PDA

View Full Version : No Image

Evilpuppethead
2012-Jan-30, 10:28 PM
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if someone can help me. I am unable to view the crater image. I see the tools section, the examples at the bottom but no image. Does anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks.

astrostu
2012-Jan-31, 07:20 AM
Can you tell us what system, browser, and a screenshot if possible?

Evilpuppethead
2012-Jan-31, 05:40 PM

Sorry, I was hoping I could get away with not listing all the info. I should have known better.
Anyway here is the info:

Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Running on a Lenovo TSeries with an i5 CPU

StarStryder
2012-Jan-31, 06:25 PM
Hi Evilpuppethead,

Are you using an older version of IE? Our software only works in the newest versions. If you try Chrome or Firefox (which may overheat a computer using XP), everything should work fine.

Cheers,
Pamela

Evilpuppethead
2012-Jan-31, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to list which browser I was using. I installed google chrome and it works fine now. Hopefully I do better finding craters.

Thanks!

wehttam
2012-Mar-01, 09:18 PM
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I had a dark/black/no image as well. It has only happened once, just curious if it was a technical error, or perhaps just a photo of the surface at night. https://s3.amazonaws.com/cosmoquest/data/mappers/moon/v2/M113934743LE/2/00024.png .

Since I'm already posting I'll mention that I have noticed I am needing to log in multiple times during one session on the site, I've logged in three separate times since first coming onto the site tonight. This may very well be just my own fault as I often open multiple new tabs, but it has seemed a bit odd and I thought it worth mentioning. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I joined just a few days ago and have to say I'm enjoying the site and I'm excited to see it continue developing.

kmasterdo
2012-Mar-01, 09:24 PM
I've seen this black image, too.

As far as multiple log-ins are concerned: Did you check the "remember me" option when logging in? This has solved the problem at least for me.

Welcome to CosmoQuest, wehttam!

wehttam
2012-Mar-01, 10:37 PM
Wow, that's a bit embarrassing, I never thought to click that box. Thank you. Thanks for the welcome too, I'm happy to be a part (albeit a small part) of the project.

Ansr
2012-Mar-02, 07:21 PM
there are a few black images that are still left in our database of images. if you see any more just mark it as a bad image.

wehttam
2012-Mar-04, 12:43 PM
Will do. Would you want the images that do not fill the frame marked as 'bad image' as well?

astrostu
2012-Mar-06, 11:41 PM
Will do. Would you want the images that do not fill the frame marked as 'bad image' as well?

It depends on how much black is there. If you can still mark craters on it, then don't mark it as bad. Take a look at Question 8 of our FAQ (http://cosmoquest.org/Moon_Mappers:_FAQ#Why_do_some_of_the_images_have_w avy_or_straight_black_borders.3F) for why this happens.