PDA

View Full Version : Site Speed and Updates

StarStryder
2012-Jul-20, 05:30 AM
Hi All,

I just want to let you know that we're fully aware the site is running irrationally slow and Cory & Joe are working super hard to sort it out. I'm sadly still traveling, but am going to spend some time trying to catch up on a few things while I wait for delayed luggage.

As we work to fix the speed issues, we're also working to sort out the random broken links, broken images, and other issues that arose after the forum merger. We are deeply grateful for your continued patience.

I'm home Monday, and you'll have most of my attention (paperwork will have the rest) on Tuesday.

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-20, 04:00 PM
I just want to let you know that we're fully aware the site is running irrationally slow and Cory & Joe are working super hard to sort it out.

Thanks for the effort...although I'm wondering if there is such a thing as "rationally" slow. :D

ZappBrannigan
2012-Jul-20, 05:51 PM
...I'm wondering if there is such a thing as "rationally" slow. :D
Those of us who have been on BAUT for a long time have seen many examples of "rationally slow..."

slang
2012-Jul-20, 06:01 PM
Those of us who have been on BAUT for a long time have seen many examples of "rationally slow..."

Umm.. I don't think you should speak about Mods that way... ;-)

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Jul-20, 06:02 PM
Umm.. I don't think you should speak about Mods that way... ;-)

I thought he was talking about the admins and owners. :-)

schlaugh
2012-Jul-20, 06:45 PM
Just so long as we're not talking about "tired light." :rolleyes: It makes me weary.

Cory
2012-Jul-23, 09:50 PM
I believe I have fixed the site speed issues. It should be quite fast now. Please let me know if this isn't the case for anyone.

slang
2012-Jul-23, 09:53 PM
Much better. Thanks, Cory!

Tinaa
2012-Jul-23, 11:46 PM
Thank Cory!

StarStryder
2012-Jul-24, 12:22 AM
I adore our team! Thanks, Cory!

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-24, 03:04 PM
It should be quite fast now.

Noticed the slowness, before...now it's like greased lightning...:);

Thanks, Cory.

djellison
2012-Jul-25, 12:25 AM
Yup - much much faster - great work!
D

Solfe
2012-Jul-25, 02:40 AM
Warp factor 9, Mr. Cory. Engage!

Ara Pacis
2012-Aug-06, 05:46 AM
Is anyone else having trouble tonight? For the last half hour I've had constant problems with the site timing out and loading improperly (text all over the place) and when I get a chance to post it asks me if I want to leave the page and when I finally seem to post it tells my my security token has expired. What the heck's going on? Iv'e had trouble for weeks and upgraded to Firefox 14 from 10.something. Is it that? a sitechecker says this site is up even when I get a server timeout.

slang
2012-Aug-06, 07:09 AM
Working fine for me, the last couple of hours. Weeks, even. Firefox 14.0.1

Ara Pacis
2012-Aug-06, 09:47 PM
I had intermittent issues with Chrome too last night. Maybe it's local internet issues. We had bad storms Saturday afternoon.