PDA

View Full Version : Setting up an E-Bay account

Buttercup
2012-May-19, 08:37 PM
What are the options for receiving payment via E-Bay for items sold?

I'm confused as to the credit card option (though certainly don't mind receiving payment to it, in order to pay my debt down). And apparently E-Bay no longer allows sellers to receive payment via regular mail (personal checks/cheques or money orders).

Please advise. Thanks in advance. :)

Trebuchet
2012-May-19, 11:13 PM
I think most people use PayPal, which provides a certain amount of protection to both the buyer and seller.

Extravoice
2012-May-20, 01:15 AM
I've sold a few things on eBay, and use PayPal. I set up the account a very long time ago...before eBay bought PayPal. I think they forced me to link a checking account for incoming payments. I didn't like the idea, but there was little choice at the time.

Solfe
2012-May-20, 02:52 AM
Sign up with a credit/debt card linked to your Paypal account. I would suggest having a specific card/bank account for this purpose by means of protection. Using the credit card is better than a bank account but both protect you and the seller in a transaction.

Tangent 1 - Avoid anyone who wants to have a check transaction on ebay. Invariably these are scams now-a-days.

Tangent 2 - Did you know that you can use Palpay at some Home Depot? How cool is that.