography. People who actually know what they're talking about don't consider them anomalous. Therefore we don't need to invoke hypothetical whistle-blowers to explain the anomalies because there's really nothing that needs that kind of explaining.

Lately a few hoax believers have accused NASA of "correcting" its photographs, such as the infamous C-rock photo. The "C" was conclusively determined to be a hair on one print that was scanned for the web. Now that new prints have been made, hoax believers say NASA airbrushed out the C in order to make people think it was never there.

temporary40
2002-May-16, 03:41 PM
When I worked at a bookstore in the 1970's
I got to witness the cycles of "UFO mania".
Lots of UFO magazines and books flooded throughout the store because of the interest generated by Close Encounters of the Third Kind (the real "alien" conspiracy was the fact that the studio head David Begelman started forging Cliff Robertson's name on checks at this time). One book that caught my notice claimed that dust motes on expensive lenses were really UFO's - the author claimed that these floaters were paremecium like creatures in our own atmosphere that only he and his special camera could see! Quite hilarious. Also, "bigfoot" mania and "noah's ark" mania were going on at the same time...

2002-May-17, 05:04 PM
p# 7 MUCUK 3 ZIP
to build, to reduce; irrelevant
4 my 1 plank the events unfold irrreguardless
politically i think its just folly
not to wait [400 years] untill the end of
the Eposoide to make repairs
to me it just makes no sence to fix the roof
in the middle of a Twister. Wait untill its OVER then Fix it.
Boo1 to fix it now & yeahhh2 fix it after its history
Now about getting to the Airport? you were going to fly?