PDA

View Full Version : So I'm getting fs-lasik done on one of my eyes in 10 days. (tuesday next week)

HenrikOlsen
2012-Feb-03, 11:20 PM
Any advice for me from those who've had it already?

After a bit of discussion with the optometrist at the clinic I ended up deciding to get my farsighted astigmatic right eye fixed and keeping the nearsighted eye left untouched, as that means I likely won't be needing reading glasses later while gaining good vision in the mid range which is what I've been missing because none of the eyes are good there.

John Mendenhall
2012-Feb-06, 04:10 PM
Henrik - my niece had it done 3 weeks ago. Results are great! 20/30 from something terrible before. She also says her night vision improved enormously, no glare from the glasses.

Good luck, regards, John M.

HenrikOlsen
2012-Feb-15, 10:10 AM
Got it yesterday, had first followup test today, 20/17 on the fixed eye. I'm happy.

geonuc
2012-Feb-15, 11:50 AM
Awesome. You've inspired me to look into it.

Torsten
2012-Feb-15, 03:45 PM
Good to hear.

Amazing that there seems to be little or no "recovery period" with that treatment.

Fazor
2012-Feb-15, 05:03 PM
Good to hear.

Amazing that there seems to be little or no "recovery period" with that treatment.

That's what I loved about it. I went from not being able to distinguish a face on someone sitting across a table from me to having 30/20 vision (at post-op test), and it was literally the instant they folded the lens back down over my eye. I don't know about Henrik, but I had no pain what so ever.

mike alexander
2012-Feb-15, 05:08 PM
My lens replacement was just about a month ago. By that time both eyes were worse than 20/200 on the charts and I was blind for practical purposes. Taking off the bandage a day later was a physical jolt (you forget quickly how bright and sharp things can look).

It is interesting how my brain essentially ignores my left eye for now.

dethfire
2012-Feb-15, 07:20 PM
I wish I could get lasik. My eye condition is not correctable though :(

Gillianren
2012-Feb-15, 09:20 PM
I don't know if mine is or isn't. I'm willing to doubt my coverage extends to the treatment, since they won't even pay for glasses. I can get an eye exam, but not the glasses.

Fazor
2012-Feb-15, 09:26 PM
I don't know if mine is or isn't. I'm willing to doubt my coverage extends to the treatment, since they won't even pay for glasses. I can get an eye exam, but not the glasses.
I'm pretty sure they still treat Lasik as a cosmetic surgery, so no. Probably not covered. But I'm not an expert in health insurance (not even an amateur in it.)

Gillianren
2012-Feb-16, 03:03 AM
I doubt there are many elective procedures covered by my plan. And I really doubt you're an expert in Medicaid.

Fazor
2012-Feb-16, 03:10 AM
And I really doubt you're an expert in Medicaid.
Is there even such a thing?

weflyhigh
2012-Feb-23, 04:45 PM
Congratulations on a successful procedure! I've had glasses for about 11 years now and have always been skeptical about trying lasik! I definitely can't distinguish any faces from even a five foot radius with my glasses off =( Thank you for posting! I will definitely be looking into it now as well. It's also nice to know that there is little to none recovery period! Thanks again!