PDA

View Full Version : Happy Moon landing anniversary.

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-20, 04:16 PM
43 years ago today...

I was hoping to see some related documentaries on TV...at least on the science channel, but no joy, and the cable news networks are going to be talking about the senseless killings in Colorado likely all day long...not surprising since "bad" news does "sell" better than "good" news.

There's always the enhanced A11 footage on DVD....thanks to spacecraftfilms.com. :)

Noclevername
2012-Jul-20, 04:19 PM
It's very cool that in the year I was born, men walked on the Moon.

R.A.F.
2012-Jul-20, 04:32 PM
Oh, to be 43, again...

Actually, oh to be 14, again. :)

My memory of it is quite clear..."we" had done it, the Universe had opened up, and the stars were ours for the taking...

The reality, as it turns out, was somewhat different.

redshifter
2012-Jul-20, 05:55 PM
It's very cool that in the year I was born, men walked on the Moon.

My younger brother was born not only in the year men walked on the Moon, but on the exact date (today)!

JustAFriend
2012-Jul-20, 06:05 PM
I was hoping to see some related documentaries on TV...

43 is an odd-numbered year. Expect to see more for the 45th and especially the 50th anniversaries.

The Backroad Astronomer
2012-Jul-20, 06:10 PM
I almost forgot about it this year.

Gemini
2012-Jul-20, 06:50 PM
It's wishful thinking, but it would be nice if there was another moon landing by the 50th anniversary.

Swift
2012-Jul-20, 07:08 PM
It's wishful thinking, but it would be nice if there was another moon landing by the 50th anniversary.
Yes and yes

KaiYeves
2012-Jul-20, 11:19 PM
Happy Moon Landing Day! I went to the Air and Space Museum to see Columbia in the Milestones of Flight gallery and Aldrin's spacesuit in the Apollo to the Moon one. I told everyone I saw that it was the anniversary, and one old man told me and his grandkids that he'd once run a marathon with Mike Collins!

Noclevername
2012-Jul-20, 11:38 PM
I just got off the phone with my uncle Bill, it's his birthday today. So I wished him a happy birthday and a happy Mooniversary.

Gemini
2012-Jul-21, 03:38 AM
I went to the USSRC for the Space Exploration Celebration, featuring Charlie Duke as the guest speaker.

Ara Pacis
2012-Jul-21, 05:05 AM
43 years ago today...

I was hoping to see some related documentaries on TV...at least on the science channel, but no joy, and the cable news networks are going to be talking about the senseless killings in Colorado likely all day long...not surprising since "bad" news does "sell" better than "good" news.

As long as they don't start calling it the Apollo Day Massacre...

Gillianren
2012-Jul-21, 05:58 PM
You know, I'm perfectly okay with "something that happened today" taking up more time on the news than "something that happened decades ago," no matter what the two things are.

DonM435
2012-Jul-26, 04:24 PM
43 is an odd-numbered year. Expect to see more for the 45th and especially the 50th anniversaries.

Of course, 45 is an odd number as well, but then again, fives are honorary even numbers!

Ara Pacis
2012-Jul-26, 05:17 PM
Of course, 45 is an odd number as well, but then again, fives are honorary even numbers!

It all depends on where you put the zero.