PDA

View Full Version : Question for BA about Coast To Coast....

junkyardfrog
2004-Jul-21, 11:23 PM
Do you think it's irresponsible for George Noory to allow people like Nancy Lieder on the air?

I do. I've been away quite a while from most of the message boards on these topics, but your board has me motivated again. I'm going to email George and complain (not that it will do any good).

junkyardfrog
2004-Jul-21, 11:35 PM
I sent in my complaint. If I get a response, which I strongly doubt, I'll let you know.

Trinity
2004-Jul-22, 01:56 AM
I'm interested to hear the response, if there is one :)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2004-Jul-22, 03:40 AM
I'm interested to hear the response, if there is one :)

Yeah

IF

Sammy
2004-Jul-22, 04:18 AM
Ratings/Revenue trump responsibility, every time :evil:

junkyardfrog
2004-Jul-23, 12:44 AM
No response. I put a little hook into my email, which I was hoping might draw out a response. Nothing yet.

Of course, to be fair to George, he gets hundreds of emails every day. If he responded to each one he wouldn't have a life.

The Bad Astronomer
2004-Jul-23, 03:48 AM
They won't have Nancy on again. However, that doesn't stop them from putting on other scaremongers like McCanney. Oh well.

junkyardfrog
2004-Jul-23, 06:46 AM
I would think that, if enough people email them to protest the booking of scaremongers, the message would eventually sink in. I could be wrong though.

PhantomWolf
2004-Jul-23, 07:03 AM
Yeah, but without the woowoos, BA would have to be on C2C every night, which WE might love, but we do want poor Phil to have some sort of life.

Gmann
2004-Jul-23, 12:41 PM
Keep in mind that C2C is a forum set up by Art Bell to allow people from the "fringe" to air their theories. It is a "let the listener decide" type of show. If someone has a problem with what a guest is saying, they can call in and question what is being put forth (good luck getting in, 20,000,000 people try every night). Both Art and George have said that they do not believe everything that is on the show. Is this kind of thing dangerous? Not really, most people don't listen to the radio at 3:00 AM. Along with the woo^2, there are also good programs involving real science or social issues. Complaining won't help, it is the top late night show on radio and I don't see them changing the format anytime soon.

Narthex
2004-Jul-23, 01:08 PM
Surely you don't mean twenty million people, do you?

That would mean almost a tenth of the US population is not only listening to one radio program in the middle of the night when they have to go to work the next day, but calling in, as you say.

Have a few extra zeroes slipped in there?

junkyardfrog
2004-Jul-23, 06:05 PM

C2C has a huge audience. From what I've heard several people claim, I thought the number was more like 10 million. I am only speculating though. I've never seen any facts on this....

Charlie in Dayton
2004-Jul-23, 08:46 PM
I have an acquaintance in the broadcast industry out California way who's known Bell for a looooooooong time. According to him, ol' Art knows which side of his bread the butter's on, takes the wide majority of his guests' pontifications with large quantities of salt, and has been laughing all the way to the bank for years... 8-[

junkyardfrog
2004-Jul-23, 09:02 PM
Sounds exactly right, to me. I listen to many shows and disagree with most guests. It is mostly entertaining.

But when a Nancy Lieder comes on....

::::click::::

John Jones
2004-Jul-23, 09:47 PM
Sounds exactly right, to me. I listen to many shows and disagree with most guests. It is mostly entertaining.

But when a Nancy Lieder comes on....

::::click::::

Someone may have already pointed this out, but Nancy Lieder has been banned from C2C.

Noory got tired of her endless "doomsday next month" claptrap, I guess. Nancy now says Noory is part of the Conspiracy of Silence[TM], but what else would you expect her to say?

[edit for clarity]

Earthbound
2004-Jul-25, 06:59 PM

That would mean almost a tenth of the US population is not only listening to one radio program in the middle of the night when they have to go to work the next day, but calling in, as you say.

Have a few extra zeroes slipped in there?

C2C has a worldwide audience, not just the US. They have received calls from Europe (on their international line) from time to time. They are broadcasted around the world. That way everybody gets to enjoy the lunacy.