PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, A Brief Visit

BigDon
2012-Jan-14, 03:49 PM
I'm probably not back perminately as my sanity floats somewhere between Johnny Depps' "Willie Wonka" and the grandfather from "Chitty-chitty Bang-Bang" but I had to post a finding I made in one of my remaining tanks this very morning at 7:30 AM PST...

I seem to have successfully spawned Indian Pea Puffers!

Don't know if I'm the first person to do so, but I am floored none the less.

Quite unintentionally I assure you. I'll try to get a picture of the babies, which are the size of small peas at the moment.

Wish I could have seen the eggs

Swift
2012-Jan-14, 04:10 PM
Take care Big D and good luck with the fishes

Jim
2012-Jan-14, 06:43 PM
"Indian Pea Puffers"

You made that up, didn't you?

Oh, no... I guess not.

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddbal1208.jpg

Cute little bugger.

BigDon
2012-Jan-14, 06:54 PM
That's a female or a frightened male Jim. Considering the hand in the picture it could go either way. Dominate males have horizontal stripes.

The little guy I found this morning is barely a quarter of an inch long and box-like in shape. Reminds me a lot of a cow fish without the horns. His body colors are brilliant green with the black spots.

How do you find out if you're the first? I used to know but all my contacts are dead now.

And being a non-photographic type of person, dispite really, really wanting to, I can't get a descent shot of the baby fish. Though I'm trying. At least the film for the digital camera isn't all that expensive. :whistle:

BigDon
2012-Jan-14, 07:09 PM
Well, good bye.

I'll try to make it back sometime soon.

Fazor
2012-Jan-14, 10:29 PM
"BigDon hasn't been around in a while," Thought Fazor. A cold chill ran down his spine. "That crazy old ba. . . he's finally done it. I bet he's finally done it! He's engineered his own mutant army!"

. . . thanks for coming by and confirming my greatest fears, Big-D. ;) Good luck with the fishies!

Van Rijn
2012-Jan-17, 02:38 AM
Yes, good to hear from you, BD. I was a bit concerned given some of your comments about your health before your last break. Try not to take quite so long on your next break, okay?

DonM435
2012-Jan-17, 06:36 PM

How do you find out if you're the first? I used to know but all my contacts are dead now.

Well, if you really got rid of all your competitors that way, you probably are the first!

BigDon
2012-Jan-18, 02:41 AM
"Indian Pea Puffers"

You made that up, didn't you?

Oh, no... I guess not.

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddbal1208.jpg

Cute little bugger.

Does sound a lot like "Peruvian Puff Peppers" of Drake and Josh and iCarly fame.