PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Read the BABB?

stu
2004-Sep-06, 02:14 AM
I usually just go to the "View posts since last visit" option - unless I'm on a different computer - and I was curious to know what other people do.

Candy
2004-Sep-06, 02:27 AM
I click on the "View posts since last visit" option. I sometimes lurk around. I often cyberstalk certain posters. But don't tell the BA, Milli, HUb', Tranquility, or Gullible Jones. 8-[

Normandy6644
2004-Sep-06, 03:39 AM
I generally only go into the forums I'm interested in, only because I know I won't have anything good to say in the others. :D

Master258
2004-Sep-06, 03:49 AM
mostly forms I'm interested in. I will check the others though.

Kizarvexis
2004-Sep-06, 05:46 AM
I generally only go into the forums I'm interested in, only because I know I won't have anything good to say in the others. :D

Same here and which forums changes depending on what's going on.

Kizarvexis

Excelsior
2004-Sep-06, 09:35 AM
Each time I visit I click "view your posts" to reply. Then I read each forum.

johnb
2004-Sep-06, 09:45 AM
Usually I read the community posts then browse at random through the other fora. Most of the time I just read; now and then I reply or ask a question/post.

paulie jay
2004-Sep-06, 10:45 AM
I picked option one. I tend to do a lot more reading than actual posting. Sometimes I lose track of which topics I've replied in... 8-[

Andromeda321
2004-Sep-06, 04:47 PM
Depends how much time I've got. If I've only got a little bit of time I'll just go to BABBling/ General Astronomy and see what catches my eye. If it's a REALLY short amount of time I'll just quickly read the posts for threads I'm following closely.
If, as is the case too often :wink: , I am procrastinating and have too much time, I'll check out every forum.

The Supreme Canuck
2004-Sep-06, 05:29 PM
I go through each forum. Don't want to miss anything good. :wink:

cyswxman
2004-Sep-06, 05:48 PM
Depends how much time I've got. If I've only got a little bit of time I'll just go to BABBling/ General Astronomy and see what catches my eye. If it's a REALLY short amount of time I'll just quickly read the posts for threads I'm following closely.
If, as is the case too often :wink: , I am procrastinating and have too much time, I'll check out every forum.

Pretty much the case for me.

R.A.F.
2004-Sep-06, 09:00 PM
It really depends on what is happening on the board. If I'm involved in a discussion, then I'll tend to post there unless something else catches my attention. If I'm not involved in a discussion, then I'll just look at the new posts.

...I always keep an eye out for any JayUtah posts...they're always interesting.

Brady Yoon
2004-Sep-07, 05:48 AM
I go to the forums I'm interested; BABBling, General Astronomy, Against the Mainstream, and sometimes Martian Chronicles.

Padawan
2004-Sep-07, 06:01 AM
i go mainly to general astronomyand this community board, i have to say that the others dont fancy me as much

Roy Batty
2004-Sep-07, 01:10 PM
How Do You Read the BABB?
relaxing, with a glass of wine 8)

Candy
2004-Sep-07, 07:10 PM
relaxing, with a glass of wine 8) :lol: =D>

I wanted to say from left to right, but my sense of humor gets me in trouble a lot. :wink:

stu
2004-Sep-07, 08:22 PM
relaxing, with a glass of wine 8)

I must say, this is a great response. :D

ToSeek
2004-Sep-08, 01:38 PM
Usually, I'm pretty thorough, going through all the forums. But my first morning visit or if I'm in a hurry, I usually just look for the highlights: threads of interest in BABBling, General Astronomy, Martian Chronicles, maybe a couple of others.

Kebsis
2004-Sep-08, 05:58 PM
With my feet.

Doe, John
2004-Sep-09, 02:57 AM
I go to every forum, but in the ones where I feel out of my depth I skim a few threads and then "hit mark all read". I've got this hang-up about leaving anything unread :roll:

Jpax2003
2004-Sep-09, 05:43 AM
[William Shatner voice] one word at a time. [/William Shatner voice]

stu
2004-Sep-09, 09:56 PM
I go to every forum, but in the ones where I feel out of my depth I skim a few threads and then "hit mark all read". I've got this hang-up about leaving anything unread :roll:

Yeah, so do I. I think it's part of my obsessive personality. 8)

ToSeek
2004-Sep-10, 01:41 AM

Yes, eventually I either have to go through and real all the threads or at least mark them as read. I can't leave them dangling indefinitely.