PDA

View Full Version : Neil Armstrong's response

AstroMike
2002-Jun-03, 05:51 AM
I was browsing the http://www.moonhoax.com forum when I came across this interesting post.

Hello people
Date: 07 Apr 2002
Time: 19:20:39

Comments
I heard about this site through a friend of mine. I have not watched the film that's been mentioned however i would like to share some of my thoughts and knowledge with you. I have not apperared in the media for many reasons, one of which is the attention that i find disturbing. We were out there doing our job. I was a test pilot before the space program, we all were, and we are not the ones who placed men on moon. The organization is called NASA. I am proud of what we did for this country, I hope future generations will be proud of us and our country. I have nothing more to say about what we did back in 1969, the world knows it. The hoax phenomenon was always there, even when we first got back. It is entertaining for some to think it otherwise, but you folks actually believe Russians would let us get away with such a lie?.

-Neil Armstrong

Alan G. Archer
2002-Jun-03, 08:56 AM
Amazing!

In the same forum, "MIKE" wrote:

WHERE IS ARMSTRONG?
Date: 26 Mar 2002
Time: 04:03:10

Comments
NEIL ARMSTRONG, FIRST MAN TO STEP ON MOON....GREAT ACHIEVEMENT RIGHT? HOW COME WE NEVER SEE HIM, HEAR HIM...EVEN READ ABOUT HIM? HE IS ALIVE...YET WE ALWAYS SEE BUZZ, ON LATE NIGHT T.V SHOWS TALKING ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE MOON. IS NEIL BEING SILENCED?....IS BUZZ THE GREAT SHOW MAN?.....I RATHER BELIEVE MEN DID WALK ON THE MOON....BUT KEEP AN OPEN MIND, JUST IN CASE.

Then "Neil Armstrong" lands on the http://www.moonhoax.com forum on 7 April 2002 (see top of this thread).

Later, on 9 April 2002, 'Neil "Under" Armstrong!' wrote:

Apolo 17 Real Media Vid clips: 22 of 'em!
Date: 09 Apr 2002
Time: 07:17:35

Comments
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a17/video17.html

One week later, "Neil Armstrong" wrote:

Re: hello neil please im me and tell me what are you are doing th...
Date: 16 Apr 2002
Time: 22:37:06

Comments
No, I do not teach at the university of ohio. I train test pilots at the red-flag flight academy in arizona. In a few years I will retire to florida and write a book about my life and friends.

-Thanks!

Is this really Neil Armstrong?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alan G. Archer on 2002-06-03 05:00 ]</font>

JayUtah
2002-Jun-03, 03:05 PM
With the information presented, I doubt it is really Neil Armstrong. It's not his style to post directly to web sites. Further, he has seen the Fox program and he is not blase about about it. He issued a letter through his office denying the implications of murder in the coverage of Apollo 1.

GrapesOfWrath
2002-Jun-04, 11:08 AM
Plus, I think he would capitalize "i"

Neil Armstrong
2002-Jun-04, 11:29 AM
Is this really Neil Armstrong?

Of course, it was me.

And, Good Luck, Mr Plait!

kucharek
2002-Jun-04, 11:33 AM
Of course, the above was not Neil, but me.
It took me two minutes to register here as Neil Armstrong and another minute to get the email address neil.armstrong@gmx.com as an alias for my real one.

C'mon boys, it's no problem to fake an identity on the net!

SpacedOut
2002-Jun-04, 02:25 PM
On 2002-06-04 07:29, Neil Armstrong wrote:
And, Good Luck, Mr Plait!

Love that old urban legend (http://www.snopes2.com/quotes/mrgorsky.htm). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[added link / Fixed Link /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpacedOut on 2002-06-04 11:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpacedOut on 2002-06-04 11:05 ]</font>

jec96
2002-Jun-05, 10:35 PM
Having watched the video on moonhoax, the one entitled "The last man to see the Apollo 11 crew" what the hell did that clip prove? I mean, he never denied it occured, so what was the point? Some enlightenment please for this rational thinking individual... Also, though I firmly believe we went to the moon, I have seen video clips of the flag at the Apollo 11 site "waving" is it fakery to sell videos, or a rational answer?

Edit: Never mind, I guess I should have read this site better! (The flag waving that is, the other question is still active) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jec96 on 2002-06-05 19:26 ]</font>

AstroMike
2002-Jun-06, 12:15 AM
On 2002-06-05 18:35, jec96 wrote:
I have seen video clips of the flag at the Apollo 11 site "waving" is it fakery to sell videos, or a rational answer?

A rational answer of course, and you can read more about it in this recent thread (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1358&forum=3&16). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Basically, there are rational answers for each of the HBs' arguments.

jec96
2002-Jun-06, 08:36 PM
Thanks AstroMike, that does a great job.

Moon Man
2005-Nov-10, 03:25 PM
I was browsing the http://www.moonhoax.com forum when I came across this interesting post.

Hello people
Date: 07 Apr 2002
Time: 19:20:39

Comments
I heard about this site through a friend of mine. I have not watched the film that's been mentioned however i would like to share some of my thoughts and knowledge with you. I have not apperared in the media for many reasons, one of which is the attention that i find disturbing. We were out there doing our job. I was a test pilot before the space program, we all were, and we are not the ones who placed men on moon. The organization is called NASA. I am proud of what we did for this country, I hope future generations will be proud of us and our country. I have nothing more to say about what we did back in 1969, the world knows it. The hoax phenomenon was always there, even when we first got back. It is entertaining for some to think it otherwise, but you folks actually believe Russians would let us get away with such a lie?.

-Neil Armstrong
I haven't check the site to see if this was real, but if it was, I thought Armstrong did what he did for man, and mankind, and not for America..?

I guess he lied, imagine that...

Hamlet
2005-Nov-10, 05:08 PM
I haven't check the site to see if this was real, but if it was, I thought Armstrong did what he did for man, and mankind, and not for America..?

I guess he lied, imagine that...

You haven't bother to check the authenticity of the document, but you're still willing to make a snide remark about Armstrong's character? Very classy.

BTW, we're still waiting for your evidence that Apollo was faked.

JohnW
2005-Nov-10, 05:43 PM
Of course, the above was not Neil, but me.
Two commas in a five-word sentence and you have to point this out? Credit us with some intelligence!

Maksutov
2005-Nov-10, 05:52 PM

I guess he lied, imagine that...Just what we need, another jkmccrann!

It appears your grasp is limited to straws, Moon Man.

Sigh.

Maksutov
2005-Nov-10, 05:55 PM
Two commas in a five-word sentence and you have to point this out? Credit us with some intelligence!Even in a 3 1/2-year-old post, it's still called humor, JohnW. :lol:

Jakenorrish
2005-Nov-10, 05:59 PM
Oh for Pete's sake, he hasn't figured out how to post in other threads too has he? Yawn!

Candy
2005-Nov-10, 06:05 PM
You guys are making my head hurt today bouncing between threads. ;)

It's back to Off-Topic until the air clears. I'm not used to reading this much in one day.

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-10, 11:03 PM
This thread was fun to read, nonetheless...

Until Moon Man stepped in.

Moon Man
2005-Nov-11, 12:41 AM
This thread was fun to read, nonetheless...

Until Moon Man stepped in.
The thread is 3 years old. You joined this year. You never would've read it had I not bumped it.

peter eldergill
2005-Nov-11, 01:40 AM
Big deal. Stop patting yourself on the back

Pete

SolusLupus
2005-Nov-11, 03:49 AM
The thread is 3 years old. You joined this year. You never would've read it had I not bumped it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I could figure that out. I also know when I joined up. I also know that I don't care if you dug it up or not. It was interesting to read, but you are not interesting to listen to. You were before, but one can only watch a train wreck for so long before one becomes bored.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Nov-11, 03:53 AM
Which, Of Course, Begs, The Question:

WHY?

Not To Poke Fun, At a 75 Year Old Man, Riight?

:wall: