PDA

View Full Version : New Job!

Gemini
2012-Jul-14, 10:33 PM
At my university, there is a program called Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) for "traditionally difficult entry level classes, " where one of the students that did well in the class previously will come back and tutor struggling students in regular weekly sessions. One such class* I took was Exploring the Cosmos I, which is the introductory class for the school's astrophysics program. Recently, I received an e-mail saying that I had been recommended for the position of PASS leader and that the SSC (student success center) would like to request an interview.

Well, apparently I did well because I have the PASS leader job now. I'm definitely both nervous and excited.

*The class wasn't part of the Aerospace Engineering curriculum, but I felt that since I may be working with astrophysicists, it might be good to know where they're coming from. For the same reason I'm taking Private Pilot Ground School ( If I'm going to be working with planes, I should at least have some knowledge of how to operate one.)

Swift
2012-Jul-14, 11:19 PM
Congrats

ngc3314
2012-Jul-16, 01:03 AM
Congratulations! And there are some incoming students who don't yet have a clue how grateful they'll be.

since I may be working with astrophysicists, it might be good to know where they're coming from.

ON behalf of those of us who have been victimized by software design that forces data handling to be done in a backwards and less accurate way, or piece of hardware that must be run in a way which wastes dark time - I applaud standing! And to think it's happening right here in my state...

Nicolas
2012-Jul-16, 10:10 AM
Congratulations with the job!

Up to now, I only knew PASS as an old synthesizer system from Yamaha. :)

LookingSkyward
2012-Jul-16, 10:44 AM
Nice! and good luck!

DonM435
2012-Jul-16, 01:01 PM
Sounds like a rewarding job.

KaiYeves
2012-Jul-16, 07:10 PM
Congrats, Gemini!