PDA

View Full Version : ALIENS ON THE MOON?!

Renaldo
2002-May-28, 11:24 AM
I was reading the moon hoax article posted on the ufos-aliens.co.uk site when i stumbled across a link to a section of the site dealing with UFO encounters by the Apollo and Gemini astronauts.

First of all. Why is tis site trying to prove that the moon landings are fake, AND in the same breath are trying to critisize NASA for not releasing pictures and video footage of UFO encounters?? Conflict of interest? Or just plain stoopid?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

For those that have not read this page, it's basically 'bout a NASA conspiracy to cover up UFO encounters and shut up astronauts witnessing it. There were reports of unnatural geometrical structures, tracks, flashing lights, water lines, domes, tunnels and so on. They even claim that Neil Armstrong said that he had a close encounter of the fourth kind(aliens talking to him), where alien beings warned him not to start a "Moon City".

From one point of view it sounds silly. From another it sounds like a pretty convincing argument. If you wanted to observe [invade???]a certain type of almost extinct South American rainforest tribe that has not been exposed to the outside world, would you sit a 1000 miles away and monitor them through very potent telescopes, or would you move in closer? Close enough to casually witness events, and far enough as not to be noticed?

Just a thought. Would love some opinions on this conspiracy theory.

Martian Jim
2002-May-28, 11:40 AM
grr! darn, our secrete moon base has been found and our plan has been foiled

Firefox
2002-May-28, 12:40 PM
Hah, leave it to Martians to be discovered first. NASA will never find our underground Imperial base! Haha-wait...

Adam

2002-May-28, 01:04 PM
<a name="20020528.4:55"> page 20020528.4:55 aka recon / camera
there's very, VERY: little doubt in my mind
that EarthLinks are about to inBark upon
a reduction in FOURCE that makes WWi & its
Made in the S Pacific sequals look like a
weak tea party.. but never mind the nu D'tails
just now.. Earth According to me's also just
beginning a 400 year Eposodic Uplift along
the Pacific N.W. coast line of Hundreds of feet
So you do the math #Ft [times] total weigh in Pounds?

Art Vandelay
2002-May-29, 04:10 PM
On 2002-05-28 07:24, Renaldo wrote:

First of all. Why is tis site trying to prove that the moon landings are fake, AND in the same breath are trying to critisize NASA for not releasing pictures and video footage of UFO encounters?? Conflict of interest? Or just plain stoopid?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was wondering the same thing a little while back. I asked the webmaster to explain this apparent conflict but he ignored me. So, my guess is "plain stoopid"

Art

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Art Vandelay on 2002-05-31 16:00 ]</font>

Renaldo
2002-May-30, 07:52 AM
is it actually suprising that they ignored the question? it seems like these people can only throw around acusations but as soon as you challenge them, they run away like scared puppies.

i would like to know myself whether they b-lieve the moon landings were fake, or whether they b-lieve that NASA is trying to cover up an alien invasion (WHY?????).

a question we'll propably never here the answer to.

Martian Jim
2002-May-31, 07:56 AM
why would aliens want to invade earth?
nothing special about it, espicaily since its already damaged with global warming.

perhaps they thought it was home to the ewoks, so they want them for cuddly pets /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jovianboy
2002-May-31, 08:24 AM
Aliens on the Moon: The whole assertion is utterly ludicrous. The point with these intellectually-challenged conspiracy theorists is that they don't care what any given conspiracy is about, just as long as there is a conspiracy to talk about. Self-contradiction is never an issue with them because they're not arguing from a logical standpoint, they're simply indulging in a fantasy. And as we all know, fantasies have no rules or restrictions.

These people are so obsessed with their particular fantasy that if they were to be suddenly convinced of its falsehood, their entire world would fall apart. Conspiracy theorists, like many fundamentalist born-again Christians, are typically people for whom reality is all a bit too much to handle. Their indulgence is an escape from the real world. Tear down their illusion, and there would be nothing left for them to grab onto. These are the kind of sad and often socially-inept people that we are dealing with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jovianboy on 2002-05-31 04:38 ]</font>

cosmicdave
2002-Jun-02, 08:35 PM
I run the site that you talk about. It seems that my site is flavour of the month on this board at the moment. I'm sorry if I did not reply to your Email (I get around 500 Emails a day and may have missed yours).

Anyway to set the record straight. All of the photos on the page except one (which incidently shows Aldrin with a bright light above him - spotlight?)shows strange lights or UFOs to use a better term, that are taken whilst in orbit. If you read my Apollo Hoax article you'll see that this fits in with my theory that the Apollo never landed.

Hope that answers your question.

2002-Jun-02, 11:42 PM

Itīs a little known fact that Clyde Lewis has done a bit of the same thing.

As you all know, Clyde Lewis believe that the moon landings are faked, yet in this essay on his website:

http://www.clydelewis.com/dis/swarm/swarm.html

.. he writes:

"When Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon he knew the risks. What if he stepped off and was fried on camera? It didn't happen but what if it did? You don't think he understood that he could be left on the moon to die? What has changed in the Attitudes of space cowboy heroes?"

.... thus speaking of Apollo 11 as a matter of fact. As something that DID indeed happen. So which one is it, Clyde ? Did they or did they not land ?

Tomblvd
2002-Jun-03, 12:01 AM
On 2002-06-02 19:42, Cyberspaced wrote:

Itīs a little known fact that Clyde Lewis has done a bit of the same thing.

As you all know, Clyde Lewis believe that the moon landings are faked, yet in this essay on his website:

http://www.clydelewis.com/dis/swarm/swarm.html

.. he writes:

"When Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon he knew the risks. What if he stepped off and was fried on camera? It didn't happen but what if it did? You don't think he understood that he could be left on the moon to die? What has changed in the Attitudes of space cowboy heroes?"

.... thus speaking of Apollo 11 as a matter of fact. As something that DID indeed happen. So which one is it, Clyde ? Did they or did they not land ?

Ah, the incoherent musing of the incomparable (in his own mind) Clyde Lewis. Of all the nutcases on the web, he is close to the worst.

One term that never comes to mind when I think of Clyde is "consistency". He jumps around his conclusions more than cosmicdave, and THAT is saying something.

Have you been to his forum lately? Are they discussing the hoax again?

Just after the Fox show, there was a lot of activity on his forum. I met Johnno and The Rat while posting there. It was by far the most fun I've ever had posting on a message board. You would pick apart one of Clyde's statements and he would in turn launch into an extended diatribe bemoaning how he was just looking for the truth, and how this continually put him in danger (from the government, I guess). It's a real shame that after most of the real entertaining posts, the entire forum was dumped. God that would be great to go back and read.

Martian Jim
2002-Jun-03, 06:52 AM
The goverment are after him? perhaps they were the guys with the white jackets comming to take him home.

if the moon hoax was real i dont think the goverment would go after him because that would make people more suspicouse. why do they always say that anyway?

DarwinsBrainFart
2007-Sep-20, 12:00 PM
"These people are so obsessed with their particular fantasy that if they were to be suddenly convinced of its falsehood, their entire world would fall apart. Conspiracy theorists, like many fundamentalist born-again Christians, are typically people for whom reality is all a bit too much to handle. Their indulgence is an escape from the real world. Tear down their illusion, and there would be nothing left for them to grab onto. These are the kind of sad and often socially-inept people that we are dealing with."

I have never heard of such hateful bigotry being spewed from an orifice of someone insinuating their own intellectual superiority in the same thought before. Wait! Yes I have... Hitler said the same thing about the Jews before he began his mass extinction campaign.
Where do you get the facts for your assumptions and ill-informed (not to mention hateful) statements about Christians? Are you a mental health professional? Your statements about Christians are as founded on facts as the occult philosophies of the eugenics movement during the Third Reich.
I am offended by your opinion about Christians and find it very hateful, misleading, and intolerant. Your opinion is lacking in social manner, civility, and depth.
Most of the the fathers of modern science were in fact Born-Again Christians, and fanatical in their beliefs at that!
Careful words like "many", "typically", and "often" are no excuse for the slander of any group (especially when it is a broad group which has been specifically noted)!
Some individuals do have strange or even seemingly far-fetched theories (even flat out contradictory positions). It is the duty of the rational public to state the facts and inaccuracies of their reasoning, not diagnose the personalities and mental conditions of the individuals who have such theories.
On the other hand, you have no factual ground on which to claim a false spiritual belief (same goes for those claiming a true spiritual belief). To claim Christians are living in fantasy because they can not handle reality is unfounded and immature. It has no more basis than my saying that your awakening from a nightmare screaming or disoriented (belief) was because of your inability to cope with reality. While it may be a nice theory it is a long stretch from "personal difficulties" to dreams of "lions ripping at your inards" (there is no physical evidence found between).

Neverfly
2007-Sep-20, 12:20 PM
JovianBoys last post date:

13-December-2005, 01:20 AM

<chuckle> maybe if you yell loud enough he might hear you....:p

Serenitude
2007-Sep-20, 03:12 PM
DarwinsBrainFart - First off, welcome to BAUTForum.

Second - please take the time to visit the AboutBAUT forum and read our rules for posting. I'll link you to them, here:

http://www.bautforum.com/about-baut/32864-rules-posting-board.html

We have rules for posting, including ad-homs, civility, and decorum, disparaging of religion is specifically prohibited, etc... In one post, you have managed to break most of them. I can understand maybe you haven't read them, and will cut you some slack - we aren't your average internet rant forum. But we do expect better behavior from here on out. Consider this an Official Warning, considering the subject matter of your first post.

Furthermore, thread necromancy is rarely productive in the CT forum. Our posters tend to be seagull types, and rarely, if ever, stick around long, let alone read threads years later. So such hysteria over an old thread is likely an excercise in futility.

sts60
2007-Sep-20, 04:43 PM
Thread necromancy, angry reply to someone who hasn't posted in nearly two years, and Godwin in three sentences. Hmm.

Oh, and welcome, DBF.

PhantomWolf
2007-Sep-20, 09:23 PM
We have rules for posting, including ad-homs, civility, and decorum, disparaging of religion is specifically prohibited, etc... In one post, you have managed to break most of them.

I'd point out that in he post he wasn't doing this, but seemed annoyed at someone he thinks was. That he was 5 years late is a different matter...

tofu
2007-Sep-20, 09:37 PM
Thread necromancy

I think this is the newest form of newbie-ism on the net. I remember being irked at people who would top-post in usenet (http://catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html) way back in '94 or so. Then the AOL users started showing up and the way you'd spot a newbie was that they would POST IN ALL CAPS FOR NO GOOD REASON. Fast-forward to 2007 and we have people bumping five year old threads. Awesome.

Hey Serenitude. Is there any possible way to look at the logs and find out what search terms this guy used to find this thread? I think it'd be really interesting to know that. He must have been searching for something.

Neverfly
2007-Sep-20, 09:49 PM
Most likely it came up on a search and he read the thread without actually noticing the dates.
I remember doing it myself, but caught myself in time.

Serenitude
2007-Sep-20, 10:23 PM
I'd point out that in he post he wasn't doing this, but seemed annoyed at someone he thinks was. That he was 5 years late is a different matter...

My mistake - indeed, he was not. I gaffed on a quick re-read. Good eye ;)

Serenitude
2007-Sep-20, 10:24 PM
Hey Serenitude. Is there any possible way to look at the logs and find out what search terms this guy used to find this thread? I think it'd be really interesting to know that. He must have been searching for something.

Not that I know of. I'll take a look around, but I don't think so :(

Grand_Lunar
2007-Sep-21, 12:11 AM
It'd odd to see old threads come to life.

I know that cosmicdave won't be returning to provide shameless plugs for his bilge.

Maksutov
2007-Sep-28, 08:49 AM
Is it true that bile produced from being upset by a five-year-old thread immediately becomes stale?

If so, lord de-liver us from such things. 'Tis a far, far bitter thing we do...

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/ekelig/k020.gif

Nowhere Man
2007-Sep-28, 01:25 PM
THAT took a lot of gall...

Fred

Donnie B.
2007-Sep-28, 05:42 PM
No, he just has a gut feeling for these things.

sts60
2007-Sep-28, 05:52 PM
Please, I can't stomach any more.

Anla'Shok
2007-Sep-28, 05:58 PM
I like this site, it's a good place to "vent your spleen". sorry just jumping on the bandwagon.

KaiYeves
2007-Sep-28, 10:21 PM
Responding to title:
No, I went straight to Earth after a brief sojourn on Mars and have never been to any other planets in this system. My Superviors have heck with unauthorized vacations.

vonmazur
2007-Sep-29, 05:59 PM
NO, the bile of a five year old thread can be made into the water of life, by the Benegeresset, how many times do I have to remind you???

Dale

Count Zero
2007-Oct-07, 06:30 AM
<Wishing for a Pernese dragon to incinerate this thread.>

BertL
2007-Oct-07, 10:27 AM
If aliens would even exist, why would they be even be on the moon? It's basically one big lump made out of stone! What use is that for an alien?

Daffy
2007-Oct-07, 03:35 PM
If aliens would even exist, why would they be even be on the moon? It's basically one big lump made out of stone! What use is that for an alien?

A good place to hide a monolith?

Laguna
2007-Oct-07, 06:09 PM
Great place to get some cheese

KaiYeves
2007-Oct-07, 07:21 PM
One might also ask what good it was for the Transformers to land on Mars. Oh, wait, that wasn't Mars, the sky was wrong, and Beagle 2 didn't have a rover. My bad.

Count Zero
2007-Oct-08, 12:40 AM

As Wormface's staging area for the Invasion, of course.

Yes, Have Spacesuit, Will Travel is my favorite Heinlein. ;)

PhantomWolf
2007-Oct-08, 01:09 AM
Well since the thread is still alive. I can catagorically state that 6 times in recent history there were Aliens on the moon. These times ranged between 1 and 3 days at a time and were extensively recorded by NASA on video, film and photographs. As part of their trip there, these Aliens conducted numerous experiements to determine the origins of our planet and solar system as well as recording both the Earth and the Moon in some detail. They even left behind monuments to their endevour (and a lot of junk.)

"Here Men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon, July 1969 A.D. We came in peace for all mankind."

"...as I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come - but we believe not too long into the future - I'd like to just (say) what I believe history will record. That America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus- Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. "Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."

KaiYeves
2007-Oct-08, 01:39 AM
If I am the first person on Mars, which is really unlikely, my first words will be "Now there is life on Mars."

ineluki
2007-Oct-08, 12:33 PM
Most likely it came up on a search and he read the thread without actually noticing the dates..

Which isn't that farfetched, after all our HBs are still using the same debunked "proof" the used five years ago.

Neverfly
2007-Oct-08, 01:05 PM
Yeah but it must have sparked. Look at this thread now...
Too bad the economy isn't this easy to rejuvinate.

torque of the town
2007-Oct-08, 07:13 PM
Great place to get some cheese

But, beware of fridge with black-jack.....

SirThoreth
2007-Oct-10, 09:07 AM
If I am the first person on Mars, which is really unlikely, my first words will be "Now there is life on Mars."

See, for me, it'd probably be "It's a godawful small affair, to the girl with the mousy hair..."

(too obscure?)

PhantomWolf
2007-Oct-10, 08:44 PM
I'd probably have to go with...

"OMG what are those...!" and then cut the transmission. ;)

KaiYeves
2007-Oct-11, 01:07 AM
(too obscure?)
Ita vero, amicus. (Latin: Yes, indeed, my friend)
I wouldn't want to give it a negative tone, but I might say
"It's a shame you can't see this, Dr. Sagan."

William
2007-Oct-14, 05:52 PM

There was for a while a couple of web sites that claimed there was an alien base on the dark side of the moon. The alien story seemed to be quite involved. Some sort of prime directive type of premise.

You know, the aliens like to watch a primitive evolving civilization but can not directly interact with humans until we stop killing each other, reach some level of technology, and who knows what else.

The whole issue of aliens, is only speculative without, hard evidence. (i.e. A person can logically chose whatever they want to believe.)

Comment:
I did see a interview with a Rosswell relative that seemed interesting. They described a room temperature super conductor that had interesting properties. I don't see how someone in a small town could have made up what they observed. They said the material appeared to straighten by itself and was impervious to a high temperature flame. A super conductor is a perfect black body so it would dissipate (radiate the energy of a high temperature flame.) The material could not be cut with the equipment that was available in the town. The small town people seem quite sincere and were exited about what they had found.

The next part of that story is sad and has to do with the cold war, so I will not repeat it.