PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn more about the Sun and Northern lights?

pbrekke
2012-Jan-06, 12:02 AM
After many years working at NASA for the SOHO project... also with public outreach... I just published a book for the public that I thing may be of interest for many forum members..
Its called... "Our Explosive Sun A Visual Feast of Our Source of Light and Life", Springer will have a press-release in a few weeks but the book is already available on Springer and Amazon (you can vireo all pages... So if you want to know more about the Sun, the auroras and how to take pictures of the northern lights it may be useful...

Bringing the science to the public is important...

Our Explosive Sun includes 143 color illustrations and photos of the Sun, several of which were made especially for the book and have never been published before. Additional material, available via Springer Extras, includes a large number of animations and video material. A PowerPoint presentation of the book is a useful resource for teachers."

Swift
2012-Jan-06, 02:33 AM
Hi pbrekke, welcome to BAUT. I suppose this post is a little bit of a self promotion ;), but yes, it sounds like a book of much interest to people around here.

I hope you stick around, your experience at NASA, with SOHO, and with public outreach would all be useful here.

pbrekke
2012-Jan-06, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the message.. I apologize this - but I hope people find it interesting... It is Springer that will make the money.. I just want to get people interested in our fascinated Sun.....So this is a good starting point... I was not sure this post would show up so I tried other places to... Juts let me know if I step over the line :)

tusenfem
2012-Jan-06, 12:11 PM
I just deleted 4 messages promoting your book, that IS too much.