PDA

View Full Version : Moon Arcs

gadieid
2011-Dec-19, 01:06 PM
Lots of arcs in this picture. I've tried to capture both the moon and the building in focus but did not manage to do so. I took different pictures and now I am not managing to blend them one into another (It seems that there is a different in the exposure). If you have any tips how to take only the moon and put it in another photo(and not using Photoshop which I do not own) and overcome the exposure differnces I will be glad to hear.
Also I have difficulties to upload the photo and not get it degraded too much... I uploaded to picasa and showing full size.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E4rOsd5JJsg/Tu82MEMZlRI/AAAAAAAADUU/wvyZMC0F9-w/s1600/arcs.jpg

The attached is the same on this server. Bad degradation!
Gadi

astromark
2011-Dec-21, 09:55 AM

... and NO. This is not my photo.. This came from a Google question..

Just as the related thread shows.. Tho, this is real, me thinks...

What I do want is other photo's like it please..

It seems to be a quest for the early image of the new moon..

I do note that Venus is in this image also..

astromark
2011-Dec-21, 10:02 AM

... and NO. This is not my photo.. This came from a Google question..

Just as the related thread shows.. Tho, this is real, me thinks...

What I do want is other photo's like it please..

It seems to be a quest for the early image of the new moon..

I do note that Venus is in this image also..

and to 'Gadieid' .. I like your art.. but can offer no help in how to focus both..

other than being a grater distance from the near building with a telephoto lens...

I can suggest a image staking program is what you might need..

but I am unsure of this subject.

gadieid
2011-Dec-22, 11:19 AM
Just to put things stright. The Bright crescent is Venus the Huge crescent which is almost invisible due to photo degradation is the new moon!
It was taken during an occulation
Here is my OWN :-) Photo from that occulation
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mu8JnfhTOBE/S8qoaTxJt2I/AAAAAAAABdM/6g-Hc-pJioQ/s1600/Venus-moon-occulation.jpg