PDA

View Full Version : Borders

Jim
2002-May-13, 01:18 AM
I stopped into a Borders book store this weekend and went immediately to the Science section, hoping to find the BA's book there.

Well, surprise, surprise! The Science section was actually a subsection of the Children's books section!!

Later, I found the Astrology section (for adults). Lots of books there, including Astronomy for Dummies.

This bothered me at first, and I thought about complaining that the book was in the wrong section. But then it occured to me how very right it seemed to leave it where it was.

beskeptical
2002-May-15, 06:49 AM
Oh, that's good. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Barnes and Noble has about 1/2 shelf for all physics and earth sciences. New age titles consume 4 entire rows of shelves! Self help and self enlightenment have 2 rows. I can't imagine how you become enlightened. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Conrad
2002-May-15, 08:15 AM
On 2002-05-15 02:49, beskeptical wrote:
Oh, that's good. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Barnes and Noble has about 1/2 shelf for all physics and earth sciences. New age titles consume 4 entire rows of shelves! Self help and self enlightenment have 2 rows. I can't imagine how you become enlightened. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

If you buy New Age/Self Help book A at price $/ n, then your wallet will be n-lighter.
No? Yes? Time for the medicine?