PDA

View Full Version : Is this text correct?

RoySalisbury
2012-Jan-17, 03:26 AM
Before I filed a bug I just wanted to make sure it was not the intended text on the page.

On the Man vs Machine there is a block of text above the image map. It reads:

"Help scientists with the Hubble Space Telescope track storms, identify which moons are bright enough to appear in which images, flag image defects like cosmic rays, and discover storms, and random travelers like asteroids and Kuiper Belt Objects that wonder through the field of view."

???

What does that have to do with the moon map?

If its a content bug I will file it in Bugzilla.

Roy

astrostu
2012-Jan-17, 03:46 AM
I've pointed this out to the programming and design team, but I considered it a "minor" thing that would not affect a beta launch. That is definitely on the list. :)

RoySalisbury
2012-Jan-17, 03:46 AM
OK... now its changed... so must have been a bug. I know I'm not supposed to file bugs here, but I was not sure the intent of the text.

Roy

astrostu
2012-Jan-17, 03:49 AM
And it looks like it's been fixed. If you're in the cosmoquest.org/mappers/moon URL, then it should be displaying, "Help scientists with the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter map out the surface of the moon, find scientifically interesting locations, and test the limits of their crater finding software."

astrostu
2012-Jan-17, 03:54 AM
And it's perfectly okay to note any issues on the forum. If you're not comfortable making them public, PM me.

RoySalisbury
2012-Jan-17, 03:58 AM
Ok... There is a post that says "Do Not" post bugs here, so just wanted to follow the rules. I have no problem posting them in the public (or via Bugzilla). I'll keep pressing forward.

Roy

astrostu
2012-Jan-17, 04:03 AM
Do both for now. :) I'm the science co-lead and I'm watching this. Since I'm not mired in the perhaps more important bugs in the code, I've been keeping a list of interface issues and little things like what you posted about the text. Official bug reports - things like if you submit an image and it doesn't submit - shouldn't really be posted to the forum because I can't do much about them. Definitely submit those to the bugzilla address. But it doesn't hurt to let me know, too.

RoySalisbury
2012-Jan-17, 04:06 AM
Cool. I can do that.