PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Futurama

honestmonkey
2002-Jun-03, 05:10 PM
On Sunday, June 3, 2002, I saw the Futurama episode where the spaceship goes back in time to 1947 at Roswell ("Roswell that ends well"). May have been a repeat.

I missed the first few minutes, but the crew manages to lose Bender's body and Dr. Zoidberg. The army at Roswell recovers them. The army guys manage to reconstruct Bender's body from the parts and make a small UFO looking thing (not a robot body!). They call in President Truman to see it and the exchange is something like this:

Truman: Take this and put it in that new Area 51.
Scientist:But sir, that's where we were planning to film the fake moon landing!
Truman:Well then we'll really have to go to the moon. Invent NASA and tell them to get off their duffs!

All in all, it was a pretty amusing episode (Zoidberg was awake during an Alien autopsy and was cheering them on. "My heart! Take it, I've got four.") In a spoof of "Back to the Future, Fry manages to become his own grandpa. Great silliness.

[Oops, maybe this should have gone in the "No Doughnut" forum? Oh well.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: honestmonkey on 2002-06-03 13:22 ]</font>

Chuck
2002-Jun-03, 10:47 PM
In a spoof of Star Trek, they recover Bender's head after it was buried after a thousand years.

My favorite lines:

Professor: "If you kill your grandfather you'll cease to exits!"
Fry: "But existing it basically all I do!"

Or something like that.