PDA

View Full Version : Images do not Download

ENortonII
2012-Jul-22, 07:31 PM
About 3-4 weeks ago there seems to have been a change in format of the ICE and Craters pages. Since then I can get to the pages, but the images do not download. A refresh of the page does not work. Clicking the "Done" button just gets the message that the server is unavailable.

Windows 7 64 Mib
Internet Explorer 9 32 & 64 bit
I have tried to do a disk cleanup and other such maintenance.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

rafaelg
2012-Jul-23, 02:50 AM
Maybe already saw all images available for Simply Craters, try Man vs. Machine

Huntrrr
2012-Jul-23, 02:57 AM
ENortonII,

You are not alone. I've tried to "Get Started" in both Ice Investigators and Simply Craters for the past couple of days. All that displays is the spinning wheel.

kmasterdo
2012-Jul-23, 07:56 AM
I'll pass this on to the science/build team.

rafaelg
2012-Jul-23, 08:48 PM
Also is there any problem in mode man-machine, the machine is not placing crater mark.

ENortonII
2012-Jul-23, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the answers! I am getting the spinning wheel but forgot to mention it.

kmasterdo
2012-Jul-24, 07:09 AM
And I totally forgot to welcome you on CosmoQuest/BAUT! ;)

ENortonII
2012-Jul-26, 11:36 PM
Is there any idea when this bug will be fixed? I am still spinning my wheel so to speak.

natattack
2012-Jul-27, 02:00 AM
Is there any idea when this bug will be fixed? I am still spinning my wheel so to speak.

Are you having issues with Ice Investigators or Moon Mappers? We blazed through all the images for Ice Investigators and we're still waiting for new ones, as far as I know...

Aside: I tried doing an ice dance for the images in a silly thread but so far it's not working.

ENortonII
2012-Jul-27, 02:12 AM
Actually it affects Craters and Ice. The pages appear, but the images never come down. All you see is a spinning wheel. A page refresh does not work and the finished working button simply returns an error message that the server is not available.

kmasterdo
2012-Jul-28, 12:19 PM
We're all currently waiting for new Ice images. You should see a "Success" message for Ice Investigators, however, instead of the spinning wheel. As far as Moon Mappers is concerned... I'll try to find out what's going on.

ENortonII
2012-Jul-29, 01:23 AM
Ok, I do see the "Success" image image on the ICE page. That is different from what I was getting before - the spinning wheel. Still getting the wheel on craters.

Cory
2012-Jul-29, 03:27 AM
Sorry for the long wait. This should be fixed for you now. Let me know if this isn't the case.

ENortonII
2012-Jul-29, 03:00 PM
I tried it just befpore I came to the forum. In ICE I got the Success image. But in all three of the craters options, I still got the spinning wheel. I waited 15 minutes on one so it is still doing the same thing.

rafaelg
2012-Jul-31, 12:52 AM
apparently a long time ago that you can not make a crater.
However, each image that I see now was marked for you.
I think that the program does not find an image that you've not seen.
you try to login with another user name to see if it repeated failure.

ENortonII
2012-Jul-31, 02:26 AM
I am not sure what you are saying.

Cory
2012-Jul-31, 09:59 AM
I've fixed some things. It's likely that you can use the app now. Please let me know again?

natattack
2012-Jul-31, 11:45 AM
apparently a long time ago that you can not make a crater.
However, each image that I see now was marked for you.
I think that the program does not find an image that you've not seen.
you try to login with another user name to see if it repeated failure.

I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong, rafaelg) he's suggesting that you're not seeing any images load because you've already marked all the available images. However, I didn't think that anyone had gotten that far in Moon Mappers, and Cory doesn't seem to be suggesting that this is the case. I was also able to find an image that had not yet been marked by ENortonII so there are at least some out there. Hopefully Cory's fixed it now though.

kmasterdo
2012-Jul-31, 07:11 PM
Thank you for replying faster than I did, natattack! Exactly what I would have said. :D

Cory
2012-Jul-31, 09:34 PM
Though ENortonII is one of our most active users, he has quite a way to go before finishing all of the moon mappers images. There are a lot of them. I changed some code around that wasn't allowing him to view all of the images, so he will likely get them now (hopefully).

rafaelg
2012-Jul-31, 10:32 PM
I do not know as it is the procedure for the allocation of images.
Perhaps it is working in an area of the Moon at the same time.
For example if we are in the area of apollo 15, and ENORTON could complete the images of this area, perhaps for some reason not to pass to the next area.
I hope that soon ENORTON can mark craters

rafaelg
2012-Jul-31, 10:44 PM
I ask forgiveness to all, but I don't speak English.
Online translators do not translate well what I mean.

ENortonII
2012-Aug-01, 02:43 AM
Cory; Thanks for trying. I just tried it again and the spinning wheel is still happening. I tried all three crater apps. There are no pictures in Ice yet so I cannot say whether it works.

Cory
2012-Aug-01, 06:08 AM
It's truly odd that it's not working for you. I can pretend to be other users, and when pretending to be you, I have no problem getting an image.

Could you try logging out and logging back in? Maybe that has something to do with it. I'd even have to say clear your cache (instructions here (http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050)) or try another browser.

If that doesn't work, I might have to resort to the darker forms of black magic.

rafaelg
2012-Aug-02, 12:31 AM
Cory; Thanks for trying. I just tried it again and the spinning wheel is still happening. I tried all three crater apps. There are no pictures in Ice yet so I cannot say whether it works.

ENortonII, if you enter to Simply Craters without login, nor is displayed no image in the working window?.
It could be that an firewall this blocking to the JAVA.

ENortonII
2012-Aug-02, 01:14 AM
Well I made some progress today. But I had to get out a 5 year old XP laptop and install Firefox on it as Craters does not allow IE8.

So it is not a firewall issue, but something else, perhaps at IE9 or Windows 7 Pro issue with some of the code on Cosmoquest. And since others have reported this issue, it seems it is not my computer here.

ENortonII
2012-Aug-02, 04:27 AM
Thanks! I got it working on another machine to see if it was a firewall issue. I had tried logging out early on. In fact I was logging in every day until last week to see if that was the issue. I have cleared my IE cache multiple times using three different methods - From IE, Disk Cleanup and CCleaner. None of them worked.

i think darker forms of Black Magi are in order. I really do not want to have to get out my old XP laptop to mark craters and Ice. Besides we have an electricity conservation day tomorrow and a second computer is not called for.

StarStryder
2012-Aug-02, 05:37 AM
This has us baffled. IE in a default install (no plugins on and updated system) generally works except for a few CSS issues. Cory logged in as ENortonII to test things and saw no issues. We think this is a computer issue at this point, and we aren't in a position to debug default systems.

Can you please try installing (in order of best to worst) one of the following: Chrome or equally Safari, or Firefox.

I'm so sorry for your difficulties.

Ansr
2012-Aug-02, 06:09 PM
Opera also works. While testing in IE9 there were some issues but they seemed to fix themselves and the problem went away and we couldn't make it show up again to figure out what was causing it.

ENortonII
2012-Aug-03, 02:34 AM
Well whatever happened, and I did not do anything since last time I was here, it now works on the Windows 7 computer. I am the IT Geek where I work and I am usually the one that has to tell people I do not know what happened when an issue fixes itself. But since I, or my "aura", usually get the credit, Star Stryder and ANSR get the credit this time!

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Huntrrr
2012-Aug-03, 04:18 AM
Me too. I've experienced the same miracle. I've done the clearing the cache and deleting browser history in IE9, which didn't seem to solve anything. But, now I'm able to get images in Simply Craters, and I didn't do nothing.

Good job build team!

StarStryder
2012-Aug-03, 05:34 AM
Awesome to hear!