PDA

View Full Version : Merger Recovery is Underway

cosmoquest
2012-Jul-12, 05:42 AM
I'm so sorry that everything didn't go through perfect with the merger. We're going to keep working on things until everything works.

What's done:
- BAUT accounts are merged in. Anyone who had both a CQX and a BAUT username based on the same email, defaulted to their BAUT username (we can change this by hand if you ask.)
- All posts are imported and merged in and the triple posting has been fixed.
- All the images for attachments and such are now on our server, but... We're struggling to get VB to see them

What's Needed
- Getting the images to work. I've asked the BAUT admin team and my lead programmer Cory to work on this
- Making sure no logins were lost
- Making sure the stats stayed intact for science contributions

I've asked the BAUT admins, who have more experience than I do with the plumbing of VB (and I swear it's plumbing... otherwise it wouldn't leak images and permissions!), to help everywhere they can.

I unfortunately need to be on a plane tomorrow to go to The Amazing Meeting in Vegas with fellow BAUT/CQX member Noisy Astronomer (Nicole Gugliucci). If you're in the area, check out our meetup page and come out for a night of science. Until then... I am putting my trust in Cory and his team and the BAUT admins team to sort the backend, while Kamasterdo and the BAUT moderator team help you find your way around the front end.

Thanks for your patience. -Pamela

Shigeru
2012-Jul-12, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info! I hope that the avatar and other pictures issues can be solved shortly. Keep that hard work and best of in Vegas!

ToSeek
2012-Jul-12, 03:02 PM
We're finding some residual debris from the BA-UT merger years ago involving duplicate imported user ids, which we think is causing the problem where some people's posts are wrongly attributed. Cleanup on this is underway, which may result in duplicate posts but at least they'll belong to the right person. That will get cleaned up in due course, but it's largely a manual process, so it will take a while.

publiusr
2012-Jul-13, 10:04 PM
Wow, the new look is really...bright. I kinda miss the cool blues.

ToSeek
2012-Jul-13, 10:41 PM
Wow, the new look is really...bright. I kinda miss the cool blues.

You can go to the lower left corner of the page and select "vB4 Default Style" to go back to the "cool blues".

Gillianren
2012-Jul-15, 06:53 PM
Hey, how come ToSeek gets an avatar and Shigeru doesn't?

ETA--Hey, but I do!

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-15, 07:24 PM
YEAH...Gillianren is back....

Hide your grammer....

Noclevername
2012-Jul-15, 07:43 PM
Hi, Gillian! Did you know you're supposed to smack someone? (http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthread.php/136564-Should-we-have-a-‘report-bad-grammar-to-Gillianren’-button) ;)

Gillianren
2012-Jul-15, 10:56 PM
Aaaaand that's why I don't spend time in Fun 'n' Games!

ZappBrannigan
2012-Jul-16, 01:32 AM
You can go to the lower left corner of the page and select "vB4 Default Style" to go back to the "cool blues".
I did this, as I like the blue. But the top banner images appear to be missing from this style.

ToSeek
2012-Jul-16, 01:57 AM
I did this, as I like the blue. But the top banner images appear to be missing from this style.

Still a few bugs in the system.