2011-Dec-15, 06:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/p55oy.jpg

Not bad eh?

Solfe
2011-Dec-15, 07:33 PM
Nice! What are you using?

PraedSt
2011-Dec-15, 07:34 PM
Not bad at all. This doesn't look like a Blackberry product. You got a new camera?

emmylou
2011-Dec-15, 07:35 PM
I used my 4'5 Orion StarBlast and my Blackberry :D

Nope still my blackberry :) seems I just have a some sort of knack for a good capture :)

Middenrat
2011-Dec-16, 01:08 AM
Very artistic-looking rendition, you've got a good thing going there, Friend :)

LookingSkyward
2011-Dec-16, 01:45 PM
Nice!

emmylou
2011-Dec-16, 07:00 PM
Thank you very much :D

JAICOA
2011-Dec-17, 02:22 AM
Excellent!, Welldone.

Truthful or not
2011-Dec-17, 08:08 AM
I like that photo wish I was able to produce good photos like that :)

emmylou
2011-Dec-17, 06:08 PM
Thank you JAICOA :D

Truthful I never thought I would ever be able to take picture like that so don't lose hope ;)

RickJ
2011-Dec-17, 11:21 PM
It is surprisingly easy to get a good full moon shot by holding a digital camera to the eyepiece. Focus is usually the biggest issue which you've handled nicely. Just because it iclear to the eye doesn't mean it will be clear to the camera. Depends on how well your eye agrees to the camera. In my case the difference is great but my eyes have are in their seventh decade so don't work like new.

I was a supervisor of a public observatory for 27 years. After digital cameras came into being we encouraged patrons to try a shot of the moon this way. They often got very good results.

Rick

emmylou
2011-Dec-17, 11:34 PM
I ain't got my camera till christmas day, all i got is my scope and my blackberry phone :)

RickJ
2011-Dec-18, 06:04 AM
I saw that. But it's still a digital camera. Lots at Hyde used phone cameras as well. For reasons I've never figured out film cameras rarely did very well in this mode.

Rick

emmylou
2011-Dec-27, 11:21 PM
I still think its a great shot :D

I got a new camera for christmas can't wait to start using it, should be a lot clearer than the blackberry camera :)

RickJ
2011-Dec-28, 01:03 AM
It is a good shot. One many fail to try even though they have the gear. That was what I was trying to say. Sorry if it came out otherwise. Digital cameras of all types can do a good job on the moon just held to the eyepiece. Focus is often the difficult issue. One you handle well. At higher powers a web cam is often best but for this type of image a very basic digital camera does a great job.

What's the new camera?

Rick

emmylou
2012-Jan-11, 12:12 AM
Hiya Rick!

Sorry for the late reply not been signed in for ages.

My new cam is a Vivicam 9126 4x digital soon and 9 mega pixels, I don't know what it is going to be like at talking pics yet and my DVD driver is not working so I can't install the software :( not sure what to do now, really sucks as nothing ever seems to go simple for me lol.

Emmy.

CFHinLA
2012-Jan-11, 03:00 PM
Did you check the camera's website? Many times you can find the drivers there without needing the CD for install. A good example would be people who use netbooks. Since thye don't have CD ROM drives, they need to get drivers elsewhere. Give that a try.

Glowingsplint
2012-Jan-20, 10:04 PM
Nice really clear