PDA

View Full Version : The code behind digital cameras and the platforms they use

digital rich
2011-Dec-19, 07:00 PM
Hello, Digital Rich here folks we are looking to find out what kind of code is used to make a digital camera work. We want to design some thing, but need to know what platform they use. Thank you

Hornblower
2011-Dec-20, 12:29 AM
Hello, Digital Rich here folks we are looking to find out what kind of code is used to make a digital camera work. We want to design some thing, but need to know what platform they use. Thank youAre you expecting a poll about frequency of using the camera to be a clue as to how it works? If so, how?

Cougar
2011-Dec-20, 01:25 AM
Plus, your poll under-represents the photographer who uses a camera once a week, but takes a week's worth of photos. :D

Solfe
2011-Dec-20, 02:51 AM
I use my camera phone everyday but save the heavier camera 11 mega pixel for holidays.

The purpose of taking photos everyday with a phone is to document the progress of my paintings. In addition to documentation, the photos can display colors that are not visible to the eye. I use this information (artifacts, glare reduction, color processing in GIMP) as feedback for my paintings.

(EDIT - Forgot to mention, I work in a public studio most of the time and have little or no control over the lighting. The blinds are closed when models are present or expected, overhead projectors are in use at random times, overhead lights sometimes have blown bulbs for days at a time, etc.)

Tensor
2011-Dec-20, 03:44 AM
Which one? I have several that I use depending on the circumstances, needs, and who I'm shooting for.

mfumbesi
2011-Dec-20, 02:05 PM
Are you expecting a poll about frequency of using the camera to be a clue as to how it works? If so, how?
^What he said.

digital rich
2012-Jan-02, 08:23 PM
no I was intrested in finding out how offten people use digital cameras, as for how they work I was trying to research the platforms for which some Cameras are based and built. My friend along with my self have an idea we are working on for the future. Thats all we can say!!! So any information from programers or anyone with a little Digital Camera insight is and would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!

pantaz
2012-Jan-03, 04:50 AM
Are you familiar with CHDK (Canon Hack Development Kit) (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK)? It's an open-source project that allows access to the firmware of many Canon digital cameras.