2012-Feb-22, 01:54 PM
My Dads started this sport over a year ago its a superb way to fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKK1Gr9S4I4

Swift
2012-Feb-22, 02:09 PM
My Dads started this sport over a year ago its a superb way to fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKK1Gr9S4I4
Glowingsplint,

If you look at our rules (Rule 8 in particular) we ask people not to use the embed video feature, but just post a link. Such videos can be a problem for those with limited bandwidth and using a link avoids any possible copyright issues. Thanks,

Glowingsplint
2012-Feb-22, 03:16 PM
Glowingsplint,

If you look at our rules (Rule 8 in particular) we ask people not to use the embed video feature, but just post a link. Such videos can be a problem for those with limited bandwidth and using a link avoids any possible copyright issues. Thanks,

I will remember next time

profloater
2012-Feb-22, 05:43 PM
It looks great... but...I have two friends who do or did this so I hope your dad is wise. One gave it up when the world champion (or something) killed himself (many years ago) and the other was lucky to live after a fall last year. Both accidents were caused by turning downwind too close to the ground and not having the momentum to maintain lift, so you can lose a lot of height before picking up enough speed again.

Glowingsplint
2012-Feb-22, 05:49 PM
Thats why i think that its strange thats its a fairly unregulated sport, the fact that people can buy these on ebay and use them without any training is worrying. People really need instruction on weather effects ie high and low pressure weather systems, also ground controls are important people really need to build on solid foundations.

profloater
2012-Feb-22, 05:52 PM
I like the solid foundations bit, you want to avoid hitting those too. :rolleyes:

HenrikOlsen
2012-Feb-22, 08:56 PM
Thats why i think that its strange thats its a fairly unregulated sport, the fact that people can buy these on ebay and use them without any training is worrying. People really need instruction on weather effects ie high and low pressure weather systems, also ground controls are important people really need to build on solid foundations.
Suicide isn't illegal.

Glowingsplint
2012-Feb-22, 09:16 PM
Suicide isn't illegal.

:rolleyes:Not as dangerous as space fight i must add.

Ara Pacis
2012-Feb-22, 09:31 PM
When you said started, I thought you meant "invented" at first. It might be fun, but I want to finish learning trikes first. In the US such activities are regulated by the FAA as ultralights and though people don't need to be certificated, it's recommended they work with the EAA or para-spacific orgs.